Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• ScotProfScotProf Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Having encountered similar issues, I've been watching this thread for a while. Before realizing that "it isn't just me", I had tried unlinking / relinking / delete & remake payees, all to no avail. After finding this thread, I stopped messing around, hoping for a patch that would fix it.

Last night, after upgrading to the latest release, I tried again (even though it hadn't helped others). A payment to a linked payee was scheduled for the 14th of each month. I had paid it this month, but it still showed as due on 5/14 (and "ignore" didn't work). So I unlinked it - and the "next due payment" jumped to 10/14/2018 (instead of moving to 6/14). I can only guess that my previous atempts to link / unlink / recreate have been saved in a database entry somewhere, causing Quicken to erroneously think that I have paid for the months of June through September.

This bug certainly complicates life. It's extremely disappointing that Quicken have not yet fixed it. I wish there were truly viable alternatives - if only to keep Quicken on their toes.
  • FingurpoknFingurpokn Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Registry not updating properly from reminder list..

After selecting a transaction from the reminder list for entry into the registry, I still see the reminder in the reminder list after it is entered into the register. Even after updating the account.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Registry not updating properly from reminder list..

After selecting a transaction from the reminder list for entry into the registry, I still see the reminder in the reminder list after it is entered into the register. Even after updating the account.

[email protected] ,

Are you sure that it is the exact same month and day on the Reminder and not the next month's Date?
  • FingurpoknFingurpokn Member
    edited May 2018

Same month and date... It's like it was entered in the registry and not removed from the reminder list.
  • Rob WilliamsRob Williams Member
    edited May 2018

Since 2018 is subscription based now, I think Quicken should extend our subscription given how broke this product is.  Or find a way to revert our current file back to 2017 so we can use a product that actually worked.
  • BryanBryan Member
    edited May 2018

I agree Rob, the countless hours that have been collectively
    wasted looking up bills multiple times to make sure they were paid, deleting
    the mystery bills that are in the register for 2019, 20, ...  not to mention the bills that can show up
    with the wrong amount due until you hit the blue update button.

There seams to be a real lack of urgency from the Quicken
    team, it appears that they are now hiding given that there are / have been no new
    updates from their staff in weeks.  I
    sent a message to the Office of the President, what a joke, got a response from
    a junior employee basically telling me that the issue has be acknowledged.  I question if Mr. Dunn is even aware of the
    issue, likely not, but would love to hear from him here.

Quicken is the best financial tracking tool, use it daily
    and would recommend it to friends and do. 
    This issue has shaken my faith a bit, not that there was an issue, but
    rather (i) how big the issue is, (ii) how slow they have been to react / fix it
    and (iii) the terrible level of communications along the way.

Is anyone at Quicken listening?

• FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited July 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Online payees no longer come off list after paying them since switching to 2018.

Since upgrading to Quicken Deluxe 2018 (R8.10 Build 27.1.8.10) when I pay scheduled online bills they no longer come off the "Bill and Income Reminders" list.

I have provided a screenshot below.

I tried the online troubleshooting with online chat, that was a waste of time.
    I have been using Quicken for more years than I can count and this is driving me nuts. And that is a short trip.

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    FM Wright said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Online payees no longer come off list after paying them since switching to 2018.

Since upgrading to Quicken Deluxe 2018 (R8.10 Build 27.1.8.10) when I pay scheduled online bills they no longer come off the "Bill and Income Reminders" list.

I have provided a screenshot below.

I tried the online troubleshooting with online chat, that was a waste of time.
    I have been using Quicken for more years than I can count and this is driving me nuts. And that is a short trip.

Hey FM Wright,

Sorry you haven't received a response yet.

What you are experiencing is a known issue.

You have been moved to the main thread so we can track the issue.

