Allow prior year to be the default year when entering dates in January

Rich SRich S Member ✭✭
Not everyone has time to enter every transaction which needs to be entered manually, the same day.  In January it would be really helpful if we could set a window of a month or two for data entry, where the year for entry could be assumed to be the prior year.  

Comments

• edited December 2017
    No thanks.

I vote a resounding "No"!

I download transactions daily.  I don't want to see defaults to a previous year in the register or in reports.
  • edited December 2017
    No thanks.

I vote a resounding "No"!

I download transactions daily.  I don't want to see defaults to a previous year in the register or in reports.

BTW keyboard shortcuts in the date field are:

+ = increases the day by 1
    - = decreases the day by 1

m = first of the month, then previous month
    h = last day of the month, then next month
    y = first day of the year, then previous year
    r = last day of the year, then next year

Maybe that helps you.  
  • Rich SRich S Member ✭✭
    edited January 26
    I guess you are privileged to have time to work on Quicken every day. I am lucky to get time to work on it once a month. Well anyway, I have to presume they took your advice.  Thanks for nothing.   I was suggesting an OPTION not a MANDATORY CHANGE!
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Rich S said:

I guess you are privileged to have time to work on Quicken every day. I am lucky to get time to work on it once a month. Well anyway, I have to presume they took your advice.  Thanks for nothing.   I was suggesting an OPTION not a MANDATORY CHANGE!

Hey Rich,

Sorry for the frustration.

The user above has been removed from the community.

I think that your idea is valid and makes a good point.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Rich SRich S Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Rich S said:

Thank you so very much! WOW!! 
This discussion has been closed.