Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• StephenStephen Member
    edited December 2018
     Yes, I have all the same issues. In addition when the Quicken site was unavailable so were my bank accounts. It appears there is a dependency on the subscription to access my accounts using Quicken. Called support and basically got told the subscription was required and the Quicken sign -on was not optional. So if my subscription runs out it is not just an outdated application it is a non-operational application. I don't agree that Quicken has the rights to restrict me in any way from using my accounts. I intend to look at the legal side of this question. Basically my understanding is if Quicken is not up to date your accounts become unavailable to you. Please tell me your support made a mistake. Forcing someone to use your site for approval or subscription check to access their finances is just wrong.
  • GLKNYGLKNY Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Stephen said:

Yes, I have all the same issues. In addition when the Quicken site was unavailable so were my bank accounts. It appears there is a dependency on the subscription to access my accounts using Quicken. Called support and basically got told the subscription was required and the Quicken sign -on was not optional. So if my subscription runs out it is not just an outdated application it is a non-operational application. I don't agree that Quicken has the rights to restrict me in any way from using my accounts. I intend to look at the legal side of this question. Basically my understanding is if Quicken is not up to date your accounts become unavailable to you. Please tell me your support made a mistake. Forcing someone to use your site for approval or subscription check to access their finances is just wrong.

I received this from the CEO on Friday:
    Thank you for your continued contributions
    here—here's a new message from our CEO, Eric Dunn:

Dear Quicken Customers,

Based on your feedback, we’ve decided to make a change to the way Quicken works
    after your subscription membership expires.

As you’ve read here, our original plan would allow you to have full access to
    all of your Quicken data, including the ability to edit, run and print reports,
    and export after your membership ends. However, you could not enter new manual
    transactions or access online services.

After hearing your feedback, and talking to many of you personally, we’ve
    decided to change this behavior, and enable you to manually add transactions
    and accounts, even after your membership ends. 

Access to online services, such as transaction download, quotes, and mobile
    sync, along with access to Quicken Support, will still end after your
    subscription membership does.  We’ll continue to let you know about product
    changes and enhancements within Quicken.

Thank you for your continued feedback around our changing business. We hope
    this change in policy helps address the concerns you’ve voiced. 

Our goal is to offer an outstanding product that provides you with great value,
    and we want you to be confident that you’ll always have access to your data.

I will continue to keep you updated on our future plans.

• Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Stephen said:

So....what does this have to do with the problem of paid bills still showing up as unpaid?
  • BryanBryan Member
    edited April 2018
    Bryan said:

Having similar issue - 2018 Premier, W10 just started using Quicken bill pay feature in 2018 version so I do not have the bill payer upgrade complexity, although my data file has been upgraded many times.

Issue: from the Bills & Income tax_Bills selection, when I select 'mark paid' for bills that were paid through another bill pay service, the reminder goes away for an unknown time (does not always come right back if I refresh bills), but then a day or two later it comes back as due.  I have logged in to the payee's website and they show a zero balance due, yet Quicken Bill Pay is bringing the bills back to life over and over.

The bills that I am scheduling through Quicken Bill Pay sometimes function correctly and other times they come back (Chase credit card like one of the above is an issue), payment has cleared the register today yet comes back as due today on the Bills page), Other payees worked correctly (so far).  I am not using bill reminders, just going to the bill section each time and looking for due payments.

The problem happens after one step update more than the refresh the bill icon from the bill pay page.

Help!!!

Thanks.

NEW ISSUE: In addition to all of the other issues, I now have a new bill (credit card) showing a previous months paid amount with the current month's due date.  This is similar to the previous issues, but now I have a true bill due with the wrong amount showing.  Previously it was just the old bill coming back to life but the new bills were correct when they showed up.  Maybe Quicken has not seen the new bill, but it is available from the payee website with the same due date as the bogus repeat bill.

Example  March bill $300
                    May bill $500, due May 15

Bill reminder shows up with $300 due on May 15. 

