Selecting a property will default to all properties

Quicken RPM 2017 R15
In Rental Property tab -> Profit/Loss.
If I select any property available and click on it, it will always change back to All properties.
This is confusing eventhough the In/Out/ProfitLoss tab below it will change according to the selected property.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hi Nordin,

I did some digging on this issue and what is happening is the Profit/Loss tab is defaulting to the property selected in the "Rent Center" tab drop down menu:

image  image

If a specific property is selected in the Rent Center, then the Profit/Loss tab will default to that selected property:

image  image

I've submitted this to our Development teams to confirm if the product is working as designed or if this is indeed a bug and will update this thread when I have more information.  In the meantime, however I recommend selecting the property under Rent Center first to help eliminate some of the confusion.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Hi Nordin,

I did some digging on this issue and what is happening is the Profit/Loss tab is defaulting to the property selected in the "Rent Center" tab drop down menu:

image  image

If a specific property is selected in the Rent Center, then the Profit/Loss tab will default to that selected property:

image  image

I've submitted this to our Development teams to confirm if the product is working as designed or if this is indeed a bug and will update this thread when I have more information.  In the meantime, however I recommend selecting the property under Rent Center first to help eliminate some of the confusion.

Thank you,

Sarah

Nice work investigating this. I suspect it is working as designed as the Property and Debt views and Investing tab views have a similar shared account selection across views behavior.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017

Hi Nordin,

image  image

image  image

Thank you,

Sarah

Thanks mshiggins, I suspect it is by design as well but wanted to be sure.  Especially since I kept working with it and determined that once a property other than "all properties" is selected in the Rent Center, you can then select any of the properties in the Profit/Loss tab without the dropdown menu defaulting to the original property that was selected.

I will however, let you all know what I find out once I do get an update.

Thanks,

Sarah
  • NordinKaNordinKa Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Sure this is a bug. Rent Center and Profit/Loss is in different tabs. They shouldn't link to each other. Furthermore, the 2 tabs served for different purpose.
    Waiting for fixes.