Accounts not updating

Suddenly Quicken is unable to update any of my bank accounts.  It just sits there saying receiving and does nothing.

Comments

• Kurt EshelmanKurt Eshelman Member
    edited February 2018
    Me also. Missing most accounts in one step update also.
  • Shanna MadsonShanna Madson Member
    edited February 2018
    I've been having issues for over a week.  Keep getting message its a known Quicken Server Error and do not contact my financial institutions.  It's getting old.
  • feobrienfeobrien Member
    edited February 2018

Just my bank accounts are having a problem (two different banks). My 401K investment account is updating fine.
    edited February 2018

I've been having issues for over a week.  Keep getting message its a known Quicken Server Error and do not contact my financial institutions.  It's getting old.

I get no message, just sits there indicating it is receiving. I agree however, these constant problems are getting old.
  • John SJohn S Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm having the issue this morning as well.  Quicken corrupt one of my files and I had to restore from  backup.  The file size doubled in size and I was unable to connect or validate.  It kept telling me the file was open elsewhere even after a reboot.  After restoring I was able to connect once but now it is hung again.  Its been unable to connect most of this morning.  Quicken really needs additional resources put into this product.  It's the most buggy software I have owned in 20 years.  Quicken does not work properly even after they tell you to upgrade.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Hey Feobrien,

Has this returned an error at all?  If you do see an error please upload an image of it here.

You can use the snipping tool to capture an images. Please review https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots for help with the snipping tool.

-Quicken Tyka
  • edited February 2018
    I'm having problems too.  I have deactivated the accounts and reactivated and it works once and then quit working the next time I try.  Has anyone come up with a solution?
  • John SJohn S Member
    edited February 2018
    This is what I get now.  Yes I have tried recovering once already and rebooted numerous times but I am back to these errors:imageimage
  • Jim GetchellJim Getchell Member
    edited February 2018

Ditto
    edited April 2018

Hey Feobrien,

Has this returned an error at all?  If you do see an error please upload an image of it here.

You can use the snipping tool to capture an images. Please review https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots for help with the snipping tool.

-Quicken Tyka

Tyka,
    No error code whatsoever. It just sits there. I have to go to Task Manager and stop Quicken.  If I update my accounts one at a time, the two bank accounts hang, but my 401K investment (through a different place) works fine.
  • n.fournier79n.fournier79 Member
    edited February 2018
    The previous update stopped one account from downloading transactions online.  I tried deactivating and resetting to no avail.  Supplying new login info, same error.  This latest update now broke online update for 8 accounts and three of which I cannot deactivate or even download a transactions file for.  I get "Error unrecognized account" even when selecting the account it's for.   I get an error stating that I should accept all transactions and there are no transactions to accept.  I click okay and nothing happens.  I've tried backup and repair, still nothing.  At this point I might as well delete all my accounts and start over but, I have lots of bills scheduled which are no longer updating either since I upgraded from 2017. 
  • Robert BerlinRobert Berlin Member
    edited February 2018

Yes.  Me too.  And when it does finally say it's updated successfully, I notice that this months transactions are missing.  I'm definitely regretting my Quicken purchase now.
  • Robert BerlinRobert Berlin Member
    edited April 2018

Hey Feobrien,

-Quicken Tyka

Spinning wheel.  Spinning wheel.  Spinning wheel.  After an hour, I ctrl alt delete to end task.  You guys are going to have to fix this or I've gotta go somewhere else.  This is pretty ridiculous.
  • edited February 2018

I'm having problems too.  I have deactivated the accounts and reactivated and it works once and then quit working the next time I try.  Has anyone come up with a solution?

Same problem here.  
    edited July 2018
    Thank you all for you feedback regarding this issue!

We are aware and currently working on the issue.

Please wait an hour before trying to update the accounts and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

-Quicken Tyka
  • lablover57lablover57 Member
    edited February 2018
    With all due respect,Tyka..we have been giving 'you' feedback for months now.  Please inform us (the paying customer) what is going on.
  • edited February 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Quicken is not downloading all transactions from my bank.

Quicken 2016 for Windows (V10)

Two issues:

Notice not all transactions are downloaded from my bank, Capitol One 360.  
    And various duplications of entries continue to occur.

Quite trying to get PayPal to update.

Have reset data, kept it updated, etc.

Any help?
    edited April 2018

Please wait an hour before trying to update the accounts and let me know if you are still experiencing the issue.

-Quicken Tyka

Tyka - Seems to be working for me now. Thanks.  Others sound like they may be experiencing a different issue.
  • edited July 2018
    I am still having the problem after waiting the hour.  My accounts stopped updating two weeks ago.  I am on Quicken 2018 Business Rental.  I disabled and tried to enable online services and keep getting this message "Unknown Type" when trying to reestablish my accounts online.  It's also assigning a bizarre routing number to Capital One bank.

I really need this fixed soon as I do hundreds of transactions per week.

Please advise.
    edited February 2018

I am still having the problem after waiting the hour.  My accounts stopped updating two weeks ago.  I am on Quicken 2018 Business Rental.  I disabled and tried to enable online services and keep getting this message "Unknown Type" when trying to reestablish my accounts online.  It's also assigning a bizarre routing number to Capital One bank.

I really need this fixed soon as I do hundreds of transactions per week.

Please advise.

Different issue creating a new thread to bring attention to issue

Please reference the new conversation here: Unknown account type
  • Jim DavisJim Davis Member
    edited April 2018

-Quicken Tyka

My problems have just stated after many years on Quicken,  I've been running 2017 Premier for a year with no problem, but suddenly several of my financial institutions are not being updated.  It comes back on one and says my login is not working.  If I login on the web, everything is fine. If I try the password line in the Quicken error box, it just sits and spins and I have to abort the program.   Any ideas?
    edited April 2018

-Quicken Tyka

I had a similar problem while back.  For some reason changing my bank account passwords (to something shorten than I had) solved the problem. I believe Quicken may have some limit on password length and would just truncate. Doesn't make sense but in the end that's what Quicken told me. So it is worth a try to change your bank passwords and limit them to 8 characters. You got nothing to lose :) Good luck