Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Bill Reminders don't always update correctly - skipping months (updated topic)

Answers

• UnknownUnknown Member
    edited September 2018
    Is this issue fixed? I noticed last month that I'm having the same issue on 2018. I've just updated to the latest version and still have loan reminder bills skipping a month, and I can't seem to "edit" them back to the correct due date (1st of the month). This is frustrating beyond comprehension when I can't rely on Quicken to track this information. I tried to "report" the problem through quicken and got the error telling me to try again, then it closed the window where I typed in all of the data on my error - I'm not typing all that out again guys. Should I go back to 2017??
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited November 2018
    It was fixed and then within the past two weeks or so I noticed that it got unfixed! My mortgage payments are now being skipped by a month all of a sudden I happened to look because I was traveling and wanted to make sure my wife knew what to do and they skipped! Quicken team, the main reason for your software is to manage finances if you can't manage the scheduling of transactions then what value does the program bring? You need to make sure this is fixed ASAP!
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited September 2018

Hello Everyone,

The newest release 8.8 does have a fix for the scheduled transactions skipping a month when entered however, there are a few other schedule transactions issues that have been reported that are still being worked on.  If you haven't yet, please install the R8.8 release and let us know if this issue persists.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah the issue was fixed for me several months ago but after the last update you all provided it is now reared its ugly head and now my mortgage payments are being skipped a month again!! What is going on?
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I have also noticed scheduled reminders jumping ahead with QWin 2018 R12.15, but only for certain reminders and dates. This problem is also present in the newly released QWin 2019 R14.21 and R14.23, which I am testing on a separate computer.

I have a group of investment transactions (2 Sells and 2 Transfers) that is scheduled once per month on the 26th. I accepted October's reminder yesterday, but after restarting Quicken today, the next instance is now scheduled for February 26 rather than November 26. If I edit the problem reminder in the Manual Bill and Income Reminders dialog and set the date back to October 26 or November 26th, the change is accepted and appears to have been recorded.

However if I exit and restart Quicken, the date jumps ahead to February 26.

This is the only reminder that is scheduled for the 26th. I tried setting it to several other dates and they were all OK, only the 26th causes problems. I also tried setting a plain reminder, not a transaction group, to the 26th and it was OK.

I had been using this group of reminders for several years and have not had this problem previously. I have had problems with plain reminders jumping ahead in earlier releases of QWin 2018, but except for this transaction group, the others now seem to work properly.

I have tried deleting the reminder and re-entering it but the problem persists. The file validates OK.

I can also see the problem on a small test file with a simple 2-transaction group of 1 sell and 1 transfer.

For now I have just set it to the 25th and hopefully all will be OK, but this is definitely a weird problem.
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Dan PrichardDan Prichard Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Is this ever going to get fixed?
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Running Quicken - Home, Business
    2019 version R14.23    Build 27.1.14.23
    I have a Income Reminder for my weekly paycheck.  Each week I enter my pay stub.  Once a month I also get a commission check.  In the past I would just use the weekly reminder to enter the commission check then edit the reminder to correct the date for the correct Monday for the weekly check.  This has always worked in the past till I updated a few weeks ago.  Now I find that if I try and reset the date to the Monday reminder I used for the commission check it will only jump the date to the next week.  I then tried to set the reminder to a Monday 2 months prior to the current date.  I watched the Bill and Income Reminders screen scroll through all the Mondays till it got to the Monday past the date I had used.  I then tried to set the date to Tuesday the next day after the reminder I used and it set that date.

Question is has Quicken changed the reminder works in a way that a record is made that once you use a reminder for a future date it will not let you set a reminder again for that date.    It is like the Reminder program thinks I used that date and should never used it again for the same reminder.
  • James104James104 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and share a small update on this issue.  A fix is in development and tentatively expected to be available as part of the mid-March release update.  
    Please note, this is an estimated timeframe that is subject to change at any time due to the possibilities of additional issues/problems that may be found during the testing phase.

I appreciate your patience and understanding while this issue is being worked on and will continue to post updates as I receive them.

Thank you,

Sarah

Has the fix been released?  In the interim, I have to remember to go to scheduled transactions, click enter, move the date up one month and send the payment (I use QBP).  In the mortgage account, Q will not let me correct the date to not skip a month.
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited October 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Back reminder date up by one month.

My boss gets payments on a loan he did for someone. There are monthly reminders for this payment that is due to him. He is trying to enter the February 1st payment, but the reminder says it is for March 1. So, it seems that when he enters this payment, it will bump up the reminder and when it is time, it will say it will be for the April 1st payment, even though it will be for the March 1st payment. Seems as though this will keep going. How can he change the March 1 reminder, to say it is the February 1 payment? I tried changing it for him by using the Change link, but when I attempted to change it to 2/1/18, and clicked done, the reminder still says 3/1/18. 
    I'm sure there's probably something silly that I'm not thinking of. 