We are currently researching this issue and working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Chuck GrantChuck Grant Member
    edited May 2018
    Seeing the same issue since upgrading to 2018 subscription version.  It applies to all of my payments to Quicken billpay.  I pay the bill, it disappears from my "All bills and deposits" list, and is only visible in the "Scheduled" list.  Then I send the bill through Quicken billpay using one step update, and it reappears in the "all bills and deposits" list without the date being updated.  Then I have been manually changing the next due date to the following month manually to keep my budgeting calendar from showing the extra payments due.
  • john stegengajohn stegenga Member
    edited May 2018
    has anyone acknowleged this? when is it going to be fixed/ can I sue Quicken in small claims court for late fees if I miss a bill because of this crap? Just open quicken 2015 and copy the code. Worked perfectly. don't knw why you people would change something just for the sake of change. Idiocy.
    edited May 2018
    I'm no lawyer but it's unlikely you could sue for missing a bill payment. The best you could hope for is if someone started a class action suit. I hope when they finally fix this problem they credit us additional subscription time. This would help them avoid a class action suit. And would show good faith on their part.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello All,

These issues are marked as fixed in the Windows 2018 May R9.30 update which is currently in a staged release and has not been made available to all Users as of yet. 

If you have not received a prompt to install the R9.30 update, the patch files and release notes will be uploaded to the site and available later today at https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • BryanBryan Member
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

These issues are marked as fixed in the Windows 2018 May R9.30 update which is currently in a staged release and has not been made available to all Users as of yet. 

If you have not received a prompt to install the R9.30 update, the patch files and release notes will be uploaded to the site and available later today at https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows.

Thank you,

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Downloaded and installed the update from the link above to R9.30.

I have the same issues after the update installed, actually they repeat now every time where before it was every few times.

Issues:
    1) Using one step update, six previous payments show us as due on today's date in bills screen  ( I believe it is the same 6 payments).

2) When I then hit the blue update arrow on the bills screen, they disappear on the bills screen and move to the linked check register with dates way out in the future... 2020, 2030, etc.

3) I then delete the bogus entries from the check register.  

Then next time I hit one step update, they are back.

I have previously submitted my files to the report a problem.

I do not know this for sure, but these payments may have been manual payments the first time (mark as paid).

Thanks,
    Bryan
  • BryanBryan Member
    edited May 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Follow-up:

I marked them as paid, re-ran the one step update and they did not return (versus hitting the blue update button on the bills page.)  The update button sequence was likely not tested.

I will post an update if they return.

-Bryan
    edited August 2018
    About 10 hours after Sarah posted about the 9.30 update, I went to the link in her post, to download the patch - and it is still the 8.10 version. Filename is QW27.1.8.10MPatch.exe. Just in case they had forgotten to rename the file, I DL'd it and ran it - the opening windows said it's the 8.10 patch. Mind you, that window also states that "The version of Quicken installed on this computer is R1". Nope, it's 8.10.....
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    ScotProf said:

About 10 hours after Sarah posted about the 9.30 update, I went to the link in her post, to download the patch - and it is still the 8.10 version. Filename is QW27.1.8.10MPatch.exe. Just in case they had forgotten to rename the file, I DL'd it and ran it - the opening windows said it's the 8.10 patch. Mind you, that window also states that "The version of Quicken installed on this computer is R1". Nope, it's 8.10.....

ScottProf,

The R9.30 release seemed to have been posted shorty after your post.   I installed it last night but was not able to test-out the Bills and Income issues in this thread, as the Capital One new authentication scheme, also part of this release, gave me fits....So, for those who also use CapOne....tread carefully with R9.30.  My experience here re:  Capital One:  https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/qw-2018-r9-30-new-capital-one-download-process-w...

Scott
    QW 2018 HBR R8.10
  • MykScotMykScot Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    the 9.30 Update came out today (5/31) and this issue is STILL NOT FIXED! 
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    After months of waiting for the issues in this thread to be resolved, I installed 9.3 and am unable to link a bill payee to even determine if the issues in this thread are fixed.

See details at https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/-unable-to-update-billers-error-when-linking-a-b...

Words can't even describe the level of frustration I've reached with Quicken 2018.
    edited June 2018

After months of waiting for the issues in this thread to be resolved, I installed 9.3 and am unable to link a bill payee to even determine if the issues in this thread are fixed.

See details at https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/-unable-to-update-billers-error-when-linking-a-b...

Words can't even describe the level of frustration I've reached with Quicken 2018.

Barry... I tried the solution posted in your link.  I signed out and then back in.  On signing back in Quicken CRASHED.  I started Quicken again and tried to link a biller.  Same problem.  [removed]

This is a prime opportunity for another financial software company to make their mark if they can import Quicken files and actually produce a working product.

