Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Yes, I have the same issue. Not only that, my bills are automatically entered into my register without my saying so, even if it's not check-marked to enter into register. 
  • GLKNYGLKNY Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

FWIW,  and update to share... I had a very good, interactive session with a Quicken Quality Engineer and Developer the other day.  I believe it was very helpful for them to see, first hand and unvarnished, some of the issues at hand.  

So, Quicken is actively working on these issues. There are obviously "ghosts in the machine" to address.  No less frustrating, I know.

We walked through the payment process for 2 manual bills, both with R9.34 and R10.10. Here is what we all saw and took away:

• Demonstrated R10.10 continues to have issues with bills and income feature.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill disappears from the stack view, but does not reappear when the "include paid" checkbox is marked.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill does not disappear from the stack view, nor does it appear as "paid".  Again, the "include paid" checkbox does not function as expected.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid and a date set in the "enter expense transaction" dialog, the date set changes to a different date in both the register view and when doing an OSU. IMO, a high priority issue as this could cause overdrafts to the checking account, causing bank and vendor fees to the end user.
    • Demonstrated an issue in "bill history" table where the date and amount of a bill does NOT match what was entered and sent.  Unknown as to where "bill history" is picking up this data.  
    We will schedule a followup testing session in the next weeks when updates are made available.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    That sounds like a very productive encounter.... great job!
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

FWIW,  and update to share... I had a very good, interactive session with a Quicken Quality Engineer and Developer the other day.  I believe it was very helpful for them to see, first hand and unvarnished, some of the issues at hand.  

So, Quicken is actively working on these issues. There are obviously "ghosts in the machine" to address.  No less frustrating, I know.

We walked through the payment process for 2 manual bills, both with R9.34 and R10.10. Here is what we all saw and took away:

• Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill disappears from the stack view, but does not reappear when the "include paid" checkbox is marked.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill does not disappear from the stack view, nor does it appear as "paid".  Again, the "include paid" checkbox does not function as expected.
    • Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid and a date set in the "enter expense transaction" dialog, the date set changes to a different date in both the register view and when doing an OSU. IMO, a high priority issue as this could cause overdrafts to the checking account, causing bank and vendor fees to the end user.
    • Demonstrated an issue in "bill history" table where the date and amount of a bill does NOT match what was entered and sent.  Unknown as to where "bill history" is picking up this data.  
    We will schedule a followup testing session in the next weeks when updates are made available.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    ericweiner,  I didnt see the issue you describe re: next month's reminders.  Of the two cases we tested, I noted, in my setup,  that they were showing up in the next month, correctly.  Next session we have, I will keep an eye on this issue.
  • ericweinerericweiner Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    You have to check them again after OSU. Before that is run, they appear fine.
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    @Scott - Thanks for sharing.  Very glad to hear that at least someone from Quicken is actively working this issue.  Unfortunately, I too had an interactive session back in March (screen share, demo'd issues, shared my sanitized data file (as have others), etc.), was told the next build would fix the issues and yet they are still unresolved.  I'm hopeful this time what you've been told plays out to be true and accurate.

I haven't heard from my Quicken contact since June 8th despite multiple attempts requesting status.  As a community, Quicken has not posted to this issue since June 7th and has not made an official statement on this issue since May 30th.  The fact that these issues are unresolved are bad enough but the lack of communication from Quicken is completely unacceptable.  These bugs are over 4 months old and there are reliable repro's - there's no excuse for them to still exist and its unprofessional and disrespectful of Quicken to not be communicating with its user base on status.

Days Since Issue Posted: 130
    Days Quicken Rep Last Posted to this Issue: 29
    Days Since Last Official Post on this Issue:  37
    Quicken Releases Since Issue Posted: 5
    Number of Replies on this Issue: 117 (8th highest in community)
    Number of Me Toos: 56
    Number of frustrated Users: Unknown
  • RubenRuben Member
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    FWIW at the suggestion of the engineer I was working with I created a new data (painful to start over for sure) and so far my issues have been resolved. I've been through one month of bills/reminders (no linked billers though). The engineer thinks since I was a long time user and through all the upgrades my data file became corrupt beyond the ability of the file validate and repair to detect and repair. Keeping my fingers cross, my .02 cents.
  • Rick GumpertzRick Gumpertz Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Using QW 2016, I have noticed what I think to be the same thing for SOME billers.  I believe the problem is that OSU refetches the bill and doiesn't recognize that it is the same bill as the one already marked as PAID .  Instead, it just resets the bill from PAID to UNPAID.
  • Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Scott,

Thanks for the update. I was to also have an appointment with the engineering team. Unfortunately, we have not been able to connect. I provided them with my availability and they scheduled a call for a different time.

