Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Bill Reminders don't always update correctly - skipping months (updated topic)

Answers

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

This has been fixed in the March patch. Please let us know if you still face it. 

I am still facing the same issue. It also is occurring in Rental Property Manager.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

This has been fixed in the March patch. Please let us know if you still face it. 

When processing a payment (manual bill pay, not linked) from the Bills page, it indicates that a payment is ready to send to the bank for processing. There is a badge showing one (or more) payments need to be sent. I click on the badge and the update processes, however the badge does not change and still indicates payments need to be sent and the next payment due date does not advance. I tried to do a one step update and the badge on the bill pay screen still indicated a payment was ready to be sent. I closed Quicken and restarted, the payment date did advance one month.
    The problem is only partially fixed. Why do I need to close and reopen to complete the process? In doing a one step update, why does the badge on the bill pay screen not change?
  • Brian MillerBrian Miller Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I am having the same problems with scheduled transactions skipping a month after entering a current transaction. I just spent 1 hour on the phone with tech support, and the result was, "Hopefully this problem will be solved with a future release. A team is working on this issue." Apparently, this problem is not a priority for Quicken, however, because they have known about the problem for over 3 months and nothing has been done to fix the problem. I'm sure if the decision makers at Quicken were personally faced with the possibility of missing monthly payments because of a software error they would give this problem a bigger priority and get the problem fixed. I've been using Quicken for several years, and it's always been buggy, but this is the worst problem I have ever faced with the software. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

I'm getting mixed results with the latest patch. The skipping a month issue seems to be fixed. I need to experiment more but my first billed did not skip a month. However, I am getting the "payment ready to send" icon even after the payment has been sent. The only way I can see to get around this is to exit Quicken and launch again. My frustration level is ever increasing. image
  • Doug ObeeDoug Obee Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

I have Q2018 Deluxe R7.5 In my case all payments skip not just a month. They double the payment frequency consistently as soon as the one step operation is executed. Monthly goes to two months.  Four months goes to eight months.  Six months to one year. One year to two years.  I send my online payments to Chase Bank for payments.  All my payments are manual.  None are linked.  The linked payment system has never worked for me and I don't like how it works anyway. After I make any payment, I go to the "manage manual bills and income" section and correct the next due date.
  • RubenRuben Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Same here, I did report this problem via the Help/Report a Problem link within the program. I received a reply saying they thought the problem was resolved on the last update Quick 2108 7.5. They said via email that they would take a look at my data that was sent via the problem reporting and get this resolved. I encourage everyone to continue to report this issue, they seem to think it's been resolved, thanks.
  • rpdolanrpdolan Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I have updated to R7.5 and there are still problems.  I went in to pay my electric bill which is due 4/28/18.  I went to Bills and Income and it was not there, so I looked at "Manage Manual Bills and Income" and it was listed as due on 05/28/18.  So I selected "Edit This Instance and All Future Instances".  I changed the due date to 04/28/18, saved it, and then watched as the date field changed from 04/28/18 to 06/28/18.  So I deleted the reminder, went to my register, and found the 03/28/18 payment and added a new reminder.  It showed up under 04/28/18, so I paid it, ran it thru Quicken Bill Pay, and for now it shows up as the next due date of 05/28/18, and the 04/28/18 payment was successfully scheduled.  Maybe I need to delete all of my reminders.  
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018
    This is still happening.  I did find a common thread. It does not seem to be all reminder types, only those associated with Bill Pay via PC banking.  I am now paying all monthly bills at one time so that I can see all those that skip a payment period. It is not just skipping a month, it is skipping a whole payment period. If you have a quarterly payment due, it will skip a whole quarter as well.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled reminders remain even after entering payment.

I've been using Quicken for many years. Since I upgraded from 2016 to 2018, I've had a lot of small and large problems. The biggest one is that I see a reminder at the bottom of the screen for a regular monthly payment, click to Enter, and enter the amount. The payment appears in my register. HOWEVER, the reminder remains in the reminders window as well. This is happening for most or all of my bills. If I close & re-open Quicken, the reminder is still there. This is making it very difficult to figure out which bills have/haven't been paid.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled reminders remain even after entering payment.

