Quicken, please explain why you don't allow page scaling for reports... seriously? (printing to a .p

Quicken, please explain why you don't allow page scaling for reports... seriously?? (printing to a .pdf adds extra steps to a basic funtion)
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser
    edited March 2018
    I believe page scaling is a function of the printer. If the scaling feature is not available for the printer you have chosen to print to, Quicken would be unable to scale the print out.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • w0907aw0907a Member
    edited December 2018
    I have the same problem.  The scaling feature is grayed out, regardless of the printer I select and all of my printers are capable of scaling.  Also, the printout both on-screen and on-paper is in the upper right 1/4 of the page and unreadable.  Does anyone else have this problem?  This problem started with Q-2018, I never had it in all previous versions.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator
    edited April 2018
    w0907a said:

I have the same problem.  The scaling feature is grayed out, regardless of the printer I select and all of my printers are capable of scaling.  Also, the printout both on-screen and on-paper is in the upper right 1/4 of the page and unreadable.  Does anyone else have this problem?  This problem started with Q-2018, I never had it in all previous versions.

Hello w09087a, appreciate your question.

Can you provide us with a screen shot of the issue?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • w0907aw0907a Member
    edited April 2018
    w0907a said:

Hello Harold,
    Following this I have posted a screenshot.  Also note that this same problem was posted in 2017-2018 under a different thread, the solution remained print to PDF then print from PDF.
  • w0907aw0907a Member
    edited April 2018
  • UKRUKR SuperUser
    edited September 2018

Verify that your printer's System Properties are set to 8.5*11 standard paper and NOT Auto-detect paper or photo-print or something similar.

I remember some old posts that attributed the little page preview to a screen rendering issue, but if you say that it also prints on paper at reduced size I'm more leaning towards a printer setup issue.

• Davis CookeDavis Cooke Member
    edited October 2018
    Page scaling works with all my other programs, just not with Quicken.  It's all greyed-out, so you don't have the option of "fit to one page wide" even in legal size.  This has been an issue for years.  Please help.
  • Ed S.Ed S. Member
    edited December 2018
    w0907a said:

Was this problem ever resolved?  I have had this problem for a long time now and it doesn't appear that Quicken is working on a solution.  Please advise. 
  • Ed S.Ed S. Member
    edited December 2018
    w0907a said:

Mine will not even work with the PDF 2 step workaround.  I was on the phone with a support technician for 30 minutes.  He acknowledged the issue.  Had me validate my database (makes no sense as to what this has to do with the print option in Quicken).  I did as he suggested, still have the same problem.  We got cut off on the phone.  he never called back.  Does Quiken care about this issue at all?  I've been a loyal customer since 1992.  
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator
    edited December 2018
    w0907a said:

Hello Ed.

We humbly apologize for not getting back in touch with you. After reviewing the case notes of this call, there was a note saying that the call was disconnected. We do want to ensure that our customers are taken care of with their needs.. 

Looking at the screen shot from w0907a, this is being sent to a Network printer which is not locally connected to the computer, therefore it scales down because of the issues with the network printer and the drivers associated that might not be properly installed. 

We would like to work with you and w0907a with this issue further, so please give us a call back at Quicken Support and request a screen share.  We would like to look into this issue further and work with you towards resolution.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Dave IngsDave Ings Member
    edited December 2018
    I have the same problem, for both PDF and physical printing, on a brand new Windows 10 install. I have never had this problem before (and have used Quicken for 20 years). It does not matter whether I'm printing to 'Microsoft Print to PDF" or printing to my networked "HP Officejet Pro 8620", the scale option is greyed out ... strongly suggesting this is NOT a printer setup issue.

Update: I run 64 bit Windows 10 and apparently the Quicken installer has issues installing the Quicken PDF printer on 64 bits (versus the Microsoft PDF printer I was trying to use). Following the installation instructions at the link below solved my PDF printing & scaling problem (although the HP 8620 problem remains):

https://www.quicken.com/support/not-able-print-pdf-windows-64-bit-systems
  • Davis CookeDavis Cooke Member
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for taking the time to send this out.  I went through the whole procedure, but with no luck!  The only part of it I was unable to do was #15 as mine showed Amyuni Document Converter 400 instead of 300.  Don't know if that made a difference?  Everything else was easy to find and make your recommended adjustments.  Still can't access "fit to one page" when trying to print on Quicken.  Thanks for Trying
    Davis Cooke
  • craigeryjohncraigeryjohn Member
    edited January 15
    This is a ridiculous issue that's been present since I've been using Quicken 10 years ago.  I constantly have to print to a PDF, save it somewhere, open it, scale it, print, then go delete that PDF just to get reports to print on a single page.  This is never a problem with literally any other program I use on my various computers, any printer I've had, any operating system....just Quicken.  A simple thing they could fix at any time, but given it's been a decade, it seems they're not interested.