Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• N11N11 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Could it be???
    I just got the "2018 Release of Quicken for Windows: R11.16 Staged Release" that is announced at this page:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/2018-release-of-quicken-for-windows-release-r11-16-staged-release-tomorrow

It lists many items that are fixed but the key item relative to this thread seems to be:
    ·Fixed: An issue where a previously entered Bill Reminder could reappear on the Bills dashboard after performing a One Step Update.

The update went smoothly but I haven't run any tests yet for bill reminders or linked billers. We shall see whether this is the fix we've been waiting for. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for the many folks who have contributed to this thread and especially from Barry Schnell who raised the issue 5  months ago.

• MykScotMykScot Member
    edited July 2018
    Release 11.16 HAS FIXED THE ISSUE (for me).  Thank you Quicken!  WOOT!
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Another 7 days have passed with no updates from Quicken on this issue. 

If in fact, R11.16 has resolved these issues (note that there are several related issues covered in this topic), would be the professional and respectful thing for Quicken to do to state that here especially given the long arduous road its users have traveled for the last 155 days on top of the lack of communication they have provided thus far while we've struggled with the product.

Can someone from Quicken PLEASE provide us with an update?

Days Since Issue Posted: 155
    Days Quicken Rep Last Posted to this Issue: 54
    Days Since Last Official Post on this Issue:  62
    Quicken Releases Since Issue Posted: 9
    Number of Replies on this Issue: 145 (5th highest in community - up 1 spot from last report!)
    Number of Me Toos: 67
    Number of frustrated Users: Unknown
  • richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    N11 said:

Could it be???
    I just got the "2018 Release of Quicken for Windows: R11.16 Staged Release" that is announced at this page:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/2018-release-of-quicken-for-windows-release-r11-16-staged-release-tomorrow

It lists many items that are fixed but the key item relative to this thread seems to be:
    ·Fixed: An issue where a previously entered Bill Reminder could reappear on the Bills dashboard after performing a One Step Update.

The update went smoothly but I haven't run any tests yet for bill reminders or linked billers. We shall see whether this is the fix we've been waiting for. I'm looking forward to hearing how it works for the many folks who have contributed to this thread and especially from Barry Schnell who raised the issue 5  months ago.

Thanks for the heads up N11!  Unfortunately I didn't see this when they released and it is currently limited to the first 5000 customers.  I presume this has long past as I cannot update to it even manually.  Anyway, would love to hear your feedback (and anyone else's really) as to if this fixes our mutual issues.

Also of note in this release:

·Fixed: An issue where Bill Reminder payments were not listed in recent payments.
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    N11 said:

Could it be???

If you don't want to wait you can get Mondo patch:

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
  • Chuck GrantChuck Grant Member
    edited August 2018
    I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I downloaded the mondo update, and my "about quicken (2018)" now reads R11.16, build 17.1.11 16.  I just paid a bill and no change.  I still had to press ignore after paying the bill to get it to the next month.

Also, I did not see anything about this issue in the update notes...
  • MattMatt Member
    edited August 2018

I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but I downloaded the mondo update, and my "about quicken (2018)" now reads R11.16, build 17.1.11 16.  I just paid a bill and no change.  I still had to press ignore after paying the bill to get it to the next month.

Also, I did not see anything about this issue in the update notes...

@Chuck Grant - per my 7/28 post, you may want to try:
    • Validated file
    • Reinstalled Mondo Patch
    • Validated file again
    If that doesn't work, you may want to try the other steps in the post. It fixed mine, even before the R11.16 release.

Regards,
    Matt
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited August 2018
    Here we are again. I loaded the newest patch this morning.
    Used OSU to pay two bills. No change they still come up as unpaid and due.

When will this be fixed folks? I really do not think this is ready to be a paid subscription product. I want last years version back. Since I have asked repeatedly how to do this and no answer is forthcoming I am assuming that once upgraded there is no going back.

• BryanBryan Member
    edited August 2018
    Just did the update to  R11.16 27.1.11.16

My issues have mainly been with the online billers.

NEW ISSUE:
    Now there is a new message under "NEEDS ATTENTION" section at the top of the screen.  "This biller account is no longer valid" message which details one of my Chase credit cards set-ups. "Please delete and re-add the biller Fix it"  When you click, "Fix It", Quicken crashes / window closes.

After reopening Quicken, I clicked on the gear | manage online billers | selected remove for the referenced biller and it removed it from the online biller list BUT the message does not go away and it still shows the details for the deleted biller under "NEEDS ATTENTION" message. 

Then I removed the online biller (Chase Credit Card) and recreated it under Tools | Online Payee List  and then re-added the biller using the Bill & Income window + sign and selecting online bill.  This went ok once I had deleted and recreated it under Online Payee List (above) [otherwise you end up in an endless loop of the software telling you that you already have this biller please select it which it does not allow you to do]. 

