Paid bills still show up in reminders

Comments

• Rob WilliamsRob Williams Member
    edited July 2018
    Got prompted to install 9.34 this morning.
  • StephenStephen Member
    edited July 2018
    As a developer this seems like something that needs to be re-written. My paychecks are entering themselves weeks in advance and paid bill reminders are all over the calendar. Yesterday it dropped a $2200 visa payment I made indicating it was never sent. I verified with the bank and it was processed. After so many years of using Quicken I am very sorry I bought a subscription. In addition it appears the bank now has a Quicken banking charge which they wave due to my balances. What a bunch of crap. I am worried that the extent of the problem is much deeper and will create some problems for me unless I check things manually on a spreadsheet. This is just so unacceptable. The product is critical to my finances and investments and it is a huge POS. What did I pay for the application is not working as advertised. I better get some credit on this stupid subscription as this has been going on for months. Get your act together you will lose your customers if this continues.
  • FM WrightFM Wright Member
    edited June 2018

Prompted?!?!?! I started it up and the next thing I know, POOF, I am being updated without approval.
    edited July 2018
    Stephen said:

As a developer this seems like something that needs to be re-written. My paychecks are entering themselves weeks in advance and paid bill reminders are all over the calendar. Yesterday it dropped a $2200 visa payment I made indicating it was never sent. I verified with the bank and it was processed. After so many years of using Quicken I am very sorry I bought a subscription. In addition it appears the bank now has a Quicken banking charge which they wave due to my balances. What a bunch of crap. I am worried that the extent of the problem is much deeper and will create some problems for me unless I check things manually on a spreadsheet. This is just so unacceptable. The product is critical to my finances and investments and it is a huge POS. What did I pay for the application is not working as advertised. I better get some credit on this stupid subscription as this has been going on for months. Get your act together you will lose your customers if this continues.

I too work for a SW company. If I released something like this my entire team would have been unemployed after the first botched attempt at fixing it.
    edited July 2018
    Is it just me, or have all the actual Quicken employees disappeared from this thread over the past week or so????
  • ericweinerericweiner Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

In my case, Quicken starts and it tries to update. Windows asks me if I want to allow that action. I click no.
    edited July 2018
    I think we have all established that the reminders are broken. I am not sure there is much more for them to say except to keep us up to date on a fix. If they are like most development teams, unless this issue is categorized as a critical bug (no work around), it gets put in the backlog for eventual repair. Since we are all doing some sort of work-around, I am sure they have not prioritized it.

The only other possibility, is that they are in the process of transforming the product. If that is the case then little to no effort will be spent on the current release.
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I tried "Check for updates" - no update available.  I opened/closed, no update offered.  Quicken website indicates 9.33 is latest version.

Anyone even have details on what is in 9.34 and if it's an official release?  Are they rolling it out to a control group and not providing any information on it?  
  • Barry SchnellBarry Schnell Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    FM Wright said:

Is it just me, or have all the actual Quicken employees disappeared from this thread over the past week or so????

Beyond the fact that this issue has existed for 4 months, the lack of communication from Quicken on this issue especially considering the amount of activity on this thread is the worst part in all of this.  

As mentioned throughout this thread, people rely on Quicken to manage their finances, something that it is unable to do currently and worse yet, makes even more challenging compared to not using it at all.

At the very least, Quicken owes its customers an ETA on resolution and assurances that they are going to improve their internal practices to avoid situations similar to this in the future.
  • jas00jas00 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018

Don't know about 9.34, but I found the release notes for 9.33 here:

https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-mondo-patch-2018-release-quicken-windows
  • rm1270rm1270 Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    FM Wright said:

Agree that they owe their customers some response and ETA!!!  We pay for this product and lack of response means as long as they have our money -- they don't care!
  • N11N11 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hello Mr. Dunn or your Designee--
    I'll keep this brief since two threads on Get Satisfaction have more than enough details.
    I'm

a long time Quicken user and have been a huge fan until recently. Now

however, Quicken is broken at a very basic level. It seems to be the

equivalent of Excel not being able to add 2+2 which would clearly not be

acceptable.

