Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• nooncasternooncaster Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
     I have the same problem and it seems to have started recently too
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
     I completed the update and still see an issue in the released fixes:
    Fixed: An issue where, in some cases, the Paid bills and the Ignored bills were displayed on the Bills dashboard

Bills that have been paid in the Bills list as due (beyond the original due date) 

Over the past few days this seems to be getting more out of control........ Anyone else seeing this?  A fix?  Suggestion?

Thanks.
  • Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled bill reminder not updating.

This seems to have started happening after the recent update (R9.30). When I make an online payment for a scheduled bill via Bill Reminder, the reminder for that bill remains in the reminder list, with the exact same due date. In the past, the reminder for that bill would be updated to the next due date. Is this a bug? I'm running Quicken Home & Business 2018 for Windows.

This has been happening since before R9.30 on Quicken Premier.  I think it started being an issue at R6.11 update. or maybe before.  People have been having issues with this for a while.  So sorry it is also happening to your version, too.
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled bill reminder not updating.

This seems to have started happening after the recent update (R9.30). When I make an online payment for a scheduled bill via Bill Reminder, the reminder for that bill remains in the reminder list, with the exact same due date. In the past, the reminder for that bill would be updated to the next due date. Is this a bug? I'm running Quicken Home & Business 2018 for Windows.

I completed the update R9.33 Build 27.1.9.33 this morning and still saw the issue.....what next?
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    rm1270 said:

Fixed: An issue where, in some cases, the Paid bills and the Ignored bills were displayed on the Bills dashboard

Bills that have been paid in the Bills list as due (beyond the original due date) 

Over the past few days this seems to be getting more out of control........ Anyone else seeing this?  A fix?  Suggestion?

Thanks.

I too completed the update R9.33 Build 27.1.9.33 this morning and still saw the issue.....what next?
  • miklkmiklk SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    miklk said:

People may want to look at the recently posted 27.1.9.33 June update Mondo Patch

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows

It has NOT officially addressed Billers in release notes but in my testing, I am not getting the auto-enter bug related to linked reminders.

I have not tested yet for specifically the paid bills remaining as main topic in this thread buy may be worth a look to those that want to see if it was addressed at all (like the auto-enter related bug).

Unfortunately, even though my test file is working fine, one of my real files is still having the auto-enter bug so even though it may have addressed something related, it is NOT fixed in 9.33
  • edited June 2018
    Maybe more insight...   I have a bill that has a linked online bill and reminder.  I paid the bill on the 29th of May but on the next update the bill showed up as past due with the reminder amount and put a past due transaction in my calendar.  Somehow I got the Online bill to stop showing up (either ignore or mark as paid) but the calendar entry was still there.  I decided to ignore it because when I keep trying to fix (mark it as paid or ignore the bill) the reminder moves out another month.  I think this is why some people have there reminders moved out several months.  They keep trying to get the bill to stop showing up and the reminder pushes out another month but the online bill reapers.

Anyway...   This bill that I paid was showing up only in the calander.  It was not in the reminders and not in the Online biller.  I tried to get it removed from the calander by going to the manual reminder section and chosing the bill and opening the edit this and all future reminders verifying the date is for next month (it was) and choosing done.  This removed it from the calander.  Problem solved....   Not so fast.   Next update the online bill from the previous month was showing up as past due.

Hopefully this will help.  I am in the camp of other here.  please revert the code to 4 months ago before this mess until you can resolve the issues.

BTW,  after not being able to update my capital one accounts for a few weeks,  that finally works agian.  It is not using the new procedure, but it is updateing.
    edited July 2018
    Let me edit this question --

Can someone explain the "Bills and Income" // "Bills Income and Transfers" page layout?

I don't see a method to the sorting...

Ok - I now see the sort listed at the top -- It is sorted by "due date" but it isn't!

The one bill I have the most trouble with is bill which I pay by paper check -- weekly on Monday.

It is separated from the rest of my bills on the bottom of the list.

I have a list of bills etc in order --
    THEN 2 utility bills listed as "waiting" for next bill.
    THEN bill reminders in no particular order--
    **06/15
    07/02
    06/11
    06/18
    06/25
    **06/15
    07/09 

Except for the 2 seperate bill reminders on 06/15 (starred) -- the other are the weekly series -- 

If you limit to the one weekly reminder, here are the dates listed (by due date)
    07/02
    06/11
    06/18
    06/25
    07/09

Doesn't look in order to me!

Thanks
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018

Let me edit this question --

Can someone explain the "Bills and Income" // "Bills Income and Transfers" page layout?

I don't see a method to the sorting...

Ok - I now see the sort listed at the top -- It is sorted by "due date" but it isn't!

The one bill I have the most trouble with is bill which I pay by paper check -- weekly on Monday.

It is separated from the rest of my bills on the bottom of the list.