Hopefully someone can help. Thanks in advance.

I have installed the 14.27 update. Something changed. A few months back, the skip a month thing affected scheduled transactions Quicken sent to a bank. Scheduled transactions involving drafts, paper checks, or paychecks to me were not affected.

The problem appeared to be corrected for a while but now, it's back. The bank transactions appear to be rescheduling OK but it is doing it to a paycheck I have scheduled. I entered the paycheck and the next scheduled date came up two months away. It will not let me change the date back to what it was supposed to be. At least missing a due date on a paycheck notification is better than missing the due date on a loan or credit card.
  • Same issue here.  Only on loan payments, and only on certain ones.

I noticed that when I changed the "Due Next On" to be the correct next month payment, it would stay for a second, flicker, and then revert to the following month.  It seems there is some validation/rule running in the background that is rejecting my edit.

In an attempt to trick the rule, I changed "Due Next On" to a different day of the month (from the 1st to the 2nd).

This seems to have worked.  My edit stuck, and now my future payments list is correct.  I tried changing it back to the original date, to see if something had perhaps cleared, but it went back to skipping the month.

This works for me, since this is an automated transfer and logging it 1 day later makes no real difference.
  • GeoDoschGeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
    I have my paycheck set-up as a scheduled reminder.  The entry goes into 3 different accounts, and has been working for years.  On my previous paycheck after making the entry it created 2 register entries into each of the 3 accounts (6 total, instead of 3.)  I was a bit concerned, but thought maybe it was a fluke.  Today I entered my most recent paycheck, and the same thing happened.  I did notice that after making the necessary adjustments and pressing [Enter], the dialog box was still there, so I had to press [Enter] a second time.  I checked my accounts, and sure enough, there were 2 register entries in each.

I had not made any recent changes to the scheduled reminder, so I'm assuming this is happening after an update, since it was never an issue before.
  • jose2250jose2250 Member
    This is still happening when scheduling loan reminder. Issue is related to specific dates of certain months. In my case, I was trying 4/2/19 and reminders were scheduled beginning 5/2/19 instead of 4/2/19. I’ve changed it to 4/4/19 instead, and now schedule payment reminders are correct. So...until quicken find the permanent solution, we have to be careful and/or change the dates.
  • dnfinancednfinance Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Sarah,
    I am experiencing the "Scheduled Transactions Skip A Month" software flaw after converting from Quicken 2017 to Quicken 2019 and setting up a new Quicken BillPay account with Metavante.  I have tried to edit the reminders to their original schedules and observed the same momentary flicker described by Evan Rivera on Feb 3.  THe edit doesn't hold.

An update regarding the effort to fix this problem would be much appreciated.  Do the Quicken programmers think they fixed it already?  

I have been a Quicken software and BillPay user since 1993 when Checkfree provided the BillPay service.  Never have I been more frustrated with Quicken, which started with a two month intentional delay to set up a new Quicken BillPay account after converting from Quicken 2017 to Quicken 2019 on Jan 2, 2019.

Version:  R18.15  Premier      
  • YaffiYaffi Member ✭✭
    Are you still having this issue? I am having similar issues, but it seems to be getting worse.
  • Lou MeyerLou Meyer Member ✭✭
    I can't for sure say when this happened, but I had one monthly reminder go missing and another monthly reminder had its next payment date set for December 2019 rather than July 2019. This has never occurred in my 15+ years using Quicken I can only speculate the recent updates. . I've corrected the two reminders and wondering of any others have had same experience. Another good reason to ALWAYS get paper statements.

Q2019 H&B/Rental latest patch
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please perform the steps in this document:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello Lou,

Were you able to try any of the steps that UKR provided above?

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Let us know what we can do to help!

-Quicken Tyka
    Happy Harvest! Gobble! Gobble!
  • Gerald KitchensGerald Kitchens Member ✭✭
    After the most recent update, all my online bill pay reminders are missing for the next month. I edited each bill and moved it back to the correct current month. (Bill shows next due date 8/25, edited it to be 7/25). Bill still does not show up in the bill payment for the current month still does not show up in the list. Clicking on the "manually manage bills" button, the bills show up on the correct date but they are marked as skipped. Thank goodness I know all my bills or I could have easily missed one. This needs to be corrected ASAP.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version of Quicken ..... --> Help --> About Quicken

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Todd G UhlirTodd G Uhlir Member ✭✭
    Even though I have them scheduled monthly, for anything with online bill pay, when I pay a bill, the next one will not show up in my "bills and income" list until 2 months later. I have to edit it and future occurrences to set the date back a month. Then it happens again.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    which version & release of Quicken --->  Quicken menu --> Help --> About Quicken
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Todd G UhlirTodd G Uhlir Member ✭✭
    edited July 2019
    2019 R20.15
    Note that it only happens for my online bill pay. Transfers or other transactions that are not sent work fine.
  • jjthomasjjthomas Member ✭✭
    I can confirm that this behavior has returned after it was reported and fixed, if I recall, last year. I am running Quicken Premier 2019, Version R20.15, Build 27.1.20.15. Please see the attached screenshot as well.

