Constant problems with US Bank

For several days, I attempt to do the One Step Update, and no transactions are downloaded, but no errors are thrown. I manually signed in to my account, and there are 5 days of transactions, none of which were downloaded. I "Reset" the account, like soooo many times before. This time I get the Connection Reset, but when attempting to perform the One Step Update, now the password is marked as invalid. Yet I just logged in with it.

I am very frustrated as this has been an on-going problem for well over a year. Tech Support has been gracious, but I cannot afford to contact Tech Support every week to try and get things working correctly.

Upgrade to Quicken 2018? Will it solve these issues? Is it worth the money to try? All unanswered questions.

Comments

• Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Upgrading Quicken to a newer version rarely solves connection problems. Are you using Express Web Connect? If so, switching to Direct Connect is likely a permanent solution to your connection woes.
  • Bill HorgerBill Horger Member
    edited December 2018
    Direct Connection is no longer an option for US Bank. 
    edited March 2018

OK, then, have you tried, as a diagnostic test, setting up a new Quicken file and testing the download functionality in the new file? That diagnostic test would provide useful information to choose the next best step to resolve your issue.

Also, please indicate exactly which version and Rev of Q you are using.
  • rwmolrwmol Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi Bill. I use US Bank for checking, savings and an auto loan. I have no promblem downloading those accounts. Who told you that Direct Connect can no longer be used with US Bank? Not true. I’m using it on all three accounts. Have you tried US Bank Support? They have a department devoted to Quicken usage. I would give them a call.
    edited March 2018

Deluxe 2017 Build 26.1.15.13

The problems have only gotten worse when I added another checking account. So there are now 3 accounts with US Bank, they appear to be linked within Quicken to download at the same time (and 2 used to do that "fairly well" until 6 months ago). Most times, I get a "Nickname change" error, but no changes on the on-line account have occurred. I get all kinds of different errors and have contacted Cust Support a few times, even spending nearly an hour following their instructions to get the system back and working.

I have also disconnected the entire account from Quicken, then entered the accounts all over again. It seemed to work, at least for a few weeks. Then the old problems re-appear.

This includes the dreaded Temp accounts, which I religiously go through the Validation and Repair process whenever I have these kinds of problems.

I hate to remain cynical. Please tell me what can be learned by setting up a new file, linked to these accounts? If I'm going to spend the time, I'd like to know why what I do will have a positive outcome, regardless of whether it works or not.
    edited December 2018
    Thanks for the reply. It is the only option I get when I set up the account (I've performed this at least 5 times in the last 6 months). US Bank sent me a letter then stating that they would no longer support Direct Connection.
    edited March 2018

Thanks for the reply. It is the only option I get when I set up the account (I've performed this at least 5 times in the last 6 months). US Bank sent me a letter then stating that they would no longer support Direct Connection.

That said, I should probably give them another call.
    edited March 2018

If I were you, I would first re-investigate use of Direct Connect.

The new file test helps to determine if the problem is in your data file or a problem elsewhere (i.e. program installation, aggregation server, financial institution, etc).

You may have to pay for the Direct Connect service and get it set up with the bank first. Also, it is possible that US Bank only supports Direct Connect with certain versions of Quicken. Support for connection types can vary by Q version even with a common bank.
    edited March 2018

Thanks for the explanation. This really does help me.

I'll contact US Bank QUicken Support. I've got a number around here somewhere......
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

Where and when did you get that piece of misinformation?  Because I download from USB 6 days a week using Direct Connect ... and in a "chat" conversation this afternoon with a USB rep he confirmed that Direct Connect is still available for $3.95/month.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor"
  • rwmolrwmol Member
    edited March 2018

Yes. There is a $3.95 monthly charge. It actually went down this last month. Use to be $5.95. I’m using Quicken 2017 Deluxe. The CD version.
    edited March 2018

They did not offer me that option when I called to confirm. Just spent some time on their site, and no mention that Direct Connect is even an option. They do offer a phone number to call, however. It was really buried, at least with the links I followed. 

OK, a call it is.
  • edited January 27
    I have this problem as well with US Bank and Quicken.  It is very frustrating.  I've probably called Quicken support at least 5 times in the last couple of years to resolve this.  I used to download my reports monthly, but now I do it about once a quarter because I know it's going to mean a 45 minute support call every time.  For something that used to work so reliably, this has really gone downhill.  What is the issue with?  Quicken or US Bank?   Are we basically forced to pay for that 'direct connect' option now because the express connect is so junky?  Is there another bank out there I could connect to freely and reliably?  Maybe I need to change banks!
  • AlAl Member
    FWIIW, I have been using USBank since the end of March 2018. Their "direct connect" is free for transaction download, but 3.95/mo for Bill Pay. It has been reliable for me until it went down last Saturday (3/9/19). The only real complaints I have had are that direct connect payments do not show in their online website bill pay section (and vice versa, and getting more common as many banks farm out direct connect to 3rd parties) and CD's are not direct connectable.