I have a list of bills etc in order --
    THEN 2 utility bills listed as "waiting" for next bill.
    THEN bill reminders in no particular order--
    **06/15
    07/02
    06/11
    06/18
    06/25
    **06/15
    07/09 

Except for the 2 seperate bill reminders on 06/15 (starred) -- the other are the weekly series -- 

If you limit to the one weekly reminder, here are the dates listed (by due date)
    07/02
    06/11
    06/18
    06/25
    07/09

Doesn't look in order to me!

Thanks

Different issue, creating a new thread.

Please reference the new conversation here: Can Someone Explain the " Bills and Income" // 'Bills Income and Transfers" Page ...
    -Quicken Tyka
  • JackJack Member
    edited June 2018
    rm1270 said:

Thanks.

Same here.  Loaded R9.33 and was expecting relief.  Iv'e worked with tech support on this issue for 2 months.  Very frusting.  I have to enter each transaction by it self and do a Online submission. and then check my quicken register, quicken bill miner and Quicken bill pay.
    edited June 2018

I have the same problem and it seems to have started recently too

Is there any relation to the improper sorting of bills and the fact that paid bill still show up in reminders?
  • edited June 2018

So today, in an effort to make the balance forecast
    function useful again,  I deleted all my
    online bills to see if that cleared the issue, or if the issue was with the
    reminders.   

Deleting the Online billers seemed to clear
    the calendar of all the duplicates except one.  A bill that I paid on May 26th that
    is due every month on the 29th. 
    The bill kept showing up past due on the 31st of June.  I tried the normal trick of opening the
    reminder “This and all future reminders” and the reminder date was 6/29/2018.  This time it had no effect.  The bill still showed up past due on May 31st. 

So this time I tried changing the date to 6/28/2018 In Mange
    Reminders”, “This and all future reminders” and the past due instance of the
    bill disappeared.  Since the bill is due
    on the 29th.  I went back in
    and changed the date to the 29th and viola....   The past due bill reappeared.

• anonymous guyanonymous guy Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Paying from check reminder brings up the same reminder after it's been paid.

Quicken Home/Business 2018 Windows version R9.30 Build 27.1.9.30

Payment reminders are appear in the check register correctly and get marked for payment.  When I print checks on those items that were entered by a reminder, then they show up as paid, but then show up again as being due.  So I see two entries in the check register, one that's paid and the same one as due and throws off the check register balance.

More info: This just happened with payments for taxes that were identified as tax payments.  It has happened before but I don't recall if it was just on tax payments or for other items as well.  For the most part, I send payments through Quicken to Wells Fargo for check payments, only a few recipients get printed checks.
  • MattMatt Member
    edited December 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recurring reminders not advancing after being paid.

Quicken for Windows 2018 on Windows 10, vR9.30, Build 27.1.9.30. After entering a monthly recurring transaction from reminders and syncing Billpay so transaction shows as "paid" the reminder remains a "due" and does not advance to the next month reminder. I called and spoke with Carmen, Case# 01839660 was told to delete and recreate all reminders, and validate the data file in between. I did this with no impact.

It seems like this all started when the reminder "skip" function changed to "ignore", but I can be sure. See screen grab below showing "Sent" and Check # and Date and reminder still on same date showing "Due".
  • ScotProfScotProf Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Matt said:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Recurring reminders not advancing after being paid.

Quicken for Windows 2018 on Windows 10, vR9.30, Build 27.1.9.30. After entering a monthly recurring transaction from reminders and syncing Billpay so transaction shows as "paid" the reminder remains a "due" and does not advance to the next month reminder. I called and spoke with Carmen, Case# 01839660 was told to delete and recreate all reminders, and validate the data file in between. I did this with no impact.

It seems like this all started when the reminder "skip" function changed to "ignore", but I can be sure. See screen grab below showing "Sent" and Check # and Date and reminder still on same date showing "Due".

I, too, noticed that this problem seemed to be introduced at the same time as they changed "Skip" to "Ignore". Even if the two are unrelated, I'd ask that Quicken consider reverting to "Skip". To my mind, "Ignore" is an open term; it could mean "Ignore this instance of the reminder this time I am using Quicken, but remind me about it next time I use the program" - almost like a "snooze" function. In contrast, "Skip" is, to me, unambiguous and definitive - it means "ignore this instance of this reminder forever; don't mention it again". 
  • GLKNYGLKNY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Matt said:

Sorry, I disagree with your assessment of skip vs ignore.  For me to skip just means skip it once, not forever. Sort of like "skip a beat".
    edited June 2018
    Matt said:

If you skip a beat, that beat is gone forever.....you've skipped over it. And now you're waiting for the next beat (or, in the case of Quicken, you're waiting for the next iteration of the recurring reminder)
  • GLKNYGLKNY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Matt said:

You are making my case for me.   Correct, you are skipping let's say the reminder for June 1st, therefore I don't want to see it again (gone forever) I now want the next "beat" July 1.
    edited June 2018
    Matt said:

I think maybe you should re-read my original post. I wrote (I've added the upper case for emphasis):

