Capital One 12/15/17

Comments

• Steve LangSteve Lang Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

But I guess if I buy Quicken Special Plus 2018 Expert Edition, this should all work fine. Am I right?

I’m. Using edge and I do see a date range to download my transactions . Does anyone know how I can see. the. date range ?
  • EdEd Member
    edited December 2017

Advanced setup shows the Capital One-New, but doesn't go anywhere other than a message that tells me they're sorry and it's not my fault.  So whose fault is it?  I'm following the instructions by the letter.  I don't see any setting choice for Express Web either, no choice

I have Quicken 2018 and I have the same issue.
  • feobrienfeobrien Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017

But I guess if I buy Quicken Special Plus 2018 Expert Edition, this should all work fine. Am I right?

Allen - you are spot on. I get the message about upgrading to 2018. Sure is a hard sell when we can't get the current version to work with our bank. I don't know where the problem is, it is clearly related to the Capital One update, HOWEVER both the Capital One and Quicken folks MUST know at least where the problem is. One or both of them should put out a definitive message to  THEIR CUSTOMERS stating the problem.
  • s.cronmillers.cronmiller Member
    edited December 2017
    This seems to happen periodically to be honest, and it isn't just the recent Q2018  push.  And it seems no one wants to take ownership except via a user commenting on what they've been told.  Not really acceptable performance by either Quicken OR Capital One.  
    They should BOTH realize they have a LOT of mutual customers and Communicate, Collaborate, and Correct.  The apparent finger-pointing does no one any good and, if that isn't the real case, communication (Heavens FORBID) even joint communication could help correct that.
  • edited February 2018
    I'm not waiting for Capital One to fix this.  They've been frustrating me for years and this is the last straw.  Started moving funds out of Capital One accounts and closing them this morning.  Good riddance.
  • John SJohn S Member
    edited December 2017
    Still can not connect.  Quicken and C1 issues have gotten old.  Years of problems with Quicken and C1.  Quicken even asks almost even launch if I want to upgrade,   I tell it not to ask but it still asks.  Why would I want to upgrade this POS?  Bring back the days of competition>>MS Money.  Quicken has even closed the thread about C1 upgrade not working with the change on 12/15.  So much for letting us know!
  • PAULPAUL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    will there be a fix and when?? what are the contact numbers? what is alternative to quicken?
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    PAUL said:

will there be a fix and when?? what are the contact numbers? what is alternative to quicken?

Hi Paul.

We are aware of the situation with Capital One: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-12-15-17-capital-one-accounts-not-working and we are working on a resolution.

Please be patient with us. We apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • WindowViperWindowViper Member
    edited December 2017

I'm not waiting for Capital One to fix this.  They've been frustrating me for years and this is the last straw.  Started moving funds out of Capital One accounts and closing them this morning.  Good riddance.

I like your comment, even though I am not following your example, because this is the way free markets are supposed to work. Capital One should incur costs for this and similar failures, and losing you as a customer is one of those costs.

Other complainers should consider the same response instead of incessantly complaining.
    edited December 2017
    PAUL said:

You "apologize for the inconvenience that it has caused." Why do customer support scripts always say that? The word "inconvenience" is condescending. Can't you see that?
  • JackWilsonJackWilson Member
    edited December 2017

It's very hard for me to believe that Capital One is to blame for all of it when there are numerous complaints by users of Regions Bank, BOA, and others.  I think Quicken has a huge responsibilityhere and we don't get much from Quicken other than "sorry to inconvenience you".
    edited December 2017
    PAUL said:

Sorry, Quicken Harold, if I appeared to be ranting, but I intended only constructive criticism in pointing out that the word "inconvenience" is condescending.

