Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken for How does Quicken for MAC 2018 get along with Interactive brokers

Concordman
Concordman Mac Beta Beta
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I am looking into opening an account with Interactive Brokers to trade some stocks & options; I note that QM18 is set up to support Web Connect only, has anyone had experience working with QM & Interactive Brokers?

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018
    I had my account with IB and it was a nightmare keeping things up to date -  have switched to TAmeritrade and much smoother, other than some issues with puts and calls.  If you do not trade options you should be fine with TAmeritrade
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

I had my account with IB and it was a nightmare keeping things up to date -  have switched to TAmeritrade and much smoother, other than some issues with puts and calls.  If you do not trade options you should be fine with TAmeritrade

have been trading more options in the past yr but  looking for a more sophisticated options platform than what I presently deal in with WFA, did you have any issues interacting QM with IB?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

QM does not automatically interact with IB, or at least it was not,  IB has a very secure sign in system which is not conducive to using Quicken.  So you have to periodically download  a quicken file from IB and upload it to Quicken.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

I see that it is set up for web connect only, so no direct connect features, how was it downloading the quicken file from Ib into QM, did it work ok, any issues?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited January 2018

Worked okay, other than it was a pain -  if you do not trade that often probably is not a problem,  but I can be in and out of a position quickly sometimes - so it got aggravating
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Good inputs, much appreciated. I may take the IB for a free spin to to see what it looks like. They offer a free trail which I may avail myself with.