Question, did you review issue where, when performing one step update that the next bill due date does not increment one month OR where it skips a month?

These issues have also been going on for many months and a fix is desperately needed.
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Hi Leo,  

No, we did not specifically review that issue.   I happened to observe during our testing that that issue did not come for me.  But, if I am able to do a followup, I will put that on the list of things to check.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR r10.10
  • Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Thank you!
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Hi Leo, 

I would recommend for you to keep reaching out to the Quicken team if you can demonstrate the "skipping" issue you describe.    Helps avoid the lost in translation problems between end users and developers!
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Everyone should keep reporting problem if they can describe and demonstrate in file via Help/Report a Problem.

However, I think people need to be realistic in expectations; They have been actively working on this for months so I think it is safe to say they are struggling to fix this "feature".

In the mean time, unless you don't mind keeping track of the Bills with the problems, I suggest to Delete ALL online Billers, Delete and recreate and Reminders that were previously linked. It appears the program is almost where it needs to be if you AVOID online Billers "feature" at least until users say it is fixed. Manual reminders that have never been linked seems to work fine for most people.
  • Rob WilliamsRob Williams Member
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    What I don't understand is online billers worked in Q2017.  So what broke it and why can't they just revert back to a working version.  Then work to add whatever additional feature broke it.  As a software engineer that's what i'd do.
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Hi miklk,

In my case, the issues are related to manual bill reminders.  I avoid online bills feature and given my prior bad experiences with it, will likely never adopt it - no trust, no confidence, and strange design/implementation, IMHO.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
  • Don EmoryDon Emory Member
    edited July 2018
    All, my frustrating experience has been with manual reminders as well. I just completed a Quicken Manual bill reminder step by step. Here is what happened. Step 1 I initiated the reminder bill payment, step 2 I completed a session with my bank, step 3 I noted the bill reminder advanced to next payment date in bill reminder list but upcoming status (1st column) was grayed out vs blue color like rest of reminders, step 4 I clicked on status and open the bill reminder and it showed current due date and not next due date . So I cancelled edit and date reverted back to next month pay date but status continued to be grayed out. I initiated another reminder bill payment and above payment date grayed out reverted back to current due date in my reminder list like it even hadn’t been paid! Frustrating!
    edited July 2018
    Don Emory said:

All, my frustrating experience has been with manual reminders as well. I just completed a Quicken Manual bill reminder step by step. Here is what happened. Step 1 I initiated the reminder bill payment, step 2 I completed a session with my bank, step 3 I noted the bill reminder advanced to next payment date in bill reminder list but upcoming status (1st column) was grayed out vs blue color like rest of reminders, step 4 I clicked on status and open the bill reminder and it showed current due date and not next due date . So I cancelled edit and date reverted back to next month pay date but status continued to be grayed out. I initiated another reminder bill payment and above payment date grayed out reverted back to current due date in my reminder list like it even hadn’t been paid! Frustrating!

Unfortunately, if you are using only manual reminders as I am (meaning no reminders linked, any reminders that were linked have been deleted and re-created, and never use the Bills and Income Tab view (use only Manage Bills and Income Reminders instead (CTRL-J);

Then I really don't know. The few reports I have seen prior to this have used the Bills and Income Tab or didn't re-create prior linked reminders which still caused problems.

All I can do is suggest when you get a repeatable incident as described above, report it in detail etc.. (Help/Report a Problem)

I have not personally been able to repeat any problems with strictly manual Bills however there very well can be other settings (using Quicken Bill Pay, Having Update Bills selected in OSU, Having Auto-Enter Reminders On, or some other setting somewhere? Unfortunately, there are many variables as many users have different settings through the program.

PS: Just for Info, The grayed out Status should indicate that the reminder is NOT the FIRST instance of the reminder. If you need to work with the reminder, you should work with the 1st instance of the reminder.  The edit date you describe is normal IF you are editing the reminder via NOT the 1st upcoming reminder instance If this is not the case, I would delete the reminder completely and re-create it to be sure it is not damaged.
  • richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Hi Miklk,

I have to agree with Scott here.  Deleting everything and recreating reminders doesn't fix everything.  I've tried this a couple times now.

My guess is that the code has gone through so many revisions that they don't know how to fix existing long time customers who've gone through several versions of Quicken.

I recall someone posting earlier in this thread that if you start over with a new file everything works.  The problem with that is you need to go through the major hassle of recreating everything and you lose your reporting data for however many years.

