Please Select At Least One Account

Updated to Q2018.  Whenever I go to Account overview and try to adjust the graph I get the message "please select atleast one account".  I have selected and un selected accounts.  I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, File Maintenance.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug...

Quicken user 10+ years
(Updated) To Add Image of Error

Comments

• GoQwknGoQwkn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Appears to be a bug. I am having the same issue after the most recent Quicken for Windows 2018 Premier update to version R6.12 Build 27.1.6.12.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

When you select "Account Overview", what account register is open on screen?
    All my attempts to access Account Overview from the gear icon of an account register have produced proper results. I can't reproduce your error.

(Q 2018 R 6.12)

• kolziekolzie Member
    edited December 2018
    I get this same error when trying to customize the securities in Portfolio X-ray.  
    Using Quicken Windows 2018 R6.12.image
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    kolzie said:

I get this same error when trying to customize the securities in Portfolio X-ray.  

If you haven't already, I suggest you review the holdings of your customized list of accounts.image
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • kolziekolzie Member
    edited March 2018
    kolzie said:

Thanks, I had tried it.  It allows me to select all accounts or any custom accounts without a problem, but the error appears when I pick any custom list of securities.  If I select all securities, it works fine (with all accounts or custom accounts selected).
  • SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    kolzie said:

If you select All accounts, are you able to customize the list of securities?
    Quicken user since 1997 
    Premier on Windows 10 
  • kolziekolzie Member
    edited March 2018
    kolzie said:

No, same problem if I select all accounts.  I must then select all securities to avoid this message.  If I have selected all accounts, then any custom list of securities generates this message.
  • GoQwknGoQwkn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I get the error when I attempt to customize graphs which I had previously setup in a dashboard.  Issue surfaced after the Quicken Windows R 6.12 update.  Although I have accounts selected, I get the dialog box asking to select at least one account.

• QPWQPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    kolzie said:

There is a similar problem with customizing the projected balances graph.
    When I found that problem and reported it, Quicken Inc said they couldn't reproduce it in their data files, but could in the test one I sent them.

So there is something about it that makes it data file dependent.

Note too, I can reproduce this problem in my data file for the "Overview/At least one Account" error (which BTW has a typo in the error message, it should be at least, not atleast {reported that too})

In the case of the projected balances, I was able to select certain accounts, but not others.  As a workaround I was able to rename the account I wanted to select so that it was at the top of the list and then I could select it.  And then rename it back.

In the case with the "Overview" I have not found any combination that lets me workaround it.  I don't used the Overview (or X-Ray for that matter) so those don't affect me.  But since it is popping up in several places it must be some common code, so once the fix it, it will be fixed everywhere.
  • wanuvienwanuvien Member
    edited March 2018
    Thank You All for Replies.

I still have the problem with "Account Overview Graph", But found a work around for the data graph I was looking for.  I still feel this is a bug in last update.

To get the graph I need I still click the "gear" and Account Overview (Can not modify here, error).  I then click the graph and go into "Report Mode".  Here I am able to produce the graph (Net Worth) I am looking for.  This is far from a fix.

I have customized graphs that require the "Account Overview" on my dash and they are still not updating (not sense last update R6.12 Build 27.1.6.12)

-Wanuvien
  • KnnNikeKnnNike Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Just to add one more instance of this...when I try to customize reports on the "Debt" page under the Property & Debt tab, I also get this message. 
  • Bob_LBob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I get that "Please select atleast one account" error on the Investing Tab> Performance menu.  QW2018 R6.12
    Quicken Premier Subscription, Windows 10 Pro
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello All,

This is a known issue with Quicken and our Development team is working on it, and plan to have it resolved soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

QWIN-12947
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    To add to the list of places where this error appears, I also see it when trying to customize the securities to include in the Investing/Allocations view. If I select anything other than All securities, this message appears.

I think this problem is new with QWin 2018 R7.5
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • edited April 2018
    This also occurs in portfolio x ray.  It is especially frustrating because x ray also has to be constantly updated to reflect actual current securities in my holdings.   So the error was discovered after updating the securities manually (wasted work).  
    edited April 2018
    UKR said:

When you select "Account Overview", what account register is open on screen?
    All my attempts to access Account Overview from the gear icon of an account register have produced proper results. I can't reproduce your error.

(Q 2018 R 6.12)

@UKR, I had trouble seeing this as well, because I usually only look at the overview for investing accounts, where it shows the holdings rather than the graph.

With QWin 2018 R7.5 I am seeing it when I try to customize the graph on the Account Overview of any account other than an investing account, by changing the date range for example. 
  • ScooterlamScooterlam SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    FWIW, this error is also thrown by selecting "custom" accounts in Investing>Performance>Portfolio Value vs. Cost Basis graph.  See image.

