Print Project name on Printed/Emailed Invoices [edited]

Need ability to include project name on the invoice as well as PO#
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

This information is available by default in both Customer Invoices and Vendor Invoices for all Quicken for Windows H&B and/or RPM

Here's a portion of the data entry form from my Q 2018 HB&R

• David3730David3730 Member
    edited March 2018
    Thanks for the response.  Yes, it is there in my view when creating an invoice (same as your screen shot), but I cannot find a way to make that appear on the invoice I send to my client, that is what I'm trying to get to.  Client requires for a PO# and a job number, I have to manually put the job name/number as an entry in the description with zero amount.  Thanks.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

You're right as far as printing the Project/Job number on the paper invoice is concerned. That is not available at this time.
    I support your idea about having this item added to the Invoice Forms Designer so that it can be printed.

The Memo field does not print on the paper invoice either and should be added.

Until the programmers make this change in a future release of Quicken, as a workaround I recommend you continue to use a dummy line item description or use the Message to Customer field.

The P.O. Number field is available for printing, however.
    Please review the customization of your Invoice form in the Forms Designer and make sure this item is enabled for printing.

• edited March 2018
    David:
    As stated above there is a PO Number field available that shows up on the customer invoice. In addition I changed the bill to field to ship to (made it big enough for a complete address) and the ship to field to tracking number.  You can change it to job number. All this will show up on the customer invoice.
  • David3730David3730 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yeah, I know about the PO number, as previously stated I need both.  Your suggestion is a good workaround--I do not use the Ship To field so renamed it and I can manually enter the project name and number in there.  Would still be nice to have the Project field available to print on the invoice so I don't have to do the manual entry on each invoice.  Thanks
  • Denise EhlersDenise Ehlers Member
    edited December 2018
    I agree!!! Why have a "Project/Job" list and a place to put it on the invoice (screen shot) but not have the ability to print it on the invoice, without manually entering it?? That's crazy! Quicken, please fix!