Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

When adding shares, total cost required (3 Legacy Votes)

Quicken Community
Quicken Community Employee mod
edited February 2020 in Investments (Mac)
I enter my transactions manually form a monthly statement. My statement shows added shares and their cost price, not the total transaction, so I have to multiply manually every time. Quicken 2016 used to give us a choice to enter shares number and price with total automatically calculated.
1 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• John Burgess
    John Burgess Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I agree. You should be able to enter any two values in this equation: numShares * costPerShare = totalCost, like you used to be able to do. But stop recalculating the third item and messing up the calculation part way through the data entry.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    Do you mean QM16 allowed that?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes, Quicken Home & Business for Windows (Canadian version) there was no Mac version for Camada back then
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018

Yes, Quicken Home & Business for Windows (Canadian version) there was no Mac version for Camada back then

Ok glad you clarified this as a Windows product. I assume you are presently using QM18.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes I am.
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018

Yes I am.

well we are in the same boat .The way QM18 works , the total cost & share qty is required, QM fills in share price. I agree would be easier if you are doing manual entry
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018

Yes I am.

it cannot that difficult toggle us the option to enter number of shares and cost per share and have Quicken calculate the total cost
  • Concordman
    Concordman Mac Beta Beta
    edited February 2018

Yes I am.

Agree should not be difficult, perhaps one fo the Quicken folks can respond here on this issue
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018

Yes I am.

sorry, autocorrect messed this up:
    it cannot be that difficult to give us the option to enter number of shares and cost per share and have Quicken calculate the total cost
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

I agree. You should be able to enter any two values in this equation: numShares * costPerShare = totalCost, like you used to be able to do. But stop recalculating the third item and messing up the calculation part way through the data entry.

The best set-up is to be able to enter any 2 and the 3rd one is only calculated when you tab/click out of the second field...that's how it works in QM2007 and I think QWin too.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs:
    COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)
  • Hello All,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, it will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to add your vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you.

More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    This request should not be archived. This would be a welcome change if the developers would implement it.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993