Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Bill Reminders don't always update correctly - skipping months (updated topic)

Answers

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Just submitted a payment for a linked bill with a due date of 3/8/18.  I paid early, 2/26/18.  Quicken 2018 has changed the next due date to 5/28/18.  Especially odd in that it chose the 28th of the month which was neither the bill due date, the 8th, nor my chosen payment date of the 26th.  Submitted Problem Report via the software.  Running version R5.20.  Quicken Premier 2018.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited October 2018
    Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and share a small update on this issue.  A fix is in development and tentatively expected to be available as part of the mid-March release update.  
    Please note, this is an estimated timeframe that is subject to change at any time due to the possibilities of additional issues/problems that may be found during the testing phase.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue is being worked on and will continue to post updates as I receive them.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Paul said:

I have documented as requested and sent a response.

Thank you for updating us. Sarah, I appreciate your support.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Back reminder date up by one month.

My boss gets payments on a loan he did for someone. There are monthly reminders for this payment that is due to him. He is trying to enter the February 1st payment, but the reminder says it is for March 1. So, it seems that when he enters this payment, it will bump up the reminder and when it is time, it will say it will be for the April 1st payment, even though it will be for the March 1st payment. Seems as though this will keep going. How can he change the March 1 reminder, to say it is the February 1 payment? I tried changing it for him by using the Change link, but when I attempted to change it to 2/1/18, and clicked done, the reminder still says 3/1/18. 
    I'm sure there's probably something silly that I'm not thinking of. 

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Back reminder date up by one month.

My boss gets payments on a loan he did for someone. There are monthly reminders for this payment that is due to him. He is trying to enter the February 1st payment, but the reminder says it is for March 1. So, it seems that when he enters this payment, it will bump up the reminder and when it is time, it will say it will be for the April 1st payment, even though it will be for the March 1st payment. Seems as though this will keep going. How can he change the March 1 reminder, to say it is the February 1 payment? I tried changing it for him by using the Change link, but when I attempted to change it to 2/1/18, and clicked done, the reminder still says 3/1/18. 

IMHO, Rodney Barker's question should have NEVER been merged into this message thread. It appears to me to be totally different from the "skip a month" issue discussed here.

To fix Rodney's problem, just edit the reminder, "this instance and all future instances", and set the date back to 2/1. Now execute the reminder to record the 2/1 transaction and you should be on track for 3/1.

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

NOPE done that and when you enter it enters the 2/1 and the next scheduled is 4/1 instead of 3/1 so it does skip a month
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

This is not strictly on topic, but I would bet it's related since it's a bill reminder issue:

This morning while starting a One Step Update, I saw two
    online payments ready to send.  I did not
    enter these online payments nor did I have the reminders set to be
    automatically entered.   They are related to monthly bill reminders I
    have set up for Bank of America and Capital One.  They are also in my check register as online payments ready to
    send.  I deleted those from the regster and the reminders reappeared in the bills page with the correct reminder date.  

Next I closed and reopened Quicken and did a file validate - no errors found.

Next I started to do One Step Update again and those two payments were back again and ready to send.

Submitted report to Quicken via the help menu.
    edited February 2018

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and share a small update on this issue.  A fix is in development and tentatively expected to be available as part of the mid-March release update.  
    Please note, this is an estimated timeframe that is subject to change at any time due to the possibilities of additional issues/problems that may be found during the testing phase.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue is being worked on and will continue to post updates as I receive them.

Thank you,

Sarah

Hello Gil,

When the fix is officially released and available, I will update this post.  If you aren't already, I recommend following the conversation to automatically receive an email with the updated information.

Hope this helps,

Sarah
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018

Hi Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

thank you Sarah, when will that be? this has been going on for more than 3 months now. Many are very close to leaving Quicken and going back to parent company intuit's Quickbooks or many alternative out there nowadays. this is urgent!! while we do not need a fix released unless it has been 100% tested, we need some sense of urgency to be hired on behalf of the Quicken team. thank you very much for all your help with this!!
  • Patrick HasenjagerPatrick Hasenjager Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My issue has gotten worse.  This morning, I paid two bills scheduled monthly on the 15 (paid the March payments).  The next scheduled payments became due in June.  I changed them to April and it set them to May.  Now, I cannot get them to change to anything BUT May.

Quicken 2018 Premier - R6.11 (Build 27.1.6.11)
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Now the projected balances graph is missing a reminder altogether.  Look at the openening and closing balances.  It's missing the $500 reminder.   I ran a validate and no errors found.

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Now, after running a one step update, the 500.00 and 140.00 got pushed out a month.  After correcting them back to 3/28, BOTH are being ignored in the graph so the closing balance now showing 588.27.  Keeps getting more interesting.  :)  These are both linked bill, by the way.
  • jjthomasjjthomas Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I am glad to see that this issue has been reported, confirmed as occurring for others, and that a fix is on the way, tentatively, in mid-March.  I have been able to verify that the behavior I see on my version of Quicken is the same.  Pay a scheduled bill that is using Online Bill Pay via my bank, perform a One-Step Update to send the payment, and then make sure to find the scheduled bill to ensure it has not skipped a month.  

Unfortunately, this bug bit me with a missed payment that I had not known I had missed.  

I look forward to the update and will make sure to follow this conversation as to when an update is posted.  

For those interested, I am running Quicken Premier 2018, Version R5.20, Build 27.1.5.20 on Windows 10 Pro Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.248).  
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How many users are having issues with Quicken 2018 for Windows randomly losing bi....

