Bills Paid Recent Activity Postings Incorrect

With the latest update (2018 R5.15 27.1.5.15) the Recent Activities window posts the original Upcoming amount instead of the actual amount that you enter. For example, I paid $41.64 to my Frys Visa account and the Recent Activities window showed the original $300 that I had forecast.  The amount is posted correctly in the actual account register.

Comments

• NordinKaNordinKa Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, I experienced this 2 times recently in Bill Pay (using already setup Bill Reminder stack). I paid all my bills manually. 
    This morning, I paid 41 for 1 of my bill, but in Recent Activities sub window, it showed 47. But it was correct in the register.
    I also paid 30 for my mobile, but it showed 90 in Recent Activities.
    Clearly, this was a bug.
  • Chick JordanChick Jordan Member
    edited May 2018
    Sounds like the same problem. I agree that it's a bug.  Not sure if the Quicken developers actually read these comments.
  • NordinKaNordinKa Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    This is the place where we can put together our issue, so that it's not an isolated case. I noticed that Quicken Employees are here and believe they are monitoring the issue. Just that nobody interested in this issue since no other users posted the problem.
    edited May 2018
    You are correct. The developers seem to have no interest in customer complaints. This problem would be very easy to correct.
  • edited May 2018
    I too have this Recent Activity posting issue when entering transactions.  Any forecast transaction maintains it's pre-posting date and amount after it's been entered.  THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING.
    edited May 2018
    It seems that the people who are supposed to fix this are not interested in the problem.
  • Dan DanielsDan Daniels Member
    edited May 2018
    I concur. The fact that the recent activity postings are not reflecting the final amount actually paid to each vendor makes this table somewhat useless. The history tab does reflect this. For what we are paying for Quicken on an annual basis, you would think that there would be some incentive to fix this error-or remove the feature since it is somewhat useless that way it is. Thanks 
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for all of your feedback.

I need to know what type of biller these issues are occurring with and screenshots of the issue.

To capture a screenshot you can use the snipping tool, for more on the snipping tool please see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited July 2018
    Sorry for the confusion,

Are the bills always associated with a credit card or does it seem to be random?

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited March 2018
    On the "Bills & Income" Window, if you check "Show Recent Activity", there is a popup that says "Recent Activity" on the right side of the screen.  When you enter a transaction from any of the Upcoming lines, if the amount that you enter is different from the amount that was there, the old amount is posted in the "Recent Activity" window.  This occurs for all Upcoming entries and is not associated with a particular account.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @Quicken Tyka

I'm seeing this problem too. To be clear, its not an issue with "billing" or "billers". It's happening with all income and payment reminders set up with forecast numbers (including forecasts of $0.00) in them. In my case, I set up a recurring reminder for my mastercard for $2000/mo. When the account is closed for the month, I overwrite the $2000 "placeholder" with the actual, say $2500, into the reminder for that month using the "edit this instance only" feature. When that $2500 payment is downloaded into my check register (I'm not using quicken online bill pay - this info is being downloaded from my checking account), the Recent Activity entry shows that $2000, not $2500 was paid. Its pulling the original recurring "placeholder" number from the original reminder, rather than the updated actual payment number from the edited reminder for that month. This happens with any payment or income reminder, regardless of who or what the payee is.

Hope this helps.
    edited March 2018
    Thank you mrzookie.  That explanation is clear, correct and hits the problem on the head.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018

Thank you mrzookie.  That explanation is clear, correct and hits the problem on the head.

Thanks Chick Jordan. I like that view and its an annoying glitch. I hope they address it soon (I'm quite sure its one of the easier bugs to fix).
  • jim_g52jim_g52 Member
    edited March 2018
    My JC Penney bill keeps posting the original amount due (~$29) even though the account has been paid off for two months. I'll mark the bill as paid in the bills & income area, then a couple of days later it will be back as owing $29.  
    I'll post a screen shot the next time it shows up (I'd just cleared it before I read this)
  • denk47denk47 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The Header says this problem has been solved. Did I miss where the solution was posted?
    edited July 2018
    Hey All,

The status has been changed back to acknowledge, there currently is not a fix listed on this thread.

Sorry for any confusion that this has caused.

We are currently investigating this issue, thank you for your patience and taking the time to come and report what you are seeing on the community.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018
    Today I found a new aspect of this problem.

1. I made a $100 payment to an account for April 8th. The payment was the one that was projected, so it posted $100 for April 8th to the "Recent Activity" window.

2. I changed the next projected payment for April 15th to $25 using "Edit this Instance". This caused the "Recent Activity" for the April 8th payment to change to $25.
  • edited April 2018

Sounds like the same problem. I agree that it's a bug.  Not sure if the Quicken developers actually read these comments.

I'm having the same problem also in my "Recent Activity" column. Several of the amounts paid do not match what I actually paid.
    edited April 2018

Hey All,

The status has been changed back to acknowledge, there currently is not a fix listed on this thread.

We are currently investigating this issue, thank you for your patience and taking the time to come and report what you are seeing on the community.

-Quicken Tyka

Thank you for looking into this problem. If you need additional information to help identify and solve the problem, please let us know.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Chick,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    I got the note from Quicken Harold. It was addressed to me. You are correct. It's very clear that the issue still exists. I will reply to his note to let him know. He appears not to have taken notice of this thread even though he threatens to close it.
    edited April 2018
    I tried to email "Quicken Harold" but failed. 

I was trying to find a way to get this next note to him. Went to his profile but didn't see a way to post directly to him. This problem has been active for over two months and no one seems to do anything about it.

Maybe "Quicken Tyka" can pass the word along that it's still a problem.

Yes, the problem still exists and many others are reporting the issue as well. Please read the thread for more information or have a technical person contact me at (personal info redacted) and I will try to explain the problem in detail.

Please help us if you can.
    Sincerely,
    Chick Jordan
    edited April 2018

Hey All,

-Quicken Tyka

Would you let "Quicken Harold" know that this is still a problem please?
This discussion has been closed.