There is no way to get rid of the message even after the underlying biller has been removed.  Just a NEEDS ATTENTION ERROR reminding me that the Quicken software bills and income window needs some attention!  Sorry for the sarcasm, but could not resist after 6 months of cleaning this up daily and the fix subroutine crashes the software (again, remember the report error crash?, I did go click on all of the log files to see if this was the same crash cause as the report error crash, does not fix it).

ISSUE TWO
    Also, when I first Opened the Bills & Income tab after the update, the same payments that have been coming back for months where there with today's date as the due date in red.  I marked them as paid and they went away.  Will need to watch to see if these come back as part of one step update in the future to see if the issue is gone, too early to say.
  • SamSam Member
    edited August 2018
    On line bills and One step update seem to be working now for me with Build 17.1.11.16. It was almost working with the previous build. I deleted all on line bills and reminders and rebuilt them under Build 27.0.10.11. I think there was a lot of garbage which I cleaned out. There was so much garbage built up over the last few months that I suspect the only way to get this to work right is to clean it out. I hope it is stable and continues to work.

• Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited August 2018
    Updated to v R11.16. My issue with recurring bill dates reverting back to current bill date after OSU is resolved!
  • FingurpoknFingurpokn Member
    edited December 2018
    I'm up to R10.11 and the problem still exists...  I pay a bill from the reminder list and it is still listed in the reminder list.  I have been just 'Ignoring' the reminder after I see it in the register, but that is an aggravating way to work around.
  • MattMatt Member
    edited February 13

I'm up to R10.11 and the problem still exists...  I pay a bill from the reminder list and it is still listed in the reminder list.  I have been just 'Ignoring' the reminder after I see it in the register, but that is an aggravating way to work around.

[email removed]
    Go a few posts up and get the link for the Mondo patch and validate your file before installing. Good chance that will solve it....
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

They pulled the mondo patch to work on a new bug. Check back and get mondo patch when reposted
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, I am on release 11.16.
    Tried as someone recommended and deleted 2 of my bill reminders, closed everything, reopened the SW, performed OSU, recreated the reminders for online bill pay. Closed and reopened quicken. Performed OSU and again the reminder came back with the same date as the paid bills.

• Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Another 8 days have passed with no updates from Quicken on this issue.  

R11.16 was posted and removed with no updates regarding it's status, when a new version will be available and whether or not whatever version is next will address the issues mentioned in this post.

It is unfathomable to me that no one from Quicken has updated this post with any information.  This is the 4th most active post in the entire community!  We know for certain that moderators are removing comments made on this post so someone at some level somewhere must know we would like and deserve an update.

Can someone from Quicken PLEASE provide us with an update?

Days Since Issue Posted: 163
    Days Quicken Rep Last Posted to this Issue: 62
    Days Since Last Official Post on this Issue:  70
    Quicken Releases Since Issue Posted: 9
    Number of Replies on this Issue: 153 (4th highest in community - up 1 spot from last report!)
    Number of Me Toos: 68
    Number of frustrated Users: Unknown
  • Don HoffmanDon Hoffman Member
    edited August 2018
    Strange as of the last release I no longer have the problem. And I noticed that a lot of the complaints have died off. Not sure what is going on but my Quicken is currently updating and clearing bills as before. For the record I do not pay my bills through Quicken or print checks .
  • edited September 2018
    If you do what is recommended, upgrade to 11.18, remove all bills and then add back everything works as designed, at least in my Premier 2018 it does
  • Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member
    edited August 2018

If you do what is recommended, upgrade to 11.18, remove all bills and then add back everything works as designed, at least in my Premier 2018 it does

Mine, so far is working, also. After removing reminders and doing the validations it seems to have fixed it.
  • Don EmoryDon Emory Member
    edited August 2018

Where do you find 11.18 version?  I check for updates for my Quicken and it is R10.11, Build 27.1.10.11, and it says I have the latest update????
  • edited August 2018

11.18 came out this morning. I did Check Updates under Help
    edited August 2018

Thanks for the note...I haven't received it yet so I assume they are releasing on a limited bases...
  • edited August 2018

Very possible. What version are you at? If 11.16 then remove all of your billers, validate, add. Idlers back
  • edited August 2018

Meant add billers back in
    edited August 2018

R10.11, Build 27.1.10.11
  • edited August 2018

You will have to get to 11.16 before problem is fixed. Might have to wait until a new release to everyone
    edited August 2018

That's what I thought...thanks.
  • Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member
    edited August 2018

I am still on R10.11 But I have yet to pay my big batch of bills that I print checks for.  So not fully tested yet.
  • Greg_the_GeekGreg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
    Quicken 2017 H&B - Windows 10
  • ericweinerericweiner Member
    edited August 2018

Remove and re-add all bill reminders. What kind of fix is that? I have 30.