Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

downloaded check numbers now have leading zeroes

Betty Knutson
Betty Knutson Mac Beta Beta
QMAC 2018 - Is there any way to supress leading zeroes on downloaded check numbers? I do not need to see eight (8) zeroes before my check number. Minor issue, but would ease readability.

Comments

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited July 2018
    Hey Betty,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

What is the name of the bank that this is happening with?

If you go into 'Settings' in the bottom right what is the connection type listed?

Let me know!
    ~~~***~~~
  • Betty Knutson
    Betty Knutson Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018

Hey Betty,

Sorry you're experiencing this difficulty.

What is the name of the bank that this is happening with?

If you go into 'Settings' in the bottom right what is the connection type listed?

Let me know!

SunTrust Bank, Connection type = Quicken Connect. It is my basic checking account, and my check numbers are only 3 digits, the bank's bill lpay check numbers are 4 digits.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Was there a resolution established for this? I'm experiencing this too.... 6 leading zeroes being added (check number 1102 becomes 0000001102)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm having the same irritating problem anyone find a solution
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited August 2018
    same problem and the checks won't match now a lot of times, assuming it is because of this.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

same problem and the checks won't match now a lot of times, assuming it is because of this.

FYI, check # has never been part of the transaction matching criteria of downloaded transactions...
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• GreyCrown
    GreyCrown Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I just started experiencing the issue with the leading zeros in the check number column. Financial Institution is MB Financial
    Version 5.5.6 (Build 55.21629.100)
    macOS 10.13.4
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited April 2018
    GreyCrown said:

I just started experiencing the issue with the leading zeros in the check number column. Financial Institution is MB Financial
    macOS 10.13.4

Hey there,

Can you go into settings on the bottom right and tell me if the connection type is Quicken connect or Direct connect?

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • GreyCrown
    GreyCrown Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    GreyCrown said:

macOS 10.13.4

Tyka, The connection to MB Financial is Quicken Connect
  • Quicken_Tyka
    edited July 2018
    Hey everyone!

The only way to change how the check numbers are downloading is to try to change the connection type and see if that gives a different result.

In the settings menu, there is an option to change connection types.

I would try for Web connect, you can also try direct connect but this can involve a fee and an enrollment process depending on the bank.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited April 2018
    GreyCrown said:

macOS 10.13.4

mines quicken connect also
  • GreyCrown
    GreyCrown Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Tyka, you are most likely correct since my financial institution was only web connect up until a week or so ago. I can live with the zeros as I prefer Quicken Connect over Web Connect hands down.
    Thank You
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018

Hey everyone!

The only way to change how the check numbers are downloading is to try to change the connection type and see if that gives a different result.

I would try for Web connect, you can also try direct connect but this can involve a fee and an enrollment process depending on the bank.

-Quicken Tyka

I have been unable to resolve this issue.  I am also unable to change the connection type.  When I click "Change Connection" it walks me through the setup but am unable to pick a different connection.  (currently set as Quicken Connect). Please HELP!
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited May 2018

Hey everyone!

-Quicken Tyka

Did you click the OPTIONS button in the connection setup dialog?
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018

Hey everyone!

-Quicken Tyka

Previously I had not but now I have.  Unfortunately after clicking OPTIONS my bank only supports Quicken Connect.  With Web Connect not being an option I'm back to square one.  This only became a problem within the last month.  
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited May 2018

I am having the same problem. Just started a few weeks ago after using Quicken for at least a decade. Suntrust. Quicken Connect. Annoying and requires extra, unnecessary work to fix check by check
  • jnjpanek
    jnjpanek Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Same problem as Tami Roche and Jim Robinson.  SunTrust.  Mac.  Quicken Connect.  Leading zeros are a PIA.  Have used Quicken for decades w/o this problem!  FWIW I also have accounts at Bank of America, with same settings.  No problem.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    jnjpanek said:
    Same problem as Tami Roche and Jim Robinson.  SunTrust.  Mac.  Quicken Connect.  Leading zeros are a PIA.  Have used Quicken for decades w/o this problem!  FWIW I also have accounts at Bank of America, with same settings.  No problem.
    Hello jnjpanek,

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing this behavior.  Check numbers all of a sudden downloading with extra zero's at the front could indicate a change in how the check numbers are being listed on the Financial Institution website and may require an escalation to our internal teams to resolve.

Please contact Quicken Support at https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support so they can look further into this behavior and troubleshoot/escalate the matter as necessary.

Thank you,

Sarah
This discussion has been closed.