PayPal Error CC-501/Error 101 not fixed for me

Started about 4 days ago, still no connection in spite of Quicken Tamara closing the previous post 2 days ago.

Comments

• ClaytonClayton Member
    edited November 2018
    My issue was different, but maybe some of this will help you:

https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-cc-501 

Then there's Refresh Branding and Profile Settings:

If your financial institution had recent server changes, it might be necessary to update your Branding and Profile server settings in Quicken.

1. Select the Tools menu, then choose Online Center.
    2. Click the Financial Institution drop-down arrow and select the financial institution.
    3. Press CTRL+F3 while selecting Contact Info.
    4. Select the financial institution from the list and click Refresh.
    5. Click OK and go online by clicking the Update/Send button.
    6. Attempt your online session again.

If you've already been down this road, I apologize for offering the suggestions. If not, you have nothing to lose ...
  • Vincent MoyVincent Moy Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken for Mac 2017 not connecting to PayPal.

Since Feb 8th, 2018, my PayPal Credit account couldn't get any new transactions due to CP_SCRIPT_ERROR:ccscrape.101:General error. New Bypass MFA post Found. I am wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue.

Thanks
  • edited February 2018
    Same as you. Was not able to update PayPal pw, got error message. Sent error report today. They probably have not gotten resolution from problem earlier in the week.
  • Randy SimpsonRandy Simpson Member
    edited February 2018
    Same here. Just updated Quicken version hoping for better connectivity with online banking. Hopefully this will be resolved sometime soon.
  • toyotav8bttoyotav8bt Member
    edited November 2018
    This is an on going issue with quicken and paypal. Has happened before I cant even create a new account which resolved it. Quicken needs to get there programmers to look at issue I think it has to do with paypal want to advertise and requires you to proceed to account. 
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited February 2018

This is an on going issue with quicken and paypal. Has happened before I cant even create a new account which resolved it. Quicken needs to get there programmers to look at issue I think it has to do with paypal want to advertise and requires you to proceed to account. 

Just may be coincidence, but I belong to another Forum that uses PayPal for Membership & some benefits and PayPal's been down since the first of the year. So we're not the only ones with troubles. Not that this makes any of us feel any better about it.
  • Hank BatesHank Bates Member
    edited February 2018
    When I try to set up my PayPal account for download I'm still getting "Oops we're having a problem"  Error cc-501", followed by "PayPal cannot fix this problem, try again in a few hours".
  • Ken MacLeodKen MacLeod Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PayPal.

I just had the most horrific experience with a Quicken Support Assistant.  I called regarding PayPal no longer downloading transactions into Quicken Premier 2018.  I keep getting error code CC-501.  He told me that I have to contact PayPal myself to resolve the issue.  I never heard of such a thing.  Can someone from Quicken please tell me when this issue will be resolved.  It was supposed to have been resolved no later than 2/8/2018 according to a Quicken Community post.
  • mail4dcmmail4dcm Member
    edited February 2018
    The fact that the "official" announcement of this problem said that they would have it fixed "sometime after 5pm Pacific Thursday Feb 8th", guess that did not work out since today is the 11th but they DO know about it and so nothing to do but wait and complain it seems :(

"PayPal accounts are returning an error during Add/Activate or Update.
    This error is due to a problem with the connection between Quicken and PayPal and is currently being worked to resolve.

Current ETA for this resolution is sometime after 5pm Pacific Thursday 2/8/18.

Photo of Quicken Tamara

Quicken Tamara, Employee

• 196,604 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 days ago"

edited November 2018

I reckon so!  Hopefully they'll have it resolved soon.  I know one thing, I will never call Quicken Support again after my experience with the moron that told me I'd have to fix the problem with PayPal.  From now on I'll rely on the Quicken Community!

edited February 2018
    Maybe Tamara meant 2/18/2018.
  • ClaytonClayton Member
    edited February 2018

I reckon so!  Hopefully they'll have it resolved soon.  I know one thing, I will never call Quicken Support again after my experience with the moron that told me I'd have to fix the problem with PayPal.  From now on I'll rely on the Quicken Community!

