Getting error CC-501

did you get this fixed? 
for the time and aggravation spent on this, its so ridiculous fighting it

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Error CC-501.

Comments

• Flat stanleyFlat stanley Member
    edited December 2017
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Moving to existing conversation.

just chatted with agent who has troubleshooted every possibility and still error code c501 when trying to add account. Has anyone had success with this?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Error: CC-501 When trying to add new account - Mango Money.
  • John SJohn S Member
    edited December 2017
    I was able to connect yesterday but today I get an error.  Error CC-501
  • GeorgeGeorge Member
    edited December 2017
    I repeatedly get errors during updates.  Also every day must answer verification questions for my PNC accounts and most times, they do not update and I get the quicken server error message.  If there was another product (not sure MS Money still exists), I'd be switching away from Quicken.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone!

Is there an additional message with the error? IE. "it's not your fault" or ''Account.not.found"  Sometimes the error screen will also have a clipboard icon that has more information.  Let me know if anyone sees any of that information.

-Thanks
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Frank DeMelloFrank DeMello Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

This is what I have been getting for around 9 mos. Only a few accounts work normally. 

Not shown is Bank Of America which also does not work
  • JohnnieBoyJohnnieBoy Member
    edited January 2018
    CC-501 may cover MANY problems.  I can't tell whether you are hitting the same one I am.
    Just in case anyone shares my specific problem, here it is:

One of my bank accounts gives a CC-501 error EVERY TIME I try to download its transactions.  I can fix it immediately in Quicken by "modifying" this account's password to the same value it always was (yes, just re-enter the same password).  Then the download succeeds.  CLEARLY A BUG in Quicken, but easy to get past it (though really annoying).
  • edited February 2018
    Anyone get a solution that worked on this error? I've been getting it for a week after years of few problems. If I can't download, I don't see the point of having Quicken.
  • GeorgeGeorge Member
    edited April 2018
    No.  I've used quicken for a long time and mostly trouble free.. till now.  I did create a new file and re-enter all of my accounts which seemed to work for a bit, but am now back to having the same issue.  Also, when quicken asks for my password account (for one that hasn't changed), I enter it and quickens hangs forcing me to end it via task manager.

Anyone know of another product that works?  At this point, I'm likely to switch since I am not paying a yearly subscription for a product that doesn't work and there is no help from support.
  • Marie ReillyMarie Reilly Member
    edited April 2018
    I've been getting the CC-501 error everytime I try to download transactions from my bank. After I deactivate and set-up it will download transactions, but back to the error the very next time again. I agree with George, I'm ready for a change!
  • Frank DeMelloFrank DeMello Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Same frustration here for over a year. This worked for me:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/i-just-got-some-help-from-quicken-customer-servi...:

You would think Quicken support could help.....
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello all, appreciate your replies.

One recommended  troubleshooting step is to try adding one of your accounts in a test file and see if it works.

Please let us know the outcome.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • GeorgeGeorge Member
    edited April 2018
    Harold,

If you look at my previous post, you will see I created a new file (third time but first time for this reason), re-added my accounts and still experience this issue.

George
    edited February 2018
    George said:

Harold,

If you look at my previous post, you will see I created a new file (third time but first time for this reason), re-added my accounts and still experience this issue.

George

Hi George,

Which bank are you getting the error with?

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • GeorgeGeorge Member
    edited February 2018
    George said:

Harold,

George

Hi Harold,

These are the results from this morning's attempt:
    Bank of America - OL-221-A
    CFNA - CC-505
    Citibank - OL-220-A
    Discover - CC-502

Each day is different, some banks work others do not and the error changes as well.

I've spent hours with tech support both via phone and chat without success.  Often they tell me to call the financial institution to resolve the error.  That's not support.

George
  • edited February 2018

One recommended  troubleshooting step is to try adding one of your accounts in a test file and see if it works.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Are there any other options? I just tried to add a test file and it took me on a labyrinth of set up options that ended with me needing an activation code to register my software, which I don't have. This is ridiculous. Quicken hasn't been good since the 2013 release. I subscribed to 2017 hoping it would get better. I won't be renewing if this is what I can expect.
  • edited February 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

BTW, it's not just credit card accounts that are having an issue. My check and savings account get the error, too. All of my investment accounts are working and one of my credit card accounts is working. Everything was working okay and then it just stopped for several of my accounts. I've tried several recommendations from this forum and none of them have worked for me.
  • edited February 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I was able to get one of my accounts working again. I went into the Online Services tab in the Account Details section and noticed that Chase offered a new connection method called "Direct Connect". I clicked on it and it generated a message in my account on the Chase website, which provided further instructions to set up the online access. Once I followed those steps, the connection was restored. In the note it said that action must be taken by February 15th or financial software wouldn't be able to connect to the account. I had not received any notice from my financial institutions about this "deadline," yet when I looked at the date of the last online update for all of the accounts that are no longer working, the last time they updated was Feb 15th. It appears something has changed with the banks' protocol for connecting with Quicken. The CC-501 error message doesn't help because it says that there's a problem with the Quicken server instead of a problem with the financial institution. Unfortunately, none of my other banks' websites give me any information on how to fix this for those accounts, so I still cannot get those accounts working again. It'd help if Quicken could investigate what change occurred and issue instructions on how to fix.
  • Flat stanleyFlat stanley Member
    edited February 2018

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

It is fixed. System gets hung up a lot. The troubleshooting is getting old.
  • GeorgeGeorge Member
    edited February 2018
    George said:

Harold,

George

I forgot to mention that it happens with my checking and savings accounts too.
    edited February 2018
    George said:

Harold,

George

Hello George, appreciate your response.

The OL errors are errors that are out of our control, they are errors being reported from the bank, including BOA and Citibank.  

We can try to do a test file and adding your files and see if this resolves the issue.

Here is more information on these errors in which you are getting:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-wh...
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-505
    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-updating-accounts-cc-502

Please let us know the outcome of the test file.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Vince WinslowVince Winslow Member
    edited February 2018

Anyone get a solution that worked on this error? I've been getting it for a week after years of few problems. If I can't download, I don't see the point of having Quicken.

Exactly my feelings. Quicken works sometimes, and then sometimes it doesn't. It is so frustrating.
  • GeorgeGeorge Member
    edited February 2018
    George said:

Harold,

George

Harold,

As previously stated, I've already recreated files and still end up having problems. 

Your support recommendation to contact my bank isn't helpful.  I actually tried that once and the customer service rep had no idea how to resolve a Quicken issue.

George
    edited February 2018
    George said:

Harold,

George

Hi George,

The only other option that I can provide is to contact Quicken Support at http://www.quicken.com/contact-support.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.