Skip Bill icon (1 Legacy Vote)

John_M
John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Display/UI (Mac)
The Bill Reminders screen (I'm using QMac 2017) has icons at the bottom that look like this:

It sure would be handy if Quicken added an icon that said "Skip." It's a minor inconvenience to do a right-click to choose "Skip this Instance" from the menu, but it would be nicer just to click on an icon. I seem to remember that QWin had this capability.
2 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

This feature has been implemented as of Version 5.12: Use the new convenient scheduled transaction toolbar to mark as paid, skip, or edit.

Comments

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Good idea, thanks for posting!
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice to have.
    Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken Mac Quicken Windows Quicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Canadian
    user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    Actually, with the new Bills & Income layout, I'm not sure that this idea even applies anymore. Unless I'm completely missing something, these icons are no longer at the bottom of the screen. Everything is now controlled by the Actions button.

The three dots bring up this menu:

So given the number of times I skip an instance (not many), it would make the screen too crowded to have more options added to the button. Therefore, I'm happy with letting this idea die.
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Since this idea was about being able to skip an instance from a transaction register (rather than the Bills & Income screen), with the current interface you simply double click the scheduled transaction and it brings up a small menu underneath ... and that menu has a Skip this Instance button:

So I think this idea could be marked as "Implemented" and closed, right?
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • John_M
    John_M Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Sounds fine to me. I never even noticed it on the register, since I hide all future occurences of bills. I just add them from the Bills & Income tab, which is where my original idea was referring to. The screen layout has changed since then.
This discussion has been closed.