T Rowe Price and Quicken Mac 2018

Does Quicken Mac 2018 support T Rowe Price? When I try to connect I get an error message that says it cannot communicate with T Rowe Price. I have verified that my login is correct...thoughts?

Comments

• RickORickO SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Yes, T Rowe Price is supported with Direct Connect as the connection type. Being that it's Direct Connect, you should probably start with TRP's tech support for help with this. Unfortunately, you will probably have to wait until Tuesday.

You might want to post a screenshot of the error message you are seeing in case anyone else has found a way to resolve the error without involving tech support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Allan TrautmanAllan Trautman Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm having the same issue. I haven't been able to connect with T. Rowe Price for months. Here' the response I get when I enter my username and password:

I did go to the T. Rowe Price website and manually enter the same username and password, so I know they are correct.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I'm having the same issue. I haven't been able to connect with T. Rowe Price for months. Here' the response I get when I enter my username and password:

I did go to the T. Rowe Price website and manually enter the same username and password, so I know they are correct.

Hi Allan. Appreciate your question.

According to the screen shot that you provided, it mentioned that "The specified account number does not correspond to one of the user's accounts."

I would contact TRP's technical support per RickO's advice above and see if there are issues with the accounts being able to download to Quicken.

Please let us know how it goes.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited January 2018

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  • Antonia HallAntonia Hall Member
    edited January 2018
    I just contacted T Rowe Price with the same problem. Apparently they only support brokerage accounts with Quicken and if you have an IRA (which I do with them...), then you will not be able to download because they don't consider that a brokerage account. So you have to manually enter all of your transaction history. Ugh. 
    edited January 2018

I just contacted T Rowe Price with the same problem. Apparently they only support brokerage accounts with Quicken and if you have an IRA (which I do with them...), then you will not be able to download because they don't consider that a brokerage account. So you have to manually enter all of your transaction history. Ugh. 

Aha. My account, while not an IRA, is also not a brokerage account. It's just a regular mutual fund account. So maybe that's the issue. Thanks for the info!
This discussion has been closed.