In any case I appreciate your informative message. The most important point is to know that you are aware of the problem and are working on it.
  • edited December 2017

The crooks, thieves, hackers, and other forms of low-life scum are the ones to blame.  Because of them, online institutions must take the extraordinary measures to protect confidential data and the personal information of clients and customers.  However, sufficient testing of the required software and security fixes is mandatory to avoid problems like Cap1 and Quicken are inflicting on their customers now.  Quicken is not the perfect tool, but since it's the common component to all of my online financial interactions, eliminating Cap1 and their problematic banking interface is easier for me than eliminating Quicken.  To me, it's a repeated shortcoming of Cap1, as I haven't been able to connect my Cap1 credit card to Quicken for over a year now, due to a different set of security "upgrades" they applied to that interface.
    edited December 2017

Likely there is blame on both sides for not working together. However, the Capital One website was down all day on Friday, so they clearly had/have problems.
  • Kim RossmanKim Rossman Member
    edited December 2017

Nonsense, I’m using Quicken 2017 to synchronize accounts with Bank of America, TD Ameritrade, Fifth Third bank and American Express without any problems. So Capital One, please get on the ball and fix your problem.
  • Kim RossmanKim Rossman Member
    edited December 2017
    PAUL said:

Let us hope that Capital One continues to work on their problem....I would equally hope for some sort of announcement from Capital One regarding a time table for implementating a “fix”.
  • Ernie OndriasErnie Ondrias Member
    edited December 2017

2018 upgrade isn’t going to fix the CO

problem......
    edited December 2017

Ernie, Exactly the point. Why would anyone invest I a new version when the old version doesn't work for us. We keep getting these offers to upgrade - it is almost insulting while problem prevents us for using Quicken with Captial One
  • Steve LangSteve Lang Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Irregardless., of who is at fault, why was this problem not discovered in quality assurance testing. Oh....there was no testing!, Quicken has really gone down hill.
  • ulrichson1ulrichson1 Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Matt said:

Yup.. Quicken says the capital one website is down. But the Capital One website is NOT down. Works just fine except in Quicken. Come on, get your stuff together!

This is Capital One disconnecting Direct connection and not having express web connection set up to begin with.  Even the option Capital One new account has been removed it was there before the 15th.  So I totally agree with you David Snider.
  • calvincalvin Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Capital One and Quicken 2018 not working.

Quicken tried to say the Web site for Capital One is down .... NOT TRUE .... I can log into the site at any time ..... It is Quicken that can not communicate with them ....
  • PAULPAUL Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    is there a projected time for a fix ?? please advise quicken reps. its monday morning 8am.
    edited December 2017
    PAUL said:

is there a projected time for a fix ?? please advise quicken reps. its monday morning 8am.

Hi Paul.

This issue is still pending resolution. Once it's resolved, we will send out a notification.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • EjMartinezEjMartinez Member
    edited April 2018
    I agree with you,however I am more than peeved that Quicken did not tell us what the problem was and how long it would be down..this sucks
    edited December 2017
    PAUL said:

Thanks, but you should have told us when the problem was found
    edited December 2017

I agree with you,however I am more than peeved that Quicken did not tell us what the problem was and how long it would be down..this sucks

Hello EJ.

Please follow the following thread for further information: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-12-15-17-capital-one-accounts-not-working

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there any update as to why Capital One accounts are not working on Quicken?.

I've not seen any posts on this for a couple of days.  I've tried again to setup the account this morning and I still have same issue.   This is awful time for Quicken to go down on banking accounts. 
    edited December 2017

Harold - however that notice indicated "Capital One's websites are currently offline, which is preventing Quicken users from adding, updating, or editing their accounts with Capital One financial institutions.  We are working with Capital One to fix this issue; for immediate assistance, please contact Capital One, as Quicken Support cannot assist you with this specific issue." Which was true on Friday. By late Friday that was fixed. It is now Monday - ball is in your court and has been for several days
    edited December 2017

Hello feobrian,

This issue is still pending. Please follow this thread for the latest news: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/new-12-15-17-capital-one-accounts-not-working

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited December 2017

Harold, Quicken keeps saying that Capital One web site is down but that is not so. I can log into their site with no problem and Capital says the problem is with Quicken.
    Blame game should be over and the problem should be fixed
This discussion has been closed.