Home Quicken for Mac Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac Manage Accounts and Transactions (Mac)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Mac Request option to hide categories and tags (updated title) (32 Legacy Votes)

Please add the capability of hiding seldom used/old categories and tags in Q2018 Mac. No I can't delete them because they are tied to old transactions.
25 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• drbillkdrbillk Member
    This would be so incredibly helpful. I've seen it possible in the Windows version.
  • lhossuslhossus SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    After more than 20 years using Quicken, I have accumulated a lot of Categories and Tags that are no longer applicable to my (retired) situation. Things like kids, old hobbies, work. It would improve the efficiency of my use of Quicken to not have to scroll past all these retired labels. Not to mention reducing errors by picking a wrong entry.
    Quicken Mac Subscription
    macOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • RickORickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    While we're waiting for this, I have edited my no longer used tags and categories and put a "z" at the front. Now they sort to the bottom of the list, out of the way.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • JSmithJSmith Member
    Yes please add this feature. I am a software engineer and this seems like low hanging fruit and a very easy feature to add.
  • garry4garry4 Member ✭✭
    I've switched from Windows and this is another one of those paper cut differences that make me question my decision.