There was a patch promised in mid-April, Major bug... 2 months and counting.
    @ Quicken Sarah,
    1) where is it? / when will it be released?
    2) does it address the above?
  • Rob WilliamsRob Williams Member
    edited April 2018
    Well, I'm finding so many bugs related to online bills so I'm not sure if this is related to the problems previous reported.  But I have a bill that in Q2017 i had setup as a reoccurring bill for $2000 a month.  In my bill listing, I only saw the one bill for the amount that the biller says is due.  However when I paid that bill from the bill screen, the next day it shows my $2000 reminder as due.  I said to Ignore this one, but it entered it in my register anyway.  I delete it and it keeps coming back after every bill update.  The interesting thing is it shows the posting date for this transaction 8/27/2012.  The other "oops" is that this bill is really due on the 19th of each month, not the 20th.  Just don't feel i can rely on Quicken when it comes to bills these days.

It's past mid April so I hope that Quicken update happens quickly.  I'm questioning my 2 yr subscription.

• LaunceLaunce Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Skip/ignore bill" option does not work.

For no apparent reason, the "skip" option for bills was renamed to "ignore" bill in QW 2018.  I can live with that pointless fiddle. 

But "ignore" doesn't work.  I keep getting reminded of bills that have already been paid.  And each time I "ignore" the bill, the due date updates to the next month.  And then it reminds me again -- about a bill that's not due for several months!

Anyone else have this issue?
    edited April 2018
    Ignore, mark as paid, and about any option related to an online biller seems broke. I finally unlinked all my online billers.
  • ChrisChris Member
    edited April 2018

Hello Everyone,

We've received a small update from Development regarding these multiple Biller issues.  A solution has been found and is currently estimated to be available as part of the mid-April release.  Please note, this is an estimate and may be delayed if any additional errors or issues are found during the testing phase.

We appreciate your patience while this issue was being researched and thank you to all those who shared their data with us, it was instrumental in researching and creating a solution.

Thank you,

Sarah

@ Sarah,

I am assuming more errors appeared during testing.  Can we get an update on the status of the fix?
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Ignore, mark as paid, and about any option related to an online biller seems broke. I finally unlinked all my online billers.

Unfortunately, that is the ONLY option that I have found until they address this also
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I noticed that Quicken 2018 R8.8 has been released.  I just downloaded and installed and unfortunately, it does not appear that the majority of the issues that we have been experiencing were resolved. 

Here is a brief synopsis of the issues I encountered thus far AFTER installing 8.8:

1) Transaction was automatically added to my account register after an online update was performed for a bill that was already paid (Known issue in 7.5)
    2) After paying bills through multiple methods, bills still show as DUE in bills reminders (Known Issue from 7.5)
    3) Bill that was already paid and has cleared that shows due for a previous date (which has already been paid) is unable to be "marked as paid" or "ignore" through bills list (Known Issue from 7.5)
    4) Editing all instances of a bill reminder that is paid via Quicken Bill pay does not let you update the "Next Due On" to a date that occurs prior to the next available payment date.  Editing the reminder to a specific date and paying the bill are INDEPENDENT operations - the bill is DUE when the bill is DUE and PAID when I choose to PAY it.  By forcing the user to change the next due on to a date that corresponds to the next available date allowed by QBP, it changes all subsequent reminders to that date.  (Known issue from 7.5)

I'm just getting started evaluating 8.8 but it does NOT look good.

Note that prior to installing, I did an online update, validate & repair & a backup.  Additionally, after update, I did a validate & repair, online update and then another validate & repair prior to paying any bills.

Also note that when I did a "Check for Updates" in Quicken, it did NOT find the update.  I had to manually update via https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows

@Sarah - I'll reach out via DM to discuss.
    edited April 2018

I noticed that Quicken 2018 R8.8 has been released.  I just downloaded and installed and unfortunately, it does not appear that the majority of the issues that we have been experiencing were resolved. 

