Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Tax Report CSV export. Top level gives ######### in Excel but not Numbers. QM2018 5.5.3

RCinNJ
RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
This is my first time exporting a QM report as a CSV file, so please let me know if I am missing something. 

On opening the CSV report in Excel I see that a number of 'top level' categories have lost their dollar amounts and been rendered as ########. I assume either I am doing something wrong or this is a bug. The weird part is that these numbers are preserved in Numbers. Perhaps it has to do with my version of Excel (Excel for Mac 2011). I normally use Numbers, but often convert files to Excel for sharing with Windows users. However, the translation from CSV to Numbers to Excel lead to formatting errors (although the numbers are all there). I guess I will save my Numbers file as a pdf for my accountant.

Below an example after opening the CSV file in Excel. (The correct dollar amount is shown in the QM report and when the same CSV file is opened in Numbers).

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    In the Excel sheet try widening the columns where the ###### appear. Regards
  • RCinNJ
    RCinNJ Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Herbert, thanks! That worked. Shows how little I know about Excel.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    Glad that worked. Excel is awesome:)
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    DId you try widening the column containing the number?  Usually ###### means the column isn't wide enough to display the involved value.  Worth a try at any rate.
This discussion has been closed.