Quicken for Windows 2018 randomly losing bill reminders
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited February 2018
    SEEMS LIKE QUICKEN JUST 2-28-2018 6 pm RELEASED AN UPDATE TO ITS SOFTWARE LISTING A LONG LIST OF ISSUES THAT HAVE BEEN CORRECTED- NOT SURE YET IF THE SKIPPING HAS BEEN ADDRESSED- please post here once you get the chance to install the update and figure out if the issue is fixed- thank you!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Some more data:

I clicked "Pay" to schedule a credit card payment from "Bills, Income & Transfers" due on 3/9. The payment was scheduled and the next payment was moved to 4/9 as expected.

Then, I ran One Step Update to send the information to my bank. When I looked back in "Bills, Income & Transfers", the next payment was now pushed another month to 5/9.

Quicken 2018 R6.11 build 27.1.6.11 on Windows 10 1709
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018

Hi Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

HI SARAH DO YOU HAVE ANY UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE
    QUICKEN RELEASED AN UPDATE A COUPLE DAYS AGO BUT THE ISSUE IS STILL TAKING PLACE AND BILL REMINDERS ARE SKIPPING ONE FUTURE INSTANCE WHEN ENTERING BILLS
    edited March 2018

Hi Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hello Gil,

I just checked my ticket with Development on this issue and at this time do not have any new updates, other than the fix is currently in the testing stage and still slated for the tentative release of mid-March.  

We do understand the urgency of resolving this bug and want to assure you this has been a top priority for the Development teams but we also want to be sure we get it right and test the fix thoroughly before releasing it which does take some time.

We appreciate your continued patience and again, when additional updates on the status of this bug is available, I will be back to share.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018
    This has cause me to have late payments for the first time in 15 years. Can we get this fixed? I am having to check each item now after making a payment to see where it moved to. This has been a bug since release.
  • C.B. McCoyC.B. McCoy Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bill Frequency Changing.

Monthly bill frequency not working. I have monthly payments setup with a frequency of each month on a certain day. When I enter the payment the next date should be the following month but it is 2 months later. I discovered this because my house payment was late. I made the payment in January and it reset the next date to March. The February payment was totally skipped. This started happening when I installed Quicken 2018. Anyone else having this issue and have you found a fix?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bill Frequency Changing.

Monthly bill frequency not working. I have monthly payments setup with a frequency of each month on a certain day. When I enter the payment the next date should be the following month but it is 2 months later. I discovered this because my house payment was late. I made the payment in January and it reset the next date to March. The February payment was totally skipped. This started happening when I installed Quicken 2018. Anyone else having this issue and have you found a fix?

This is a known, and very painful issue. Quicken is working on it. Personally I had several bills that were late and incurred late fees.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018

A couple of weeks ago I unlinked from Quicken Billpay any linked reminders and have not seen any skipping since.  I believe that even unlinked reminders had been skipping, but for whatever reason it has stopped - at least up to now.

• allinacallallinacall Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Eddie said:

I am seeing the same behavior: Quicken 2018 for Windows V R4,10 Build 27.1.4.10

SAME BEHAVIOR HERE 
    VR6.12 BUILD 27.1.6.2
    I CANT BELIEVE WE PAY MONTHLY FOR THIS NOW!! AND I HAVE PAID NUMEROUS BILLS LATE AS I DID NOT NOTICE THE SKIPPED MONTH
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Eddie said:

mid-march has come and gone and no fix for this yet!!!!!  any update for the group, Sarah?
  • rpdolanrpdolan Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bill Pay Reminder Due Dates are not accurate after payment Quicken 2018.

Quicken Home Business 2018 VR6.12.  When I make a payment using the Bills and Income interface, the next due date jumps ahead to a future date that is one cycle in the future.  For example, I enter a payment on March 15th and the next payment should be due April 15th.  When I look at Manage Income and Reminders, the next due date is May 15th.  So then I edit that reminder and change the next due date to April 15th, and save it.  I then look the Reminders again, it now says June 15th.  It does not matter if I choose "Edit this instance" or "Edit this and future instances".  I finally deleted the reminder and then added it back.  I keep having to do this for most of my reminders.  I have missed payments because of this.

I am not using Linked Billers, that is another story.  I tried using the linked billers feature when I first converted to 2018 but I had too many problems and unlinked all of my billers.   Quicken 2018 has been a big disappointment, I wish I never converted from 2016.  What used to take 15 minutes to pay monthly bills now takes 2 hours.
  • rpdolanrpdolan Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    My original post was merged into this thread, "scheduled transatcions skip a month".  While I appreciate the fact that this is a recognized problem, I wish someone at Quicken could have changed the spelling of "transatcions" so I would have had a better chance of finding this problem before I created my own post.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Eddie said:

I was having this issue.  Edited bills to the correct date and paid and now they seem to be incrementing properly.  
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Eddie said:

I have had this issue starting in Nov 2017 with the 2018 Quicken. I have been told by support that it is a know issue and an update would fix it at the end of March. The update came (Ver. R7.5 Build 27.1.7.5) In processing a payment and doing a one step update, the date will not advance the one month until I close Quicken and reopen it. Then the date is correct. On the Bill and Payment page, it did show the number of payments to be sent and once I click send, nothing updated until I close Quicken. This issue is only partially fixed. I should not have to close Quicken for  payment information to update.
    Jim
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018
    This has been fixed in the March patch. Please let us know if you still face it. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

I did the same, and it still occurs.
This discussion has been closed.