NEW 03/02/17: Issues logging in to Quicken.com and using Cloud Sync

When trying to update Quicken I am getting prompted for my Quicken ID and password. The one I have on record doesn't work. When I go to quicken.com to reset my password, I am unable to get the system to reset my password. Something is not working correctly. I keep getting the error
"Oops! Something went wrong.

Please try again, and if it still 

doesn't work, let us know."

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello philhong01,

For issues with the Quicken ID, we would recommend contacting Quicken Support at 650-250-1900.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Jason PeavyJason Peavy Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm having the same issue, i was on just fine then the sign in box popped up in the middle of looking at my financials....and now my user id and password will not log me into quicken
  • Jimmy MorganJimmy Morgan Member
    edited March 2018
    I am having the same issue.  I was able to reset my password, but can't update my file.
  • AZSnowbirdAZSnowbird Member
    edited March 2018
    Me too. No doubt support doesn't open for another hour or more in CA so we go for coffee!!
  • JIMOJIMO Member
    edited March 2018
    Similar problem.  Quicken web site says my email address does not exist!
  • Ron RistichRon Ristich Member
    edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled One Step Update failing.

It appears the back-end update for last night is still ongoing as 8 of my 10 accounts failed to update this morning with "error on the Quicken server" messages
  • DavidSmithDavidSmith Member
    edited March 2018
    same here
  • Sean CotterSean Cotter Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm having the same issue as well
  • HKBHKB Member
    edited April 2018
    Quicken requests yet is unable to process Quicken account login.  Urgent action required.
    edited April 2018
    Hello all,

We are aware of the situation with the logging into Quicken. We are working on a resolution, and it will be resolved as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • F ParrotF Parrot Member
    edited March 2018
    I was able to get through but one step update is failing on all accounts. When I did just one that particular one updated.
  • edited March 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Oops! Something went wrong." after entering password.

It looks like this problem is back again. After launching Quicken Home & Business 2108 (R3.12, 27.1.3.12) this morning, I was presented with the login box.  I entered my password  and saw:

Oops! Something went wrong.
    Please try again, and if it still 
    doesn't work, let us know.

On the off chance it would help, I went through the "Forgot your password" process to set a new password, but to no avail.  It worked properly at about 8:00AM ET today, but I can't login anymore.

• alexalex Member
    edited March 2018
    When the servers are down, don't lock users out of their desktop app. This isn't a pure SaaS product -- we have installed applications. Downtime happens to everyone sometimes, but, when it happens, allow users to use the application that they're paying for.
  • IndyIndy Member
    edited March 2018
    I too am prompted with the Quicken Log-on box and it won't accept my logon/password which have been the same for years.
  • CharlieCharlie Member
    edited April 2018
    Harold, why doesn't Quicken give us advance notice of such a change - all my banks do? Why do I have to find this Community, oh BTW, Quicken change Community URL's so prior sign-ons don't work, to see your Notice.
     Now, I can't access my own records or communicate with various Institutions. After all these many years, your company, Intuit, Quicken or whomever you are calling yourselves, screw the users yet again.
    Apologies are useless when your organization makes rookie mistakes.
  • Mark UyemuraMark Uyemura Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm wondering why Quicken needs online access to operate?! The quicken data file is saved on the user computer. During this server problem, I can't use Quicken AT ALL. You guys really need to figure out a better way to handle server problems, where it doesn't brick the application when offline. Geez.
    edited March 2018
    Charlie said:

Harold, why doesn't Quicken give us advance notice of such a change - all my banks do? Why do I have to find this Community, oh BTW, Quicken change Community URL's so prior sign-ons don't work, to see your Notice.
     Now, I can't access my own records or communicate with various Institutions. After all these many years, your company, Intuit, Quicken or whomever you are calling yourselves, screw the users yet again.

Hello Charlie,

We announced yesterday that the servers would be offline from 8:30pm until 9:30pm Pacific Time for maintenance. During the maintenance period, issues came up regarding syncing and logging into Quicken ID's because of the maintenance. The engineers are working on it and it will be resolved as soon as possible..

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • JIMOJIMO Member
    edited March 2018
    All good now.  Thank you!
    edited March 2018
    alex said:

When the servers are down, don't lock users out of their desktop app. This isn't a pure SaaS product -- we have installed applications. Downtime happens to everyone sometimes, but, when it happens, allow users to use the application that they're paying for.

You're totally right. I consider this a big flaw: If the Quicken servers go down, the desktop app does down with it! Who designed THAT?!
    edited March 2018

Hello all,

We are aware of the situation with the logging into Quicken. We are working on a resolution, and it will be resolved as soon as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Please communicate this to your engineering team about their "feature": Don't tie the online login (and your servers,) to the operation of the application. Quicken should be able to operate WITHOUT access to the login. I can't use Quicken at all now.
  • CharlieCharlie Member
    edited March 2018

I'm wondering why Quicken needs online access to operate?! The quicken data file is saved on the user computer. During this server problem, I can't use Quicken AT ALL. You guys really need to figure out a better way to handle server problems, where it doesn't brick the application when offline. Geez.

Mark, they want to Control us. It was such a useless step to add. They are acting like a newbie Company with a freshman designer & accounting team.
    "Damn the User, full speed ahead."
    I think they want to force us out of the Desktop & go with mobile & Cloud. Think of it: every three years you are forced to update & there's nothing really new. In fact, regression bugs occur.
    Only game in town mentality.

edited March 2018

They could take a page from the Chrome OS (or countless other applaications,) that go into an offline mode when it can't reach the company servers or an internet connection isn't available. Come on guys.
  • CharlieCharlie Member
    edited March 2018
    Charlie said:

Harold, thank you for your reply.

Where was it announced? Just here?
    I received no emails telling me of such. I received no Windows Quicken notice.
    If it was just here, how many users come here on a daily basis?
     Who in your organization made these decisions that affect thousands of users? Notice should have gone out days before. A one hour change and all is well: It really speaks of inexperience.

Nothing personal to you Harold. We just get really annoyed at Quicken & its ownership over many years of mishaps. I've been using Q since early 1990's so I've been around the block who so many goofs.
    edited March 2018
    Charlie said:

Not really "announcing" it when a user had to start this thread at 7 am PST THE NEXT DAY.
    edited March 2018
    Charlie said:

Hello Charlie,

I have submitted your information to our leadership team in the event that this happens again. 

Thanks for the feedback.
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • CharlieCharlie Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank you, Harold.
  • Linda MoranLinda Moran Member
    edited March 2018
    This should never have happened. It is terrifying to be told your tried and true password doesn't work. Any customer would immediately wonder if there's been a security breach. I finally got in, but my heart rate is still elevated.
  • Rob BurnetteRob Burnette Member
    edited March 2018
    Not only does mine not work, I get a "Preparing to Install" message and locks up the application.
    edited April 2018
    Hello all,

It appears that everyone has gotten into Quicken using their Quicken ID, so this thread is being closed.

If you have any continual issues with your Quicken ID, please post a new thread.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.