Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• edited August 2018

If you do what is recommended, upgrade to 11.18, remove all bills and then add back everything works as designed, at least in my Premier 2018 it does

I had twenty. It is so you can start with a clean bill reminder database I would imagine
  • edited August 2018

If you do what is recommended, upgrade to 11.18, remove all bills and then add back everything works as designed, at least in my Premier 2018 it does

When I had 10.11 it continually crashed with bill reminder. I reported and they told me to wait until I got an upgrade notice which I did to 11.16 and then 11.18.
  • Don EmoryDon Emory Member
    edited August 2018

Thanks... I think I'm going to to wait then for 11.18. At least I don't crash now.
  • ericweinerericweiner Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018

The update shoukd fix bad reminders. That is a proper fix.
  • edited August 2018
    Just to be clear, does upgrading to 11.18 also resolve issues with Linked Online Bills?  or has no one tried that yet?
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Just a curious question, since I received the update R11.18, my calendar view for my checking account is not showing the dollar amount showing the payments scheduled not being deducted from my remaining balance....for example if my current balance is $100 and I have a payment of $25, the balance shown after the payment still remains at $100 instead of being reduced to $75.  Any non-online bills deducts correctly.  Anyone else experiencing this?
  • MattMatt Member
    edited August 2018
    rm1270 said:

Just a curious question, since I received the update R11.18, my calendar view for my checking account is not showing the dollar amount showing the payments scheduled not being deducted from my remaining balance....for example if my current balance is $100 and I have a payment of $25, the balance shown after the payment still remains at $100 instead of being reduced to $75.  Any non-online bills deducts correctly.  Anyone else experiencing this?

@rm1270 - I recall experiencing something similar, but not sure exactly which "balance" you are looking at....
    Some pages/tabs display different balances depending on your settings. Just a thought.

Matt
  • Rob WilliamsRob Williams Member
    edited August 2018

About a week ago I was offered an update but was getting ready to take a trip and could not update at the time.  When I returned a week later, I did a "check for updates" and it said I have the latest R10.11 which is the same version I had before I left.  What a joke.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Rob,
    Don't be too hasty jumping on the bandwagon for the latest fix. This thing may have more bugs than a stray dog. (Sorry, Quicken people. It just seems like every time you release a fix these days, you fix one bug and create two new ones.)
    Stay on 10.11, if it works for you. Wait for 11.18 or higher to be made available to everyone in the next few weeks.
  • edited August 2018
    After Version R17.2 update for Quicken Deluxe 2017, the notification to send payments does not go away, even though the payments were already sent.  Trying to log out Quicken still says I am payments to send and I DON'T! Ugh! Why did you have to do an update?        
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    rm1270 said:

Actually this was resolved with the assistance of someone from Quicken.  Seems that because I had this bill as part of my on-line billers and deleted it because of the on-going issues, Quicken got confused, so I had to delete it and reschedule...now this portion is resolved.  He also told me that a fix for the whole paid bills showing up in reminders is currently being tested and hopeful a release is forthcoming....fingers crossed!
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited August 2018
    Well, here we are again. I just updated to the 11.18 release.
    I validated the file. and the performed a OSU, and much not to my surprise the one and only bill I tried to pay is still showing in the reminders as due and waiting to be paid.
    Same old song and dance.
    Picture attached.....
    edited August 2018
    FM Wright said:

I validated the file. and the performed a OSU, and much not to my surprise the one and only bill I tried to pay is still showing in the reminders as due and waiting to be paid.
    Same old song and dance.
    Picture attached.....

Same thing happened to me too....so disappointed!
  • edited August 2018
    FM Wright said:

Same old song and dance.
    Picture attached.....

You have to delete all your bill reminders and then add them back in. I did this as instructed and mine have been working fine.
    edited August 2018
    FM Wright said:

Same old song and dance.
    Picture attached.....

Unfortunately, I did one Bill Reminder on my system (R11.18) to check on if the fix was actually fixed.  I deleted one reminder that was due, then I added it back in as a brand new bill reminder and marked it to be paid.  After my bank update to pay the bill which it did and placed in my check register as normal, I checked on Bill Reminder and the bill was still there with the current month date to pay...it did not roll over to the next month.  I had to manually reset the date to September date to keep the bill reminder system intact.
  • edited August 2018
    FM Wright said:

Same old song and dance.
    Picture attached.....

I believe you have to delete all of the bill reminders and start completely over. Mine has definitely even working since upgrading to 11.18 and deleting all of my reminders
    edited August 2018
    FM Wright said:

Same old song and dance.
    Picture attached.....