Under "custom", It seems to throw this error when I select all 3 of my Merrill Edge accounts.  1 MLE is fine, 2 is fine but all three....throws the error.   I can even select all three ME account and throw in one of my Raymond James accounts and its fine - no error thrown.  

So, Ive deactivated all my ME accounts and reactivated....no luck.

I'm running 2018 QW HBR r7.5

Any ETA on fix?

Scott

• GoQwknGoQwkn Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    GoQwkn said:

I get the error when I attempt to customize graphs which I had previously setup in a dashboard.  Issue surfaced after the Quicken Windows R 6.12 update.  Although I have accounts selected, I get the dialog box asking to select at least one account.

In my situation (customizing graphs in a View) I've noticed the bug appears when I don't have at least one "Investment" account selected even if I have selected one or more "Retirement" accounts.  For a workaround the bug, I created a new dummy brokerage account with nothing inside it, which I select for the "Investment" account.  The graph is not affected because the dummy account value is zero.
    edited April 2018
    Looks like 2018 R8.8 has fixed this! (I checked a couple of places so can't say for sure on all of them).
    edited August 2018
    I can report, for me, this error is still being thrown in the Investing>Performance>Portfolio Value vs. Cost Basis graph.  See my post above for more detail.

Anyone else continue to see this issue in r8.8?  

I didn't see this issue as fixed in r8.8 release notes - was it supposed to be fixed Quicken folks?

Scott
    2018 QW HBR r8.8
    edited April 2018
    I double checked and do not get that error on that snapshot. (I have many investment accounts that are checked).
  • GoQwknGoQwkn Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I am still seeing the error in 2018 QW Premier R8.8 in my situation (customizing graphs in a View) I've noticed the bug appears when I don't have at least one "Investment" account selected even if I have selected one or more "Retirement" accounts.  For a workaround the bug, I created a new dummy brokerage account with nothing inside it, which I select for the "Investment" account.  The graph is not affected because the dummy account value is zero.
  • edited April 2018
    This specific error seems to have been resolved.  BUT...in Portfolio X-Ray, in the windows in which you select the accounts and securities to include, the program erratically RESETS to the "select all" option (in my case, in the securities window).  Quite frustrating....
    edited August 2018
    Why is this thread marked as "solved"?  Is the issue really resolved?  Was the fix Quicken Harold spoke of 1 month ago actually released in r8.8?

FWIW, still an issue for me.

Scott
    2018 QW HBR r8.8
  • edited April 2018
     The error described in this string is still occurring.

When trying to adjust a graph an error message pops up saying "Please select at least one account" when accounts are already selected. Unselecting and reselecting does not help.
    I am using Quicken Premier 2018 Version R8.8 Build 27.1.8.8

Can anyone provide a solution to this problem?
    edited November 2018
    To summarize the recent comments on this issue, it is partially resolved in QWin 2018 R8.8.

In the Investing Performance view and perhaps elsewhere, you must still have at least one non-retirement account selected to avoid the (still misspelled "atleast") error message.

I no longer see this error dialog in the X-Ray, but I did have to re-select the accounts and securities several times to get the X-ray to use the correct accounts and securities. 
  • fpfp Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    R 8.8 did not fix this

I have Premier R 8.8 and am getting this error in portfolio XRAY and in the Allocations analysis tab, but only with a custom check list of selected accounts. IF I use "all" or "investment" or retirement" under the first tab it works, but not if I select say only my wife's retirement accounts under custom. 

Please fix this!!!   This is the main reason I have used Quicken for years and the main reason Ii am happy to pay the yearly fee
    edited May 2018
    fp said:

R 8.8 did not fix this

I have Premier R 8.8 and am getting this error in portfolio XRAY and in the Allocations analysis tab, but only with a custom check list of selected accounts. IF I use "all" or "investment" or retirement" under the first tab it works, but not if I select say only my wife's retirement accounts under custom. 

Please fix this!!!   This is the main reason I have used Quicken for years and the main reason Ii am happy to pay the yearly fee

I agree this is still not working correctly.

As noted above, you may be able to avoid the error message by including an Investment type account in your selection. This should work even if the extra account is empty, so it won't affect the results.
    edited May 2018
    fp said:

R 8.8 did not fix this

Me too. I had all accounts checked when I first checked. (Though there was an improvement in the update which in my case clears the problem)
  • HarveyHarvey Member
    edited August 2018
    Hello Harold,
    The other day a Quicken Update came through on my machine.  The update was Q2018-R9.30-27.1.9.30.  In my review of the release notes, I found mention that this release was addressing the issue contained in the error "Please select At Least One Account".
    However, after doing the update, starting Q18 several times since then, I find that the error is still present on my machine.  
    Since your last comment to the community was a few months ago, would you please update us, (a) as to if the R9.30 release was indeed intended to fix this issue for everyone or just a few, and (b) what is the latest as to expectations for a final correction to the issue for everyone?
    Thank you, Harvey