Scan receipts that automatically create a corresponding Quicken transaction (2 Legacy Votes)

RobWRobW Member ✭✭
Could Quicken scan a receipt via a scanner (or photo from the Mobile app) and parse it into a register entry? I used to scan receipts with a Neat scanner which did this and import them into Banktivity, automatically filling in the account, payee, date, amount and category as well as comments that I added in Neat before import. It wasn't perfect (scan wasn't 100% accurate), and it took 2 steps (scan/edit receipts and then import to Banktivity) so wondered if we could do it in 1 step with Quicken. I realize we can download bank transactions and it is rare that a bank makes a mistake, but my wife's transactions are almost all cash, so I'd like to be able to easily enter them in Quicken from receipts.
2 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    While you can attach a file to any transaction, Quicken does not have any scanning/import features. You would have to manually scan, and then attach it to an existing transaction that has all the details.
  • Jaye CovertJaye Covert Member
    edited November 2019

While you can attach a file to any transaction, Quicken does not have any scanning/import features. You would have to manually scan, and then attach it to an existing transaction that has all the details.

The annual changes in Quicken really don't offer many updates that makes it a great purchase. The weak link is their scanning/importing and transaction creation. I've read that many people have been asking for this for a long time. Any plans to get this implemented or are you just going to provide little changes for each version? I was considering 2018 but don't feel there is much new.
  • Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team