I've been using Quicken for many years. Since I upgraded from 2016 to 2018, I've had a lot of small and large problems. The biggest one is that I see a reminder at the bottom of the screen for a regular monthly payment, click to Enter, and enter the amount. The payment appears in my register. HOWEVER, the reminder remains in the reminders window as well. This is happening for most or all of my bills. If I close & re-open Quicken, the reminder is still there. This is making it very difficult to figure out which bills have/haven't been paid.

THIS IS NOT THE SAME PROBLEM, AND THE ISSUES SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN MERGED. My issue is that after entering the data for a reminder, the transaction goes in the register but the reminder re-appears with the SAME date.

Please un-merge this issue.

I wish I could just go back to 2016, which was working fine.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Quicken support this morning. Here is the email response I got from them:

Thank you for contacting Quicken Customer Support. After going through all the steps of recreating the issue your case has been escalated Product Development. Once a fix is available it will be pushed out into a patch. Please go in quicken go to help report a problem, and report this so they have an example of the issue, in the subject please place "Scheduled Transactions skip a month". This will help our Development Product team further investigate and apporach accordingly.

For now we can only advise you to check with us periodically if a new patch has come out for and update of your 2018.

Sincerely,

I missed another payment and incurred a $29 late charge from the bank. I've tried to support Quicken through the org changes. My patience in Quicken is about gone. Need to start looking for a replacement solution.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

I spent 2 hours on the phone with Quicken support this morning. Here is the email response I got from them:

Thank you for contacting Quicken Customer Support. After going through all the steps of recreating the issue your case has been escalated Product Development. Once a fix is available it will be pushed out into a patch. Please go in quicken go to help report a problem, and report this so they have an example of the issue, in the subject please place "Scheduled Transactions skip a month". This will help our Development Product team further investigate and apporach accordingly.

For now we can only advise you to check with us periodically if a new patch has come out for and update of your 2018.

Sincerely,

Did anyone tried 
    to contact the private equity firm that purchased Quicken? Are they
    aware that Quicken management and staff are oblivious to resolving this problem and thus directly
    or indirectly pushing people to leave Quicken and go elsewhere intentionally or unintentionally?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and share a small update on this issue.  A fix is in development and tentatively expected to be available as part of the mid-March release update.  
    Please note, this is an estimated timeframe that is subject to change at any time due to the possibilities of additional issues/problems that may be found during the testing phase.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue is being worked on and will continue to post updates as I receive them.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah- do you have any update for the group on this? we are in mid-April now and mid-March has come and gone and the issue seems to be still there?
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited April 2018

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and share a small update on this issue.  A fix is in development and tentatively expected to be available as part of the mid-March release update.  
    Please note, this is an estimated timeframe that is subject to change at any time due to the possibilities of additional issues/problems that may be found during the testing phase.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue is being worked on and will continue to post updates as I receive them.

Thank you,

Sarah

Hello Gil,

Additional issues were found during the testing phase and more work was necessary to solve this issue.  I just received an update that they now tentatively estimate the solution to be available as part of the mid-April release which should be soon.

We apologize for any further inconvenience this has caused but appreciate your continued patience while we work towards releasing a fully functional and stable resolution for these issues.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Now I'm having an issue where the payment is not being removed from the bills and income section even though payment went to the bank and is entered into the register. I need to manually "ignore this one" If I forget to do this and try to pay again my bank will error out because it sees that the payment was already made. Frustrated.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Back reminder date up by one month.

My boss gets payments on a loan he did for someone. There are monthly reminders for this payment that is due to him. He is trying to enter the February 1st payment, but the reminder says it is for March 1. So, it seems that when he enters this payment, it will bump up the reminder and when it is time, it will say it will be for the April 1st payment, even though it will be for the March 1st payment. Seems as though this will keep going. How can he change the March 1 reminder, to say it is the February 1 payment? I tried changing it for him by using the Change link, but when I attempted to change it to 2/1/18, and clicked done, the reminder still says 3/1/18. 
    I'm sure there's probably something silly that I'm not thinking of. 

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.