I wish Microsoft would get back into the game.  I loved Microsoft Money and went kicking and screaming to Quicken when Microsoft Money was discontinued.
  • Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited June 2018
    I upgraded to R9.30 Online bill payments still so not increment to the next month.

Beyond frustrated. My patience is gone......

Screen #1: Payment Date = July 1st
    Screen #2 One step update dialog

Screen #3 One step update completed (1 payment ready to send dialog gone) Payment date still = July 1st
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Thanks for the update Rob and I agree, the current state of Quicken is abysmal.  Not only should the company be ashamed of the product they have produced but also their ineffectiveness and inefficiency in how they are handling issues that should have never seen the light of day in the first place.  It all boils down to software development process and its quite obvious that Quicken's is severely lacking.  I too miss MS Money, now more than ever.   It might not have had all the features that Quicken has (although it wasn't far off) but the most important thing is that it was stable - something Quicken clearly isn't. 
    edited June 2018

I think if MS had continued development it would have far surpassed Quicken.  I continued to use MS Money until about 2010 when finally my bank and credit card stopped supporting MS formatted downloads.  A truly sad day. 
  • Shawn AebyShawn Aeby Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I too am on 9.30 as of today and am still having the same problem.
  • LarryLarry Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    on v9.3 for a couple of days now and not seeing this problem reoccur.  Are you observing the same problem on an old transaction, or a new transaction?  
    edited June 2018
    Larry... are you able to add a new biller?  I can't really test if this is fixed until I can add a new biller as I had removed all my online billers because things were so screwed up.
    edited June 2018
    Installed 9.30 a couple of days ago, but today I used it for the first time to pay a recurring bill. And, as others have noted - the function is still broken.
    1. Opened reminders, selected the payment (monthly, due July 1) and clicked "Enter"
    2. Warning window showed that July 1 was a weekend, and suggested moving the date to 6/29. I accepted
    3. Payment appeared in transaction register
    4. Ran OSU, payment was transmitted, register shows "Sent"
    5. Re-opened reminders window - bill still shown as due on 7/1 !!!!!
    6. Selected it, clicked "Ignore" and NOW it moved to 8/1.
  • BryanBryan Member
    edited June 2018

Hello All,

Thank you,

Sarah

Confirming issues returned with 9.30.  Please fix!
  • richard13richard13 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I too installed 9.30 today and it's as if nothing has been updated.  The same shenanigans are going on.

Bills that have been paid in the past are showing up as due today.  I cleared all of those again by using "Update Biller".  This created bogus payments that I then had to go and delete lest I double-pay.  The very next time I ran "Update Accounts" all the bogus bills come right back again.  And the cycle repeats.  Same old story.

A couple of my bills showed that they "added a biller" when I did "Update Biller" today.  But not all.  Not sure what that's about.

Also still broken:

Bills & Income > Recent Payments only shows a few of the payments I have actually sent.

Home > Bill and Income Reminders are not in sync with Bills & Income > Upcoming.

Is there some action on me to have this work since you are saying it's "fixed"?  Do I need to delete all my bills and start over?
    Quicken 2019 Premier - Subscription - Windows 10 VM on a Mac ;)
  • Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I printed checks using the Bills and Income reminder.  I, too, had to use the drop-down "Mark as paid" to get rid of them and move them to the next due date.  The other issue I had when printing these checks, is that I post-dated some of them for 6/11/18.  Quicken changed these and dated all the checks for today, 6/4/18, and also changed the date in the register for today, instead of printing the checks for 6/11.  This has not always been the case.  It used to print the check for the date that I put in the register to print. I have the new update R9.30.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

I printed checks using the Bills and Income reminder.  I, too, had to use the drop-down "Mark as paid" to get rid of them and move them to the next due date.  The other issue I had when printing these checks, is that I post-dated some of them for 6/11/18.  Quicken changed these and dated all the checks for today, 6/4/18, and also changed the date in the register for today, instead of printing the checks for 6/11.  This has not always been the case.  It used to print the check for the date that I put in the register to print. I have the new update R9.30.

Susan,
    I can't help you with the Bill and Income Reminders issues. Sorry.
    As to checks being printed with today's date ... check your settings in Edit / Preferences / Write checks.
    Setting "Change date of checks to date when printed" should NOT have a checkmark.
This discussion has been closed.