This behavior manifests itself as follows:
    - Schedule monthly bill to be paid.
    - Execute One Step Update to send payments to your bank for processing (in my case, BoA).
    - Review Bill and Income Reminders, expecting next due dates to be the next month (for this example, September).
    - Note that bills are now due in October.

I have found the previous community post about the same issue from 2018.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7659290/scheduled-transactions-skip-a-month
    I am going to post to that thread as well, noting that the issue appears to have returned in Quicken 2019. This leads me to potentially consider testing the beta to see if the issue exists there as well.
  • Gerald KitchensGerald Kitchens Member ✭✭
    Now, R20.15. 27.1.20.15. Just updated tonight but still have missing bills that show they have been skipped.
  • KleinDanielKleinDaniel Member ✭✭
    edited September 2019
    When paying bills using Bill Reminders, some (not all) reminders do not update to the next month but appear on the Reminder list again. If I click ignore it goes away but then sometimes moves ahead two months. I have tried deleting the reminder and creating a new one, but that doesn't seem to help. Suggestions?
  • Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    edited July 2019
    Hello KleinDaniel,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the community.

What version/release of Quicken are you using? 

Please review https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854054/last-update-broke-billers/p1 and let us know if the issues that are discussed throughout this thread are similar to what you are experiencing. 

Please reference the last comment on the thread:

Hello All,

The R20.15 release is now live and available to all Users.  R20.15 includes multiple fixes related to adding/editing Bill Reminders.

If you have not yet, please install the R20.15 release via Help > Check for Updates or by running the One Step Update.

The Release Notes and Mondo Patch have been updated and are available to view here.

If issues with Bill Reminders persist, please create a new post detailing the issues being experienced.

Thank you!

If you are indeed on the QWin 18/19 subscription model, you will want to follow the instructions provided: install the R20.15 update release, as it has a fix for the Bill Reminders issue. 

If the problem persists after installing the update, please post back with more details regarding the issue, as well as your Quicken identifying information as outlined here.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie

• miklkmiklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Just for info. 
    This still happens to me on Reminders that are Send online payment reminders in 20.15 and in 2 different data files do this is not completely fixed
    Natalie, I am using R20,15. Yes, the thread you linked is more or less the same issue. My bills in question are set up as manual, not online. Some are checks but most are auto-debits. When this problem first appeared, tech support suggested deleting the reminder and setting it up again, which I do most of the time the problem occurs. It seems random to me -- at least I've never been able to detect a pattern for when it takes place. I have also regularly validated the data file. Thanks!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you haven't rebooted Windows since you installed the latest software update, please do so now and then try Quicken again.

Still not working?

Please perform the steps in this document including the special Validate procedure:
    Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

Thanks UKR. I have validated my database a number of times since this problem first started appearing perhaps a year or two ago. I did not follow the validation process outlined in your linked Troubleshooting 101 article, but I suspect that it is too late at this point. I have a very large database because I have been using Quicken forever. At one point I peeled off several years of data into an archival data file, and I may need to do that again. I don't know of any database program that likes to lug around a gazillion pieces of data from many years.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest you run this special validate procedure ... one never knows what it'll dig up.

Please provide more details about your Quicken data file.

I'd like to know if you have account registers where a single account is approaching or exceeding 16,000 transactions.

And I'd also like to see the "File Information" window  (See below)

Is any cloud backup software actively accessing your Quicken data file while Quicken is running?
    What is the complete file name of your Quicken data file  (e.g. C:\Users\username\Documents\Quicken\QDATA.QDF)?

How much total RAM do you have installed?

What version of Windows are you running?

About file size and number of transactions:

You can find out how many transactions you have in your data file by doing this:
    - Click Tools / Account List. This should tell you how many transactions you have in each of your accounts in an optional column, "# of Transactions".
    If this column is not shown in the Account List, click the Options button at the bottom of the Account List window, then click "Number of Transactions" to add the column.

- Click Help in the Menu Bar. CTRL+click About Quicken and it'll give you a File Information box. Please capture an image snapshot of this File Information box and attach it here.
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and newer) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF.

To attach the image here, start composing your response. At the top of the text entry window you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the landscape "Attach image" icon. It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file from your computer. The captured image will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

This discussion has been closed.