UKR - Thank you, my question was definitely different than what this thread is about. I was going to try to start a new thread again, but thought I'd just reply to you directly, hopefully. I am still doing something wrong. I try to edit the reminder, and the edit never sticks. I also never see the "This instance and all future instances", but I know what you mean, I have seen that before. But I'm not seeing it anytime I attempt. I change the reminder date, click done, and in the reminder list, it's still the wrong next reminder date. 

I also went into the payment schedule of the loan, and tried to change the next payment date, and that never "sticks" either. This particular person pays late frequently, and it seems to confuse the system into thinking the payment is actually for the next month. 

I'm at my wit's end. Haha.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018
    It's part way there. I have 4 almost identical scheduled transactions. Just a few dollars the first of every month into 4 infrequently used bank accounts to keep them from going dormant. I just entered all 4 payments to be paid May 2. After payment was entered, two rescheduled for Jun 2 and two for Jul 2. I cant even manually edit the Jul date. It appears to work but after the edit, the scheduled date is still Jul 2.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018
    Updated to R8.8 Build 27.1.8.8 on Windows 10

Sort of working.

I clicked "Pay" in "Bills, Income & Transfers" to schedule a credit card payment due on 5/9. The payment was scheduled in the account and the next payment was moved to due date of 6/9 as expected.

Then, I clicked the prompt to "send update" at the top of "Bills, Income & Transfers". The payment was sent to my bank, but the scheduled payment reverted back to 5/9. :-(

At this point, I closed and reopened Quicken. The next payment now shows as due on 6/9 as it should. I shouldn't have to restart Quicken to get it to display properly?!
    edited September 2018
    Hello Everyone,

The newest release 8.8 does have a fix for the scheduled transactions skipping a month when entered however, there are a few other schedule transactions issues that have been reported that are still being worked on.  If you haven't yet, please install the R8.8 release and let us know if this issue persists.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

Hello Everyone,

The newest release 8.8 does have a fix for the scheduled transactions skipping a month when entered however, there are a few other schedule transactions issues that have been reported that are still being worked on.  If you haven't yet, please install the R8.8 release and let us know if this issue persists.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah,

Thank you for the update. Could you let us know what the current known issue are? This would be helpful so we know if something should be reported or is currently planned for future fix. I've noticed alot of quirky behavior wround bill pay but this has been going on for a while and its hard to known where we stand on each issue. Thank you
    edited April 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

Hello Leo,

You are welcome :) 

The other main issues that are currently being worked on, are centered around linked Online Bills and Reminders.  Here is a brief overview of the currently known and in progress issues:

An already paid and entered bill will reappear in the Bills tab or duplicate in the register after running the One Step Update with inconsistent due dates and amounts for online bills.  
    Skipped or Ignored reminders reappear after running One Step Update.
    Scheduled transactions disappear from the Bills tab and Manage Bills & Income Reminder window.
    Scheduled transactions automatically enter into the register without the auto-enter option selected and will enter for the current month or months in advance then tries to send payment instructions when running the One Step Update.
    Editing a scheduled transaction causes the transaction to duplicate, skip dates or auto-enter into the register.

If you'd like a little more information on what other User's are experiencing, there are two main threads where these issues are being tracked that I've linked below for you.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/paid-bills-still-show-up-in-reminders
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/bills-being-automatically-entered-to-register

I hope this information is beneficial but please let me know if you have any further questions I can assist with.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited April 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah,

Thanks for the update. I hope Quicken recognizes the severity of these issues. The fact that the recurring online payment doesn't skip a month now it never leaves the bills and income tab unless you manually remove it. This is equally frustrating and dangerous. The chance for resubmitting it to the bank exists and it otherwise just creates a ton of confusion. I'm trying to hold on but I can't much longer.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

Well, I have version 8.8 on Windows 10, and It is still skipping a month for monthly scheduled reminders.  I have had nothing but major problems with this software since the 2018 update. 
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018

Hello Everyone,

Thank you,

Sarah

I have v 8.8 (build 27.1.8.8).  The skip-a-month problem seems to have been solved for me, but now there is a new problem.  Some (not all) of the bills don't increment to the next month (or any other month) when they are paid.  I pay a bill due 5/28, run the One Step Update, and it still shows as owing for 5/28.  I now have to manually go in and increment the bill reminder to the next month.  I never saw this before.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018
    My Quicken has now updated to R8.10 and I have gone through a round of paying bills, and the various problems I had before seem to have been resolved.  Let's hope this is it.

