Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

QWIN projected balance graph not showing some transactions

2»

Comments

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @GeoDosch

Thank you for installing the latest release and confirming that this issue with the projected balance persists.

I've updated the ticket with Development with this information and re-reported that entered future transactions are still omitted from the graph plot details.

I do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved, once a solution is available it will be sent out as part of a future release.

Thank you again,

Sarah
  • GeoDosch
    GeoDosch Windows Beta Beta
    Thanks for the update Sarah.  I appreciate your attention to this issue.
  • Ann Arbor
    Ann Arbor Member ✭✭
    Updated to R19.43, ran the "Validate and Repair", issue not fixed.
  • Ann Arbor
    Ann Arbor Member ✭✭
    Updated to R19.44, ran the "Validate and Repair", some of the bills are now visible. Others are still not visible.
  • Can anyone share if there has been an update on this yet? Is there a timeline from Quicken to resolve? This is an enormous inconvenience.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can anyone share if there has been an update on this yet? Is there a timeline from Quicken to resolve? This is an enormous inconvenience.
    Have you upgraded to the recently released Q 2019 Release R 22.12 yet?
    I don't know if this specific problem was resolved, but you can find the download file and the What's New information here:
  • Yes, I upgraded earlier this week, and the problem persists. Thank you for the suggestion!
  • Doug Obee
    Doug Obee Member ✭✭
    You should change the title for this topic to start "2019 "etc. In another two months it can be changed again to start with "2020"etc.
  • GeoDosch
    Any updates on this issue? I'm still seeing the problem, and it's been 10 months since it was reported and acknowledged by Quicken.
  • itasara
    itasara Member ✭✭
    I was trying to look at the Graphs and I find it all very confusing. I have been trying to itemize as many entries as I can, so part of it is my fault because maybe I have too many different topics for my entries. still What I see on the graphs doesn't compute for me. Also once in a graph, I have a problem getting back to my checkbook view. Sometime I find the right icon to go back and other-times I don't see it. I could call and sometime I will but it depends on who answers as to how much help I really get. at this point I would like to find a way to fix all the categories to be more homogeneous but do not know the secret to this.I would like to delete some categories but can't figure out how.
  • GeoDosch
    @itasara, the graph this topic refers to is the 'Projected Balances" graph under the "Bills & Income" tab. That doesn't show any categories, just transactions by account. I'm not sure which graph you're looking at, though you should be able to close the graph window, and/or click on the Account Bar to get back to your register (depending upon which graph it is.)

Creating many categories should not cause any problems. But if you've created a new category by mistake, where there was already an existing one under a slightly different name, then yes, that does make it harder to track things.

Normally Quicken will prompt you before creating a new Category. If it doesn't, you may want to go into 'File->Preferences', and under 'Alerts & Messages' click the [Reset Quicken Warnings] button. That should bring back the confirmation prompt when you enter a category that doesn't already exist.

If you have Categories you would like to combine, go to 'Tools->Category List...' Select the row with the category you want to change, then click the 'Action' column. In the pop-up menu, select 'Merge with another Category'. You can then select the category you want to change it to.
  • Dan Tom
    Dan Tom Member ✭✭
    I have the same issue. Has there been any updates here? I'm on R24.14
  • This issue was reported almost 2 years ago and remains unresolved in the latest version of Quicken (25.18). This is an incredibly frustrating issue for me, and as much as I love the product, I am recently considering a change because of this issue (and because of the fact that there does not seem to be any real interest or urgency in resolving it). Can I please request that someone from the Quicken support team provide a target date / release (if one exists), and also escalate the priority of resolving it?
  • Dan Tom
    Dan Tom Member ✭✭
    I have finally found a solution to my issue. I hope it will help others here. In doing research on my Projected Balance graph, I located the precise date of when the phantom reminder began; November 7, 2018. This reminder was for a $25 transaction between two of my accounts. It was not displaying anywhere else except for the balance change seen in the Project Balance graph in both accounts on the 7th of every month since. Try the following to see if it works for you.

1. Click the Manage Manual Bills and Income button on the Bills & Income screen
    2. Select the "For account" from the drop-down list of where your phantom transaction is persisting
    3. Go back to the month when it began using the left arrow button on the calendar and click on the calendar
    4. When the Calendar opens, click on the precise date

I found my phantom reminder here. It was the only place that it existed. My account was linked to an online biller. I deleted the link to that biller and then deleted the reminder. My phantom reminder that has been haunting me since November of 2018 is finally gone! I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.