Here is a brief synopsis of the issues I encountered thus far AFTER installing 8.8:

1) Transaction was automatically added to my account register after an online update was performed for a bill that was already paid (Known issue in 7.5)
    2) After paying bills through multiple methods, bills still show as DUE in bills reminders (Known Issue from 7.5)
    3) Bill that was already paid and has cleared that shows due for a previous date (which has already been paid) is unable to be "marked as paid" or "ignore" through bills list (Known Issue from 7.5)
    4) Editing all instances of a bill reminder that is paid via Quicken Bill pay does not let you update the "Next Due On" to a date that occurs prior to the next available payment date.  Editing the reminder to a specific date and paying the bill are INDEPENDENT operations - the bill is DUE when the bill is DUE and PAID when I choose to PAY it.  By forcing the user to change the next due on to a date that corresponds to the next available date allowed by QBP, it changes all subsequent reminders to that date.  (Known issue from 7.5)

I'm just getting started evaluating 8.8 but it does NOT look good.

Note that prior to installing, I did an online update, validate & repair & a backup.  Additionally, after update, I did a validate & repair, online update and then another validate & repair prior to paying any bills.

Also note that when I did a "Check for Updates" in Quicken, it did NOT find the update.  I had to manually update via https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows

@Sarah - I'll reach out via DM to discuss.

Unfortunately, my exprience is about the same requiring removing all online billers.

I did get slightly better results in testing by removing the online biller and the reminder and re-entering the reminder new to at least respond to being ignored again when needed.
  • edited April 2018
    Can we get the release notes from the sprints that created 8.8?

If fixes are not listed in the notes, retesting on our end is not needed.
    edited April 2018

I installed the update this morning. I'm seeing the same things Barry reported.  In addition, I notice now my running balance is the calendar view is way off.  Roughly $20K.  I also notice that my income reminders do not show up in the calendar view.  And that was only after about 5 minutes of looking around.

The number of bug fixes in the release notes was ridiculous.  Does anybody at Quicken actually test this stuff or are we users the testers?  I work as a Test Analyst and if we ever released into production a product with that many bugs, heads would role.

• Bren CarsonBren Carson Member
    edited July 2018
    I've been following this thread for many weeks with identical problems. The 8.8 update installed at login. I immediately checked "Bills & Income" and found a new entry for a T-Mobile bill due on 04/27 that I had already sent a QBP payment two days ago. The 8.8 update did not fix this major bug.
  • ericweinerericweiner Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

I've been following this thread for many weeks with identical problems. The 8.8 update installed at login. I immediately checked "Bills & Income" and found a new entry for a T-Mobile bill due on 04/27 that I had already sent a QBP payment two days ago. The 8.8 update did not fix this major bug.

did you onestep update before seeing that transaction?
    edited April 2018

Yes!
    edited April 2018
    Two Recent emails from Quicken, same day:
    1) AMEX payment received
    2) AMEX reminder payment is due
    edited July 2018
    I see, yeah I never look at those emails. I just review my register regularly. I agree those emails should be better but this is not a bug in Quicken but a bug with QuickenBillPay.com.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Everyone,

I received a last minute update on the ticket with Development for this issue.  Due to additional issues found in testing, the fix for these issues did have to be delayed and is not part of the R8.8 release, I apologize.

Currently I do not have a new estimate on when the solution will be available but as soon as I do, I'll be posting the information here.

I apologize for any further frustration this may cause but appreciate your continued patience and understanding while we work to ensure these problems are fully resolved.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited July 2018
    @Sarah, we have been chasing these issues for over 3 months. Its seems reasonable for Quicken to provide concrete information on a fix. Are these items in the current sprint, or scheduled in any sprint for repair?

If I was this vague with my customers I would be fired. People are struggling and deserve better information.
    edited April 2018

@Sarah, we have been chasing these issues for over 3 months. Its seems reasonable for Quicken to provide concrete information on a fix. Are these items in the current sprint, or scheduled in any sprint for repair?

If I was this vague with my customers I would be fired. People are struggling and deserve better information.

Eric... my guess is they do not follow Agile methodology.  Just a hunch from what I've observed.
    edited April 2018

So this afternoon I decided to try and link a reminder to a biller.  I had previously removed most the linked billers.  I took the bill reminder, clicked link to bill and it offered me a couple billers.  Neither was the biller I was trying to link.  Clicked add new bill (bad wording) and Quicken just vanished.  I repeated the process a second time and it was successful in linking the bill.  However, the bill shows up as overdue with a due date of 4/24.  The real bill is not due until 5/19.

