Bills and Income Reminders view

davidlambertdavidlambert Member ✭✭
Is there a way to set 'Monthly Bills & Deposits' tab as the default view when 'Bill and Income Reminders' window is opened?
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi @ davidlambert ,

See this Article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Behavior changes from one version to another to fix bugs.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • davidlambertdavidlambert Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

On cable DSL
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018

On cable DSL

Hi @ davidlambert ,

No, in Quicken 2018 Home, Business & Property.

However, you can choose to Combine Bills, Income & Transfers when viewing Bills from the Bills and Income Tab.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R19.44 & Quicken 2017 HBRP R19.1
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Every Tab in Quicken, when selected, opens to the most recently used view.

As @thecreator said, you can't set a specific view as the default.

Speaking about Scheduled Reminders ...
    Since I don't use online linked bills or Online Bill Pay, for me the easiest Reminders view to use is a customized view page under the Home tab. When I start Quicken, it opens to my "First Page" view. The first item in this view is a Bill and Income Reminders view.
    (By default Quicken opens to the My Money view in the Home tab. This view may get reset to "factory defaults" during software installation or upgrades, so I created my own Home view and named it "First Page")

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hello davidlambert,

That is a great question and thank you for reaching out to the Community!  Unfortunately there is not an option to change the settings in the Manage Bills & Income Reminder window to default to the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab instead of "All Bills & Deposits," I apologize for any inconvenience this has or may further cause.

I do however, think an option to change that default setting would be a beneficial addition to Quicken and so have changed your post from a Question into an Idea post.  The Idea posts are reviewed directly by the Development teams for insight on requested functions or features and is the best way to request something be implemented into the software.  All Idea posts can be voted on by other Community Members and the more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible implementation.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited March 2018

On cable DSL

This option does not provide the simple grid list that shows in Bills & Reminders. (Ctrl + J)
    edited March 2018
    UKR said:

Every Tab in Quicken, when selected, opens to the most recently used view.

As @thecreator said, you can't set a specific view as the default.

Speaking about Scheduled Reminders ...
    Since I don't use online linked bills or Online Bill Pay, for me the easiest Reminders view to use is a customized view page under the Home tab. When I start Quicken, it opens to my "First Page" view. The first item in this view is a Bill and Income Reminders view.
    (By default Quicken opens to the My Money view in the Home tab. This view may get reset to "factory defaults" during software installation or upgrades, so I created my own Home view and named it "First Page")

My experience is that it always goes back to the 'All Bills & Deposits' tab.
    edited December 2018

Hello davidlambert,

That is a great question and thank you for reaching out to the Community!  Unfortunately there is not an option to change the settings in the Manage Bills & Income Reminder window to default to the "Monthly Bills & Deposits" tab instead of "All Bills & Deposits," I apologize for any inconvenience this has or may further cause.

I do however, think an option to change that default setting would be a beneficial addition to Quicken and so have changed your post from a Question into an Idea post.  The Idea posts are reviewed directly by the Development teams for insight on requested functions or features and is the best way to request something be implemented into the software.  All Idea posts can be voted on by other Community Members and the more votes an Idea receives, the higher it is prioritized for possible implementation.

Thank you,

Sarah

It's not a huge issue but would be a nice option to have.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

Hello davidlambert,

Thank you,

Sarah

I agree with David.  I was able to set the Monthly Bills and Deposits tab view
    (under Manage Manual Bills and Income) as my default view in Quicken
    2016 which I just upgraded from.  It was a great way to easily see a
    crisp status of all bill, transfer and income reminders on a monthly basis (both paid and unpaid) with just one click which aligns with how I budget (on a monthly basis).   

In Quicken
    2019 I now need to click 3 times to get to this view which is frustrating and more time consuming.  The 2019 default view only looks forward unless the Show Recent Activity box is checked.  The layout of this view is more complex and it consumes a
    lot of screen space not allowing me to see the entire month on one
    screen without needing to scroll.  I am a practical person who is much more interested in simple, complete and intuitive than in pretty and I'm sure there are many like me.

I did click on "Follow" and "Vote" and I hope this comes up as a product enhancement in a future update.