Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Q Mac 2017 5.5 Investment accounts update/display much slower than 5.4

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Since updating to Q Mac 2-17 5.5 my several investment accounts seem  to be much slower in every respect - displaying, reviewing, updating... Any ideas or solutions available?

Comments

• Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    So I will assume you are referring to QM18 v5.5. As it relates to slow do you mean in the Portfolio View? If that is indeed the issue you are concerned with the graph can be hidden to speed up going from on investment account to another. If this is not your concern please provide more info
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    It's not the portfolio view. I expect some delays associated with graphics and associated computations. In the transaction view, it now takes about 5 seconds to switch from viewing one account to another, and marking transactions reviewed has some delay that I can't measure right now because I don't have any that need reviewing. The fact that I have large numbers of transactions in these accounts, most from dividend or cap gains reinvestment that have to be retained for eventual tax valuation.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Oh, and you are correct. it is QM2018 v5.5. 
  • Margaret
    Margaret Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    So I'm not unique. Looked quickly through the update thread and didn't see this. I have the same problems, and it's easily 15-30 seconds just to switch between accounts. I know to hide the portfolio view, that's not the issue. I am also on QM18v5.5, with High Sierra.
  • Margaret
    Margaret Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    And embarassingly enough, I didn't try the simple things first. Ran Clean My Mac, and then restarted. No lag (except the usual portfolio opening lag).