James, okay I will try that then and delete all of them as you say before re-entering them.  Thanks.
  • Steve SSteve S Member
    edited August 2018
    Yes. So that is the pertinent question that would be very well received if someone from the Quicken team would answer. I am willing to do anything as long as I know that task has the best chance of working with the new update.

I have not done the update yet but it is asking me to.

Therefore, I would like to ask the community or particularly a Quicken moderator/employee the following.

If we are still having issues with reminders and online/manual billers, what is the best practice to insure a clean update so that everything starts working again?

In this order?

Should we remove all reminders/online billers/manual bills and then validate our file first before any update?

Should the file be backed up and restored after the update?

Then should we perform the update, and then add back all the reminders/bills, etc?

What would be the best practice for this update to make it all good.

Please be specific and address all points in the order in which they need to be done please. An outline would be best to follow in any reply to this request. Please remember that some users don't use all the functionality of the software and others do.

This would be a great help to the community.
    edited August 2018
    Steve S said:

Yes. So that is the pertinent question that would be very well received if someone from the Quicken team would answer. I am willing to do anything as long as I know that task has the best chance of working with the new update.

I have not done the update yet but it is asking me to.

Therefore, I would like to ask the community or particularly a Quicken moderator/employee the following.

If we are still having issues with reminders and online/manual billers, what is the best practice to insure a clean update so that everything starts working again?

In this order?

Should we remove all reminders/online billers/manual bills and then validate our file first before any update?

Should the file be backed up and restored after the update?

Then should we perform the update, and then add back all the reminders/bills, etc?

What would be the best practice for this update to make it all good.

Please be specific and address all points in the order in which they need to be done please. An outline would be best to follow in any reply to this request. Please remember that some users don't use all the functionality of the software and others do.

This would be a great help to the community.

I concur...
  • Kathy MillerKathy Miller Member
    edited September 2018

Another 8 days have passed with no updates from Quicken on this issue.  

R11.16 was posted and removed with no updates regarding it's status, when a new version will be available and whether or not whatever version is next will address the issues mentioned in this post.

It is unfathomable to me that no one from Quicken has updated this post with any information.  This is the 4th most active post in the entire community!  We know for certain that moderators are removing comments made on this post so someone at some level somewhere must know we would like and deserve an update.

Can someone from Quicken PLEASE provide us with an update?

Days Since Issue Posted: 163
    Days Quicken Rep Last Posted to this Issue: 62
    Days Since Last Official Post on this Issue:  70
    Quicken Releases Since Issue Posted: 9
    Number of Replies on this Issue: 153 (4th highest in community - up 1 spot from last report!)
    Number of Me Toos: 68
    Number of frustrated Users: Unknown

I just updated to R11.18.  It is still not fixed.
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I can say that r11.18 mostly did not improve how my instance of Quicken deals with the issues I outlined on Page 5, when I met up with the Quicken development team.   Below are the r11.18 results (in bold)  to the issues we documented when working with manual bills.  I tested r11.18 with 2 bills this morning.

• Demonstrated R10.10 continues to have issues with bills and income feature.  Result: r11.18 continues to have issues...

• Demonstrated
      an issue when a bill is paid, the bill disappears from the stack view,
      but does not reappear when the "include paid" checkbox is marked.  Result:  Remains broken.  "include paid" checkbox still not displaying paid bills.  Tested with 2 bills this morning.

• Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill does not disappear from the stack view, nor does it appear as "paid".  Again, the "include paid" checkbox does not function as expected.  Result:  Remains broken.   2 bills paid this morning now disappear from the stack view when paid, as expected, but "include paid" checkbox still not displaying paid bills. 1 bill related to my auto loan account, when paid, did not get removed from the stack view.  Bill history shows the status as "paid".  Again, Paid Bills check box not working.

• Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid and a date set in the "enter expense transaction" dialog, the date set changes to a different date in
      both the register view and when doing an OSU. IMO, a high priority
      issue as this could cause overdrafts to the checking account, causing
      bank and vendor fees to the end user.  Result:  Appears to be fixed.

