Cannot install R 4.10 for Quicken Windows 2018 H&B Says Patch must run as Administrator.

JamesJames Member
Quicken says there is an update waiting in OSU.  When I try to download and update says Error and to resolve by right clicking on QuickenPatch.exe and run as administrator.  I have searched computer and cannot find a current file with that name.  The last file is dated in October of 2017.
This issue has been going on for days

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

You may not be able to install patches from within Quicken if the Windows User Account that you are using does not have Admin privileges.

Either logon to a  Windows Admin User Account and run Quicken using that account to install the patches
    or
    go to
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
    Locate
    the Mondo Patch file (US) or
    Canada Mondo Patch file applicable to your version of Quicken.

Download it and save it to disk.

Temporarily disable your Antivirus software for the entire duration of the next
    step:

- Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click
    "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.

• JamesJames Member
    edited January 2018
    UKR said:

You may not be able to install patches from within Quicken if the Windows User Account that you are using does not have Admin privileges.

Either logon to a  Windows Admin User Account and run Quicken using that account to install the patches
    or
    go to
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
    Locate
    the Mondo Patch file (US) or
    Canada Mondo Patch file applicable to your version of Quicken.

Download it and save it to disk.

Temporarily disable your Antivirus software for the entire duration of the next
    step:

- Open the Downloads folder. Right-click the downloaded patch file. Click
    "Run as Administrator" to execute the installation program.

Thank you.  Mondo-patch worked fine and am now updated.  Interesting this occurred.  I am the administrator on this machine and quicken couldn't see it.  Just installed Creator Fall update to Windows 10 wonder it that had anything to do with this issue.  Your guidance solved this one for me.  Thanks again