The two Get Satisfaction threads are:
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/paid-bills-still-show-up-in-reminders

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-premier-2018-itemized-categories-report-...

Please

let me stress again these are basic functionality issues and have been

broken for quite a while. I went back and watched your update video from

8/3/17 and it held so much promise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3miaLILh6nc
    Please compare the promise of that update with the reality of the two threads above.

It

is clear that folks generally love Quicken and entrust their financial

record keeping to it. That trust is being eroded in a very serious way. I

ask that you or your office escalate these issues to the highest

possible priority.
    Thanks for your consideration.
  • Susan BraselSusan Brasel Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Have been wondering since all this started, whether or not the developers and other people who work at Quicken, actually use Quicken, and if they are running into the same problems that we are.
  • Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Yes, this is still broken in 27.1.9.33. Just today, I entered a reminder, it appeared fine in the register, but it remains as a "due" reminder. It did not cycle to the next scheduled reminder. I had to "ignore" the current instance to get it to move ahead.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win7 Pro & Win10 Pro.
    edited June 2018

Yes, this is still broken in 27.1.9.33. Just today, I entered a reminder, it appeared fine in the register, but it remains as a "due" reminder. It did not cycle to the next scheduled reminder. I had to "ignore" the current instance to get it to move ahead.

Am am pretty far back on the 2018 version. This is the only issue I have with the product. Leaping reminders Batman...
  • Leo A LovelyLeo A Lovely Member
    edited June 2018
    N11 said:

I'll keep this brief since two threads on Get Satisfaction have more than enough details.
    I'm

acceptable.

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/paid-bills-still-show-up-in-reminders

https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/quicken-premier-2018-itemized-categories-report-...

Please

8/3/17 and it held so much promise - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3miaLILh6nc
    Please compare the promise of that update with the reality of the two threads above.

It

possible priority.

Well said. Thank you.
    edited June 2018
    N11 said:

I'm

acceptable.

Please

It

possible priority.

Yes. 
  • MykScotMykScot Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    The 9.34 Update came out today (6/15) and this issue is STILL NOT FIXED! 
    edited December 2018
    Although the recent updates seem to have helped, but not fully resolved the issue, I have noticed a couple other problems.

First, on some of my linked bills, the next "estimated" bill (from my monthly reminder) is a month later than when it should be.  So my Visa bill, due the 19th of every month and estimated at $2000 a month, has the correct amount due for June 19th, but in projected balances, does not reappear until 8/19.  When that bill is paid next week I will be curious to see if it will show the next one due 7/19.  Regardless, the projected balances is inaccurate at this moment in time.  For me, projected balances are critical to my money management processes.

Second, once a reminder is linked to a biller, I see no way to go and edit that monthly estimate.  All non linked bills have an option to "edit this instance and all future instances" but that option is missing from linked billers.  So how do I handle the issue when my cable bill goes from $150 a month to $200 a month?  My initial instinct would be to dump Comcast but my wife won't have that.  So how in Quicken do I update the monthly estimate?

Third, in Calendar view, it shows my balance for all account.  If I go into Full Calendar and then Option/Select Calendar accounts, it shows only one account checked.  I click OK and the calendar correctly reflects the balance I'm interested.  But every time I restart Quicken, the balance view goes back to all account.  And I noticed that related to issue #1 above, even though the Calendar view balance reflects the 8/19 estimated payment, there is no actual entry in the calendar.  The balance goes from ~$8000 on the 18th to $6000 on the 19th with no payment to Visa for $2000 listed.

This is incredibly frustrating and I regret now having paid for a 2 year subscription.
    edited June 2018
    N11 said:

I'm

acceptable.

Please

It

possible priority.

Very nicely written.  Let us know if you get a response.  If will speak volumes of Mr. Dunn's integrity.
    edited July 2018
    Your first new item is not new. I have a much older 2018 version and it skips months. Been reported on this thread.

Your second item, what is a linked biller? I can adjust my bill reminder list. If you are referring to an recurring automatic bill that gets paid even if you dont send the payment through BillPay...I think you have to stop and the recreate if the amount varies.
    edited June 2018

Your first new item is not new. I have a much older 2018 version and it skips months. Been reported on this thread.