• Demonstrated an
      issue in "bill history" table where the date and amount of a bill does
      NOT match what was entered and sent.  Unknown as to where "bill history"
      is picking up this data. Result:  Remains broken.  View Bill History table shows status of the 2 paid bills incorrectly.  Status is shown as "ignored" when they were actually paid from Quicken.  The amount in the View History table is incorrect and reflects the estimated bill value and not what was actually paid.  Im speculating this issue and the "include paid" checkbox issue are related. See image 1.
    • Demonstrated an issue where selecting the Calendar view in the drop-down
      spawns the Calendar with no income or expense entries or navigation
      controls to allow switching back to other views (such as stack view).  Result:    Remains broken.   No controls in UI to allow a user to go back to Stack View.  Calendar populated only with balance figure.    User must deinstall and reinstall an earlier versions of Quicken AND revert to an earlier version of their data file to correct. Image 2.

• Lastly,  there was another issue where users experienced the next month bill reminder to disappear when current month's bill was paid.  Result:   I have not previously experienced this but I noted that my next months bills were properly displayed upon paying the two recent bills.
    So....All in all, still broken feature for me, using manual bills. I cannot comment on the issues with online bills as I have twice before tried online bills and both times failed to see, in its current implementation, any value. Dont have time to waste on a third attempt.

@Quicken,  Happy to get on a call again to discuss and demonstrate the issues..

Scott
    2018 QW HBR r10.11

Image 1

Image 2

• MykScotMykScot Member ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I can confirm that the issue is RESOLVED for me.  Online Bills no longer reappear in the month "if they've already been marked as paid" after doing a One Step Update.
  • john stegengajohn stegenga Member
    edited August 2018
    MykScot said:

I can confirm that the issue is RESOLVED for me.  Online Bills no longer reappear in the month "if they've already been marked as paid" after doing a One Step Update.

Online bills NEVER repeated for me, at least not for a while - but for me an Online bill is:
    - a reminder
    - I mark paid by EFT after logging into the bank/credit card / etc and making a payment
    - updating the amount paid in the reminder, and save.

Checks are always a problem.
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Scott said:

I can say that r11.18 mostly did not improve how my instance of Quicken deals with the issues I outlined on Page 5, when I met up with the Quicken development team.   Below are the r11.18 results (in bold)  to the issues we documented when working with manual bills.  I tested r11.18 with 2 bills this morning.

• Demonstrated R10.10 continues to have issues with bills and income feature.  Result: r11.18 continues to have issues...

• Demonstrated
      an issue when a bill is paid, the bill disappears from the stack view,
      but does not reappear when the "include paid" checkbox is marked.  Result:  Remains broken.  "include paid" checkbox still not displaying paid bills.  Tested with 2 bills this morning.

• Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid, the bill does not disappear from the stack view, nor does it appear as "paid".  Again, the "include paid" checkbox does not function as expected.  Result:  Remains broken.   2 bills paid this morning now disappear from the stack view when paid, as expected, but "include paid" checkbox still not displaying paid bills. 1 bill related to my auto loan account, when paid, did not get removed from the stack view.  Bill history shows the status as "paid".  Again, Paid Bills check box not working.

• Demonstrated an issue when a bill is paid and a date set in the "enter expense transaction" dialog, the date set changes to a different date in
      both the register view and when doing an OSU. IMO, a high priority
      issue as this could cause overdrafts to the checking account, causing
      bank and vendor fees to the end user.  Result:  Appears to be fixed.

• Demonstrated an
      issue in "bill history" table where the date and amount of a bill does
      NOT match what was entered and sent.  Unknown as to where "bill history"
      is picking up this data. Result:  Remains broken.  View Bill History table shows status of the 2 paid bills incorrectly.  Status is shown as "ignored" when they were actually paid from Quicken.  The amount in the View History table is incorrect and reflects the estimated bill value and not what was actually paid.  Im speculating this issue and the "include paid" checkbox issue are related. See image 1.
    • Demonstrated an issue where selecting the Calendar view in the drop-down
      spawns the Calendar with no income or expense entries or navigation
      controls to allow switching back to other views (such as stack view).  Result:    Remains broken.   No controls in UI to allow a user to go back to Stack View.  Calendar populated only with balance figure.    User must deinstall and reinstall an earlier versions of Quicken AND revert to an earlier version of their data file to correct. Image 2.

• Lastly,  there was another issue where users experienced the next month bill reminder to disappear when current month's bill was paid.  Result:   I have not previously experienced this but I noted that my next months bills were properly displayed upon paying the two recent bills.
    So....All in all, still broken feature for me, using manual bills. I cannot comment on the issues with online bills as I have twice before tried online bills and both times failed to see, in its current implementation, any value. Dont have time to waste on a third attempt.

@Quicken,  Happy to get on a call again to discuss and demonstrate the issues..

