Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QM18 V5.4.4 using WEB Connect for Updates

Concordman
Concordman Mac Beta Beta
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
I am contemplating using WEB Connect Services with a Lincoln Financial Group Annuity  (Cause that is all Lincoln offers ); Is WEB Connect considered an online connection in the same sense that it would delete all manual entries  in a similar fashion as direct connect or Quicken Connect ?

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hi Concordman, appreciate your question.

Web Connect is just downloading transactions from your bank.. It would be considered an online connection but it's one that you manually complete, unlike the Direct Connect and Quicken Connect that talks to the bank all the time.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Web Connect is just downloading transactions from your bank.. It would be considered an online connection but it's one that you manually complete, unlike the Direct Connect and Quicken Connect that talks to the bank all the time.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

So Harold I can be confident that using web connect will not delete manual entries?
  • Quicken Harold
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Hi Concordman, 

Yes, Web Connect will not remove manual entries..

Thanks for your question.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Thanks for your prompt reply !
  • Quicken Harold
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

You're welcome Concordman..

Take care,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Concordman... you're an experiences Quicken user. Where did you get the idea that any transaction download (be it Quicken Connect, Direct Connect or Web Connect) would ever delete previously entered manual entries? That should never happen with any connection method.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Concordman, how does using any Connection delete any manual entries? This is the first time I have ever heard of this. I utilized Direct and Web 
    Connect; None of my manual entries have ever been deleted. They have been matched, however.
    Now running the 2019 Windows Subscription Plan
    Retired - former Computer System Analyst
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

WOW!! Look at all the responses. (LOL)
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I did not think it would delete manual entries until I saw this:image
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

@ jerry, looks like I'm popular today
  • Jerry_
    Jerry_ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Ah, Bill Pay vs. Download. I have not utilized Bill Pay as of yet; so I cannot comment about it.
  • RickO
    edited January 2018
    Interesting. I had not seen that warning dialog before.

As a quick test, I just created a test file created an empty account, entered a manual transaction then linked it to Fidelity via Direct Connect. I did not get the warning dialog and the transaction import did not delete the manually entered holding. 

Then I did the same thing but using Web Connect and TIAA. Again, no warning and manual holding not deleted.

So, I'm not sure what triggers that warning. 

But obviously, make a backup or copy of your file before importing the QFX to be safe.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    RickO said:

As a quick test, I just created a test file created an empty account, entered a manual transaction then linked it to Fidelity via Direct Connect. I did not get the warning dialog and the transaction import did not delete the manually entered holding. 

Then I did the same thing but using Web Connect and TIAA. Again, no warning and manual holding not deleted.

But obviously, make a backup or copy of your file before importing the QFX to be safe.

Rick, I am forever making backups, it is good solid & logical practice in general.
  • RickO
    edited January 2018
    RickO said:

I figured that. Let us know if it does in fact delete the manually entered holdings.
  • John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited January 2018
    RickO said:

I get that warning anytime I take an investment account online (such as deactivate & reactivate when I get a new account number, etc.). I have never had it delete anything, and I have manually entered a lot of things.

I have yet to figure out the particular context of when this would happen.