It is also showing another bill past due now, which is linked to a online biller, but no due date is listed and the status is "awaiting next bill".  How can it be both?  I finally did a update bills and the newly linked bill is now not shown as overdue but shows the correct due date and awaiting bill status.  But the older linked bill is still showing past due.

edited April 2018

That likely means there is no process for prioritizing issues and fixing bugs vs. adding new features. I hope you are wrong. Thx
    edited April 2018

So this afternoon I decided to try and link a reminder to a biller.  I had previously removed most the linked billers.  I took the bill reminder, clicked link to bill and it offered me a couple billers.  Neither was the biller I was trying to link.  Clicked add new bill (bad wording) and Quicken just vanished.  I repeated the process a second time and it was successful in linking the bill.  However, the bill shows up as overdue with a due date of 4/24.  The real bill is not due until 5/19.

It is also showing another bill past due now, which is linked to a online biller, but no due date is listed and the status is "awaiting next bill".  How can it be both?  I finally did a update bills and the newly linked bill is now not shown as overdue but shows the correct due date and awaiting bill status.  But the older linked bill is still showing past due.

Unfortunately, the newly released April update version 8.8 did not fix those problems for me either. I found that deleting the online biller link still messed up the reminder. Best bet for me is to delete all online billers, forget that feature, and delete and recreate the reminder.
    edited April 2018

I have no personal knowledge of their software development prices but it sure seems like there is no prioritization. It's been six months since this was originally reported and a serious issue.
  • Gary JGary J Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bill and Income Reminders reappear after entering them.

Quicken Premier for Windows R8.8 After I enter my due Bills in the Bill and Income Reminders section, they reappear. Anyone else with this problem? I have no idea. Been using Quicken for many years. At least 15.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Gary J said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bill and Income Reminders reappear after entering them.

Quicken Premier for Windows R8.8 After I enter my due Bills in the Bill and Income Reminders section, they reappear. Anyone else with this problem? I have no idea. Been using Quicken for many years. At least 15.

Hi @ Gary J ,

I don't use Link Billers, but a question.
    After entering your Bill Payment, is the Reminder showing the same information, or showing the Next Bill Month's Date?
  • Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited April 2018
    I upgraded to R8.8 and the problem still exists. I pay an online bill but the entry stays in my bills and income register. :-(
  • Jim CurranJim Curran Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

#metoo

After paying any of my scheduled monthly bills, I have to go back and "Ignore" the reminder, so the due date will advance 30 days.

• richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I just wanted to chime in and say that I too have multiple problems with Bills.  I am currently using Quicken Premier 2018, R8.8, Build 27.1.8.8.

I have had these problems with both Quicken Bill Pay and currently using Chase for Bill Pay.  I have completely deleted all my bills and started over again.  I recreated them as manual bills at first and slowly introduced online billers.  Nothing as changed.
    • The biggest problem is, of course, that bills (reminders) keep coming back even after they are already paid.
    • Bills that have been paid show up again under "Bill and Income Reminders - Next 30 Days".  Sometimes they are not in sync with the "Bills & Income" tab.  I tell them to be ignored but they come back on the next "One Step Update".
    • Bills that have been paid sometimes don't show up in the Recent Payments area.  Similarly, bills that are due soon don't show up in the main area of the "Bills & Income" tab.
    • Lots of times I have to go into "Manage Manual Bills and Income" and update the scheduled date because Quicken has scheduled the next bill at least 1 but sometimes as much as 12 months in the future!  Quicken is so undependable in this area now that I have to keep a manual list to ensure bills are paid on time so I don't incur late fees.
    • Yesterday I got a new problem.  One of my bills was wrong so I told it to "Refresh bill".  When it was done it created a new scheduled payment (again, the bill was already paid).  Why would it automatically create a payment?  I had to go to the register and delete it.
    Other than successfully transmitting my bill payments to the bank I think it's safe to say this functionality is completely broken!  How Quicken didn't catch this as part of testing is absolutely amazing.  How can so many users have the same problem and not get noticed?

At this point I am willing to sit tight and await the update that will supposedly fix all this.  I certainly hope it's soon as I'm getting pretty frustrated "jigging the handle" every time I use Quicken!
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
This discussion has been closed.