On my way out the door (hopefully) I have to say that it is extraordinary and rather alarming (a) how broken the new release of Quicken 2018 was (most people have commented that, like me, they have been using this feature for years without any problems), and (b) how long it has taken Quicken to resolve the issues (over 4 months, I think, since I first reported it).
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018
    After the last update, It's worse than the way it was 4 month ago. I just entered about 10  payments and ALL of them rescheduled for two month. Now, it won't let me edit the dates. When I use edit, I change the date and click done. When the screen refreshes, it still has the incorrect date.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Update. I had my Windows get trashed by that Avast/Microsoft April update fiasco. The fix was to disable/remove Avast antivirus and restore windows. After that, Quicken seems to be advancing the next due date correctly and edit is working.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited May 2018
    Hello,

I just updated from Quicken 2015 to the newest version. I paid two scheduled mortgage loan accounts for June but now the next scheduled payments are August?? Completely skipped July for both? This doesn't seem to be happening to any other transactions just these two loan accounts? One loan is 3+ years old and transferred from the 2015 version. The other loan was created new in the 2018 version.
    Version R8.10 Build: 27.1.8.10
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited June 2018
    Update:
    After traveling for 5 weeks, I opened my Quicken to find all my bills advanced one month. I had downloaded the update 8.8 and they were correct before I left. I updated to R9.34. Tried to edit this instance and all future instance, after putting in the new date, Quicken would automatically close. I tried this several times to no avail. I then tried to edit just the current instance and changed the date, Quicken froze and I had to close it manually. When restarted no change had taken effect.
    With help from tech support, I was able to correct the date and send a payment. However, The Bill pay and Income screen still indicated the bill was still due. I paid it for 6/29 and the due date reflected 6/29 without advancing to the next month. We had to close Quicken and reopen for the due date to show advancing to the next month.
    Bills and Income function is still not reliable and not stable and can not be trusted. I purchased 2018 and 2019 Quicken, as after 18 years using Quicken, I could not have foreseen such unreliability issues. It's know been 7+ months and still not fixed. Quicken does not take this issue seriously. Only issued the first update in April, 5+ months after being reported.
    I am requesting a refund for the 2019 Quicken. If Quicken can make this program reliable, I will repurchase 2019. If not reliable after the completion of 2018, I will not longer be a client.
  • allinacallallinacall Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Update:
    After traveling for 5 weeks, I opened my Quicken to find all my bills advanced one month. I had downloaded the update 8.8 and they were correct before I left. I updated to R9.34. Tried to edit this instance and all future instance, after putting in the new date, Quicken would automatically close. I tried this several times to no avail. I then tried to edit just the current instance and changed the date, Quicken froze and I had to close it manually. When restarted no change had taken effect.
    With help from tech support, I was able to correct the date and send a payment. However, The Bill pay and Income screen still indicated the bill was still due. I paid it for 6/29 and the due date reflected 6/29 without advancing to the next month. We had to close Quicken and reopen for the due date to show advancing to the next month.
    Bills and Income function is still not reliable and not stable and can not be trusted. I purchased 2018 and 2019 Quicken, as after 18 years using Quicken, I could not have foreseen such unreliability issues. It's know been 7+ months and still not fixed. Quicken does not take this issue seriously. Only issued the first update in April, 5+ months after being reported.
    I am requesting a refund for the 2019 Quicken. If Quicken can make this program reliable, I will repurchase 2019. If not reliable after the completion of 2018, I will not longer be a client.

Same thing here - been using since 1994 24 years - what a shame and what a travesty- they should have left well enough alone- but they wanted to go to internet based. I requested my money back and received nothing- 

no one cares no one does anything- this will surely be the end of Quicken- 
This discussion has been closed.