In a different thread I referred to this place as QUICKEN UNIVERSITY.
    edited February 2018

Maybe Tamara meant 2/18/2018.

You are being rather kind LOL
  • Michael JonesMichael Jones Member
    edited February 2018
    To be fair, I'm not 100% sure it's Quicken's fault.  I'm not trying to let them off the hook here, there are many, many things that are broken in Quicken.  That said, for download to work it takes 2 to tango, Quicken AND the FI on the other end.  Maybe FIs now are openly hostile to 3rd party application integrations and Quicken is just one of many I'm sorry to say.  

Even when Paypal was working, because of the wonky way Paypal does accounting, I constantly had to fix every transaction because of transfer rules, temporary credits, delayed payments, instant transfers from credit card that aren't shown as transfers, etc.  I could regale you for hours after (*&#(& around with it for a decade.  But nobody at PayPal seems to care.  I hope EBAY does a better job with their new payment processing.  It HAS to be better.  

Regardless, if you really need to download PayPal you CAN go to the PayPal website and download QIF files from their Reporting area.  I just did it yesterday to finish my wife's business stuff for 2017 taxes.  Still a pain, but at least that one got all the parts (paypal fees, etc.) though I had to correct all the catagories.
  • Reed WelchReed Welch Member
    edited February 2018
    mail4dcm said:

The fact that the "official" announcement of this problem said that they would have it fixed "sometime after 5pm Pacific Thursday Feb 8th", guess that did not work out since today is the 11th but they DO know about it and so nothing to do but wait and complain it seems :(

"PayPal accounts are returning an error during Add/Activate or Update.
    This error is due to a problem with the connection between Quicken and PayPal and is currently being worked to resolve.

Current ETA for this resolution is sometime after 5pm Pacific Thursday 2/8/18.

Photo of Quicken Tamara

Quicken Tamara, Employee

• 196,604 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 days ago"

Using Quicken reminds me of the days of;
    Do I use/install MS Win 95, or XP, or Vista. One does not know what to expect. Then after selecting, what the recovery time is to get everything back into working order, or try something else. Those were the times that it took many upwards of a week to migrate to a new computer with a new OS.
    The folks at Quicken need to move past that, quickly.......
  • TertiusTertius Member
    edited February 2018

To be fair, I'm not 100% sure it's Quicken's fault.  I'm not trying to let them off the hook here, there are many, many things that are broken in Quicken.  That said, for download to work it takes 2 to tango, Quicken AND the FI on the other end.  Maybe FIs now are openly hostile to 3rd party application integrations and Quicken is just one of many I'm sorry to say.  

Even when Paypal was working, because of the wonky way Paypal does accounting, I constantly had to fix every transaction because of transfer rules, temporary credits, delayed payments, instant transfers from credit card that aren't shown as transfers, etc.  I could regale you for hours after (*&#(& around with it for a decade.  But nobody at PayPal seems to care.  I hope EBAY does a better job with their new payment processing.  It HAS to be better.  

Regardless, if you really need to download PayPal you CAN go to the PayPal website and download QIF files from their Reporting area.  I just did it yesterday to finish my wife's business stuff for 2017 taxes.  Still a pain, but at least that one got all the parts (paypal fees, etc.) though I had to correct all the catagories.

You make a good point. However, the error plainly states the error is on Quicken's end "Do not contact PayPal for assistance They cannot fix this problem." One cannot "own" an issue, say it is being worked on, then go silent about it even when it suddenly starts working again.

If there is an issue with PayPal being "hostile" Quicken could simply remove them from the list of financial institutions supported by Express Web Connect. They have not. I never had this issue with MS Money, and I've never had this issue with any other FI. I didn't add my PayPal account to Quicken for the last 2 years because it stopped working for 6 months at one point. Ironic that 2 weeks after adding PayPal again, and being shocked that it was working, the same thing happens again.