"Skip" is, to me, unambiguous and definitive - it means "ignore THIS INSTANCE of this reminder forever; don't mention it again""
  • edited September 2018
    The problem I am encountering is bill reminders that skip forward. For example, I record May and the next due date is now July. The reminder in this case is once A month. This causes missed payments. I have been forced to create a checklist to ensure I dont miss a payment. This is a significant flaw that can lead to late fees and screwed up credit.
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited July 2018
    Well, is this ever going to get fixed? I am now down 40 points on my credit score.This is now costing me money. How can I (if I can) revert everything to the previous version? I am on the 9.3 release and NOTHING has changed.
    (Rant Redacted)
    I pay all bill through BoA using Quicken via BoA. Still having the same issue. I pay a bill it stays in the Bill Reminder list as due. I click it to skip the persistent reminder, and sometimes it skips ahead and forgets the following month.
    I want my functionality back.
    As you can see below, the bills have been uploaded to BoA and they are still in the reminder list.

• MykScotMykScot Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The 9.33 Update came out today (6/12) and this issue is STILL NOT FIXED! 
    edited June 2018

The problem I am encountering is bill reminders that skip forward. For example, I record May and the next due date is now July. The reminder in this case is once A month. This causes missed payments. I have been forced to create a checklist to ensure I dont miss a payment. This is a significant flaw that can lead to late fees and screwed up credit.

Had the same issue with bills missing a month
    edited June 2018

I reported something similar earlier in this thread. Soon after the Quicken update that introduced the problem (in which paid bills are still listed as "due" in reminders), I messed around with one particular monthly transaction, linking & unlinking it. I did it at least a couple of times. Then, when it was in "unlinked" status, I paid it -- and the next due date suddenly skipped forward not by ONE month, but by SEVERAL months.
  • Angie CAngie C Member
    edited June 2018

I have the same problem as well.  Every time I pay a bill I have to go back into the B&I tab and click on the Manage Manual Bills & Income to make sure that Quicken didn't skip the next month or more for the bill I just paid.

I upgraded from Quicken 2015, but it seems like, from what I have read, that Quicken 2017 worked fine and did not have these issues.  It would be nice if Quicken would revert its current users to the 2017 platform until they get their 2018 product functioning and actually ready for customers to use.
  • ericweinerericweiner Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I use a spreadsheet as a checklist so that I can account for all bills. Seems I missed my car lease in May. Thank you Quicken. I called them and they waived the penalty but had I not caught it it would have eventually been reported as 30 days late. I use quicken so I do not have these problems.
    edited June 2018

On many things, I have refused to go paperless.  I still get paper bills in the mail.  I then go into Quicken and change the amount and due date when necessary.  On the things I do have paperless and get alert on my phone, I go to Quicken and adjust the amount and due date from the info on my phone.  I have yet (thankfully) not ever had anything late, knock on wood.
  • BrentBrent Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I'm with Susan. I've never actually turned anything over to Online Bill Pay for exactly this reason. I use Bills & Income as a reminder, pay mostly online via Wells Fargo if it's not an ACH, and enter manually. But even so the problems persist. I'm staring at one right now. My main credit card comes up right about now, but it was totally missing in the timeline view that I keep it in. Timeline has nada for that day. However I've found that I can fish it out of the list under the Manage Manual Bills button in the upper right. It's there, I enter it and pay the check. The next instance is now for a month from now. Tonight I reopen Quicken, it's front and center in B&I, due now, but still missing from the timeline. Now I go into the Manage button, and it's back to being due now.

Kind of similar situation with a house insurance check a couple weeks ago. I entered it but then decided to move it to a different account that had built up more funds than it needed. So I moved and paid. Everything was fine for a week or so. Then I'm printing a check from the "original" account and suddenly a check for the insurance comes out also. Of course I void it and look back, and suddenly the unpaid insurance check (which was, remember, paid) has been reinstated in that account. Now, realize that I'm obsessive and keep the checkbook up to date also, and I had recorded several transactions after printing the check and Quicken was in balance with the checkbook. Until it suddenly just wasn't due to the check popping up.

So the issue is the entire Bills & Income area, not limited to OBP.

While I agree with the folks who would like to see the whole area moved back to a prior version, realize that changes may have been made throughout Quicken that make it impossible to just drop in a module of old code. Which is not an excuse for releasing code that apparently was QA'd by Dilbert's Elbonians.
  • john stegengajohn stegenga Member
    edited June 2018
    I just added an account, and One Step Update won't update it.  Man this program has gone off the rails. Really Really far off the rails. (yes Quicken, I did hit the "report a problem" button and send in all the logs, etc, so don't delete this post.).  I find it amazing that we have to keep paper records just to make sure quicken is not scrambling our data - but I'm doing exactly that. bought ledger books for each account and i'm documenting each transaction as I go... *sigh*.
  • Shawn AebyShawn Aeby Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Updated to 9.33 Wednesday morning, just now printed a check from an online bill in the reminders list...yup, still having same problem.
This discussion has been closed.