Your second item, what is a linked biller? I can adjust my bill reminder list. If you are referring to an recurring automatic bill that gets paid even if you dont send the payment through BillPay...I think you have to stop and the recreate if the amount varies.

Well if it's not new they still haven't fixed it.  A linked biller takes a bill reminder and links it to a biller so you can automatically connect online to the biller and get your latest amount due. I don't use BillPay and I could unlink the biller and then adjust the monthly reminder but I shouldn't have to do that.  That would be just ridiculous.
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bills & Income.

The Bills, Income & Transfers view isn't refreshing and removing items I've already taken action on.  They just remain in the view, as if I hadn't paid the bill........or other required action.  I've used the manual refresh, and they're still in the view.  Options, fixes?

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property, for Windows 2018, R9.34
  • Robert ArmaniRobert Armani Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    From the dropdown on the right select "mark as paid", and see what happens.
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited June 2018

Not sure what dropdown you're suggesting?  I don't find anything that says 'mark as paid'.

• MattMatt Member
    edited June 2018
    Just upgraded to 9.34 and confirmed did not fix things, even after doing a file validation where it the log said "fixed 3 scheduled transactions"..(was hopeful). However, @Quicken Sarah, I did notice 2 things I had not noticed before that might help in debugging...

1) Referring to these tabs:
    I noticed that the monthly scheduled transaction I entered (prior to One Step Update) completely disappeared from the All Bills & Deposits tab, whereas previously (when all was working right) the entry would remain and to the left of it would say To Send instead of Scheduled.

Then after One Step Update, previously (when all was working right) the entries would refresh and that monthly entry would shift down to it's next scheduled position (or be replaced). Now after One Step Update the original scheduled entry just re-appeared as scheduled again.

I bet if you figure out why it disappeared you may find out why it is not advancing.

2) When all was working well previously, sometimes I would enter a scheduled transaction by typing it into the register and letting the memorized transaction auto fill then edit the amount. When I would hit enter or save, Quicken would recognize it and do a pop-up message of something like "is this entry the same as the scheduled entry for date _____?"  When I would say yes, then Quicken would update the scheduled transaction appropriately.

I just realized that about the same time as the scheduled transactions quit advancing, it seems that Quicken quit checking or could no longer identify that something entered in the register is the same as the scheduled transaction, so I no longer get that message.

That seems consistent with the overall issue of Quicken not recognizing the Paid entry in the register so it does not advance the scheduled entry to the next period.

Might there be something that is getting appended or removed from the register entry such that the records don't match in the digital world but look the same to us?

I know how hard you are all working to solve this, so I just hope in some way this might help.

Thanks,
    Matt
  • edited June 2018
    N11 said:

I'm

acceptable.

Please

It

possible priority.

Agree with above. This is basic functionality on which I have relied for years. I have used Quicken since 1996, but getting close to breaking point. 
  • john stegengajohn stegenga Member
    edited June 2018

The drop down next to the "enter" box...
  • KERRY MUNSONKERRY MUNSON Member
    edited June 2018
    N11 said:

I'm

acceptable.

Please

It

possible priority.

I'm currently running Quicken 2018 R9.34, and there are still many items that have not been fixed; namely that bills show up in the bill reminder even AFTER I have paid them.  It's caused me to make duplicate payments and leave me short on money when this happens.  I am not very happy with 2018 at all.  I should never have upgraded from Quicken 2016.

Come on, Quicken developers!  Quit breaking basic functionality and be more thorough in your testing.  I'm a software engineer myself, and certainly wouldn't let things like this get by me.
    edited July 2018
    So I went to process my payment for July today. Using my check list I made and confirmed each payment. After all were entered I looked to be sure the next schedule date was the next month. Everything was good.

I did a one step update and everything processed fully.

I then decided to look again on the schedule payment timing and those payees that were processed leaped forward a month. Payee that were not paid remained fine.

QUICKEN TEAM:

Here is a significant clue...seems the dates are being pushed forward during or just after the one step update process completes.

Perhaps this insight can help you to find the issue and repair it?

Please respond to this post acknowledging receipt this new information and that you have taken steps to alert the developers.
This discussion has been closed.