Problems changing bank password and bigger issues deactivating account!

I changed my Schwab password on their site.  I didn't see any way to change a password in  Quicken (no vault passwords like in Quicken for Windows), so I deactivated my accounts and tried to reactivate.  When I log back in with Quicken, it correctly identifies five Schwab accounts; however, it will only allow me to link the accounts to my existing Quicken first three accounts in alphabetical order!  I can't scroll down, I can't do anything except choose an irrelevant account that starts with the letter a or b. . .  

I am extremely frustrated, and at a loss.  I am a regular Quicken user since 1995, and I can't remember feeling so helpless.  

Comments

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    In the future, you would change your password for Direct Connect account (which your Schwab investment accounts are) in your MacOS System Keychain. That is basically the "vault" for your Mac's passwords (including Quicken.)

Assuming all the accounts have been deactivated, can you correctly link the first three account and repeat the process to link the remaining two? (I don't know because I can't see what is going on.

If you can't, you may have to revert to a backup before you deactivated, and go ahead and change your password in the keychain. Then, that file will be utilizing the updated one.
  • bethwrbethwr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

In the future, you would change your password for Direct Connect account (which your Schwab investment accounts are) in your MacOS System Keychain. That is basically the "vault" for your Mac's passwords (including Quicken.)

Assuming all the accounts have been deactivated, can you correctly link the first three account and repeat the process to link the remaining two? (I don't know because I can't see what is going on.

If you can't, you may have to revert to a backup before you deactivated, and go ahead and change your password in the keychain. Then, that file will be utilizing the updated one.

Exactly what I needed to do.  Thanks for the help - it fixed it right away!
This discussion has been closed.