• Thomas MThomas M Member
    edited February 2018
    2/12/18...still getting the error
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Hello all,

We are aware of issues with PayPal. We are expecting resolution within the next couple of days.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • John AdamsJohn Adams Member
    edited February 2018

Makes it awfully difficult to move forward with Quicken 2018.  I was about to pull the trigger on the 40 percent discount that expires tomorrow (Feb. 13) but when repeatedly it takes Quicken an inordinate amount of time to fix problems I think I'll wait. This is not the first time Quicken has had difficulty with PayPal. 
    edited February 2018

To be honest almost everything seems to take longer and add the PayPal issues and it gets very frustrating.
    edited February 2018
    There's only one solution to this problem and it isn't with Quicken!  This whole issue can be laid directly at the doorstep of PayPal.  I've never seen a website like PayPal's that is so totally worthless and so difficult to maneuver.  Like I said previously you can download .qif files from their website but the only thing you can download is payments that have been made for items you've purchased.  You can't download payments you've made to your PayPal account or interest that's been charged to your account.  PayPal is nothing like any credit card.  As a matter of fact it's more like a checking account!  My solution to this is to get rid of my PayPal account!  Problem solved!!!
  • Jessie RayotJessie Rayot Member
    edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PayPal account not updating - Quicken 2018.

I have Quicken windows 2018 - it is not downloading PayPal updates. It does not give me any errors. When I click update, it acts as though it is updating, but nothing happens.
  • Linda MoranLinda Moran Member
    edited February 2018

Hello all,

We are aware of issues with PayPal. We are expecting resolution within the next couple of days.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Thank you, Quicken Harold. But I must say, it's about time. May I suggest that customers appreciate early notices that your company is working on a problem? I wonder how many hours have been spent by customers tearing their hair out, resetting their account, changing their Paypal account information, and googling, when instead, they could have read this message four days ago. And why did Quicken Tamara close it? Customers can be pretty understanding, if given good information.
    edited February 2018

There's only one solution to this problem and it isn't with Quicken!  This whole issue can be laid directly at the doorstep of PayPal.  I've never seen a website like PayPal's that is so totally worthless and so difficult to maneuver.  Like I said previously you can download .qif files from their website but the only thing you can download is payments that have been made for items you've purchased.  You can't download payments you've made to your PayPal account or interest that's been charged to your account.  PayPal is nothing like any credit card.  As a matter of fact it's more like a checking account!  My solution to this is to get rid of my PayPal account!  Problem solved!!!

Unfortunately PayPal has known they are the only game in town.  I can't wait for eBay to replace them.
    edited February 2018

It appears that the problem has been reconciled.  I just added or re-added my PayPal account in Quicken and then did an Update to the account and it worked fine.  Of course it downloaded transaction that had already been reconciled and I had to delete them but the good news is that PayPal is working again.  For now!!! 

edited February 2018
    Thanks, Ken. It now works for me, too. It was slow in connecting, but probably a lot of people were trying to connect at the same time. It added duplicate transactions back to November.
    edited February 2018
    I just did a update of PayPal only and it worked and downloaded the last weeks worth of transactions.  The problem is that over a year PayPal has more problems than all other cards/loans/etc put together which leads me to believe that the problem may lay more healthily on the PayPal side.
    edited February 2018
    mail4dcm said:

I just did a update of PayPal only and it worked and downloaded the last weeks worth of transactions.  The problem is that over a year PayPal has more problems than all other cards/loans/etc put together which leads me to believe that the problem may lay more healthily on the PayPal side.

I think you have a good point, mail4dcm. Unless I'm imagining things, I've found that in the past year, Quicken has become more stable (not perfect but better) except for Paypal. I use many accounts of all types in Quicken. So I've actually been under-utilizing Paypal because it's such a headache in Quicken. Paypal just doesn't play nicely with Quicken.
    edited February 2018
    Paypal is also back for me.  I was able to reconnect, and that is good.  However, three months of duplicate transactions then downloaded, and it took about a half hour to manually delete all of them.  Why is there no provision to manually delete multiple transactions from the downloaded transaction register?
    I too agree that Paypal at least shares in this fiasco.  Over the years I have had many times more issues between Quicken and Paypal than with all other financial institutions combined.
  • Tom HolzTom Holz Member
    edited January 11
    Yes, PayPal is working for me too.  It just downloaded transactions for the last 4653 day, that is 953 transactions I need to delete.... Glad I had no other plans for the next day or two.
This discussion has been closed.