Home Quicken for Windows Product Ideas - Quicken for Windows Manage Accounts and Transactions (Windows)

Idea: Indicator in Account Bar of Download Type and Status

As a regular user of the One Step Update --> All Accounts feature, and someone who has accounts with varying degrees of Transaction Download abilities, I'd like to have an indication in the Account Bar of which accounts have been automatically updated and which ones I still need to update manually (e.g. through the Institution's website).  I've had cases where I forgot to pay a credit card account because I thought there was a zero balance, but later realized that the account just wasn't being automatically updated (e.g. via Direct Connect).

If there were the option for some sort of indicator in the Account Bar (even just differently colored text for accounts that require manual updates or that haven't been downloaded / reconciled recently), that would help to notice these things more easily.
2 votes

Implemented · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Until something like you suggested is implemented, may I recommend that you set up and use a Scheduled Reminder for all of your monthly credit card payments. That way you won't forget to pay your credit card again.
  • aaronjschmidtaaronjschmidt Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019

Until something like you suggested is implemented, may I recommend that you set up and use a Scheduled Reminder for all of your monthly credit card payments. That way you won't forget to pay your credit card again.

Thanks UKR. It wasn't that I forgot to pay it, it's that I thought there was a zero balance because that's what Quicken said (because it's one of my few accounts that doesn't automatically download, and I'd forgotten that). I'm just looking for a way to remind me which accounts I have to go download manually.
  • Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    I agree. An indicator of which acts will automatically update and which will not would be very helpful.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2019

There is an alert to remind you to download transactions for an account. Have you looked at the Alerts feature (Tools | Alerts)?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the top of each account register there's a line of text indicating download status.
    It's not in the Account Bar, as requested by the OP, but the requested information is available.
    I would consider this idea to be marked as "Implemented".
This discussion has been closed.