Scott
    2018 QW HBR r10.11

Image 1

Image 2

Just a followup to my post, above.  Since my last post, I had another session with Quicken development where I illustrated my issues after installing r11.18.  We worked through each issue trying a number of things and ended it by sending them sanitized data files along with a QCS log file. 

Please keep in mind that the issues I reported are specific to manual bill reminders -  I do not use online billing.

This morning, to my surprise, I received an "internal build" version to install and test.  I did so and found that ALL of the issues documented above are now working!  Very pleased to see this.  

Kudos to KD and Shiva on the Quicken team for their engagement and diligence in rooting out these issues.

I'm unsure of when this "internal build" will ultimately drop to production and made generally available, but hopefully soon.  I hope it will work for you as well.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR r11.18

• Kathy MillerKathy Miller Member
    edited August 2018
    The issue still persists for me. I am running version  R11.18.  If it is simply a reminder to enter an autopay, it works correctly, even if I change the memo or amount or date.  The issue of the reminder still showing up even after I have entered it, is when I print a physical check.  My workaround is to enter and print the check as usual, THEN go back into reminders and "ignore" this instance.

We sure saw a lot of lip service via email from the new CEO when they were splitting from Intuit about how great the new product and service was going to be.  He has been very quiet since the bugs started popping up.

I hope they get it together for Barry's sake.  He seems to be largely affected by the glitch.  Mine is only twice a month.  Thanks for being our #1 advocate on the patch of this glitch, Barry Schnell.  

Kathy Miller

• richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'm running R11.18 too and for the most part I think my issues are handled.  I am able to run One Step Update without reminders coming back to haunt me.  I am able to get bills downloaded and have them show up with the correct amount.  And because I haven't had to dismiss the errant reminders I don't have them out there in left field (1, 2, or 9 months in the future) needing to be pulled back. 

I deleted all my reminders, online billers, online payee list (both in Quicken and at the bank).  I then recreated them one by one.  Ran "validate file" several times in between actions.  I am surprised that it keeps finding things to correct though.  This process was otherwise painless until when I sent payments and had to come up with the mailing addresses for each again.  Also of note are other bugs related to this.  If you merely delete your bills Quicken keeps the biller information underneath so when you go to set them up again it tells you the billers already exist.  Not very helpful information.  Why would I care they already exist.  Just set up a new bill for them like I asked!  This is when I realized I had to go to the bank and delete the billers from there too!  Again, this should be more seamless.  I shouldn't have to guess what to do next.

One other thing that pretty much sticks out as still an issue is in the Quicken Home page.  Under "Bill and Income Reminders" it only shows my paycheck reminders and a single non-online payment as being paid (although I paid like 3 online bills yesterday as well).

So, overall I think I'm good but still don't feel like everything is fixed.  Admittedly this is just my experience for one day so hopefully it will continue to improve.  Also of note, is that some of my issues seemed to get better even before I was upgraded to R11.18.  I don't know what to make of that.  It's rather confusing.

I hope everyone else gets fixed up soon and that this seemingly stable environment stays that way.
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
  • BrentBrent Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    This is still an issue for me running WIN R11.18. I'm not going to provide a ton of detail since the details have been beaten to death.  The summary is that I pay bills by opening the reminders window, clicking on a bill reminder, scheduling the payment, and sending that info to my bank through Quicken.  The bill reminders persist until I click "Ignore".
  • MattMatt Member
    edited August 2018
    Brent said:

This is still an issue for me running WIN R11.18. I'm not going to provide a ton of detail since the details have been beaten to death.  The summary is that I pay bills by opening the reminders window, clicking on a bill reminder, scheduling the payment, and sending that info to my bank through Quicken.  The bill reminders persist until I click "Ignore".

@Brent,
    See my post from July 28 titled "POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS!!". In item 2) details, I distinguish between the two Reminders interfaces. I have definitely found that the old interface is still glitchy but when I switch back to the new interface, it is correct. So now I use the new one exclusively and have not had the persistent "due" bill.

Hope you find the same,
    Matt
  • edited August 2018
    Brent said:

Question to all who still have the problem:  Did you remove all the Reminders and Online Bills before you installed R11.18?  Just wondering.  I do not work for Quicken, I just found the R11.18 fixed my issues.  Good luck.  I know this was really frustrating for me because the bill reminder feature is the number one reason I use Quicken.
  • MattMatt Member
    edited August 2018
    Brent said:

I double down on Dave's comment and add that doing a file Validation after removing the Reminders and Online Bills and after installing R11.18 has seemed to add a little more stability. Plus using the new Reminder interface as I state two posts above.
This discussion has been closed.