Mac Request option to hide categories and tags (updated title) (32 Legacy Votes)

Please add the capability of hiding seldom used/old categories and tags in Q2018 Mac. No I can't delete them because they are tied to old transactions.
33 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• drbillk
    drbillk Member
    This would be so incredibly helpful. I've seen it possible in the Windows version.
  • lhossus
    lhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After more than 20 years using Quicken, I have accumulated a lot of Categories and Tags that are no longer applicable to my (retired) situation. Things like kids, old hobbies, work. It would improve the efficiency of my use of Quicken to not have to scroll past all these retired labels. Not to mention reducing errors by picking a wrong entry.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • JSmith
    JSmith Member
    Yes please add this feature. I am a software engineer and this seems like low hanging fruit and a very easy feature to add.
  • garry4
    garry4 Member ✭✭
    I've switched from Windows and this is another one of those paper cut differences that make me question my decision.
  • Mikey1108
    Mikey1108 Member ✭✭
    adding this feature for Quicken for Mac is long overdue.
  • Vincent Thacker
    Vincent Thacker Member ✭✭
    I would like this feature for Quicken Windows version as well :)
  • JT97
    JT97 Member
    PLEASE add this! I have used quicken since 1993 and I have a lot of categories that are not currently used. I don't need to delete them - just hide them so I do not have to sort through so many to find what I need. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.