Richard
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
    edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    Creating a new file may fix some other problems But not the Online billers and linked reminders related problems. Those can be easily recreated even in a new file.
  • ChrisChris Member
    edited July 2018
    So since the latest update, I am getting multiple bills from State Farm, one for each vehicle rather than the monthly bill that is sent out and I used to get in quicken.  I am no getting EVERY capital one bill, (personal and 2 business accounts with one sign in).  I used to only get my personal bill since it is the one I requested, well since the update, I now have 3 Capital One bills. The update seemed to create more issues than fix.  And those expecting a reply from Quicken, don't hold your breath.  Remember the big crash of 2018?  Has anyone gotten a credit to their bill or a letter saying we sorry?
  • edited July 2018
    Scott said:

Scott
    2018 QW HBR R10.10
    I started fresh a few months ago.  It did not fix the issues.  
  • Shawn AebyShawn Aeby Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Just now upgraded to 10.10...paid a linked bill from my list due July 16...still had to ignore it after printing the check to get it off the list.
  • Dennis NDennis N Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled calendar bill reminders don't clear after I pay a bill Quicken 2018.

after I pay a bill by clicking on the reminder in Calendar, hitting enter, the reminder then changes to a paid bill. However, soon thereafter, the reminder again appears on the same date due  even though I just paid it. Recently upgraded to Quicken Premier 2018 by download.  This didn't happen with Quicken Premier 2015

How do I solve this issue please?
  • Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    They have been aware of this problem for months. They have had several updates that says it fixes the problem but doesn’t. We are in the same situation. Frustrated.
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

They have been aware of this problem for months. They have had several updates that says it fixes the problem but doesn’t. We are in the same situation. Frustrated.

Agree -- VERY FRUSTRATING especially since there have been NO status updates of late from Quicken Team.  Again, once they have your money.....who cares????

Looking at options to Quicken.
  • Don EmoryDon Emory Member
    edited July 2018

Agree...I am another frustrated Quicken customer and looking for a replacement. Let us know if you find a good alternative. This should be a good opportunity for a competitor!
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited July 2018
    Running the latest and greatest version. Still having the same old issue.

Ran OSU to pay a bill through BoA and it reappeared in the list like it was never paid.

• tmonicotmonico Member
    edited August 2018

I am running version  9.34 and I am still seeing this issue. That is paying a reminder and it still shows up when I bring up the program later in the day or the next day.  This has also caused me to double pay a bill at least 3 times now.  It is very frustrating.

Has it really been fixed in 9.30?  and does 9.34 have the fix in it?

edited July 2018
    tmonico said:

I am running version  9.34 and I am still seeing this issue. That is paying a reminder and it still shows up when I bring up the program later in the day or the next day.  This has also caused me to double pay a bill at least 3 times now.  It is very frustrating.

It is NOT fixed as of yet.

Everyone is hoping it will be addressed in the next update (usually an update every month). 9.34 you have is the current version.

(There was a 10.10 version that had even more problems and was withdrawn for all except those that already had it and it did NOT fix these problems anyway)
  • tmonicotmonico Member
    edited July 2018
    tmonico said:

Thanks for the update.  This is not good news.  The problem is 4 months old and still not fixed.  Getting a little frustrated with these little nuisance bugs now.

• rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Brent said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bills & Income screen.

B&I screen is still a mess, months after other message threads have been closed off around it.

I'm on 2018 R7.5 (27.1.7.5). Have the following issues that keep recurring:
    > I pay a scheduled bill and it keeps showing as payable on the screen. Have to either delete the instance or edit it to set it out to the next time, which in some cases is a weird schedule. And the one still showing is live; I've wound up with the trx in twice when (early on) I thought I had not entered it so entered again.
    > Scheduled bills move themselves. As in, my property tax payment that was due earlier this month randomly decided to reschedule itself for 7 months from now. (I caught it in time.)
    > Scheduled bills just disappear. Sometimes I can find them if I go to the Manage Manual B&I screen. Sometimes I can't. But then they (occasionally) reappear later.
    > And why did the option to write a check disappear from this screen? Sometimes you only have to write one and it was much more convenient to do from here. (Actually most of the time, since I minimize physical check writing mostly I'm only writing one at a time.)

Brent

Per Quicken Tyka, it is OK for Quicken not to respond with an update on this issue, but NOT OK for paying customer to Rant about it........run under a DICTATORSHIP?????

OK Quicken Tyka -- do you have something to contribute, like an UPDATE????