Extra security showing in Quicken mobile account

When I sync my desktop account with Quicken mobile one of the accounts is showing an added security that is not in the desktop account. I am using Quicken 2017 Home and Business. I have tried resetting the cloud account with no luck. The desktop account shows correctly but the mobile account shows an extra security in it that was never contained in that account.

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Mark, appreciate your question.

Can you explain the "added security" for one of your accounts? Is it asking for a security code?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    IMO he is saying there an unexpected stock, bond, ETF or something in his account,.

Hopefully he will be back to explain
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Mark FreemanMark Freeman Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes there are actually 3 securities in the particular account on the desktop but 4 show in the mobile app. I have reset the account numerous times and uninstalled and reztalled the app. All with the same result.
  • Jim_HarmanJim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Is the 4th security something you have never held, or is it something you hold in another account, or something you held in this account at one time and then sold, or what?
    -- Jim QWin Premier subscription
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Mark,

Are you able to give us anymore information?

Let us know where you are at with this issue, if we don't hear back this post will be closed after 48 hours.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited July 2018
    We have not received a response in 48 hours, this post is being closed.

If you are still needing help please create a new post.

-Thanks!
    -Quicken Tyka
  • tambentamben Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Extra security showing up in mobile portfolio.

There is a security in one of my mobile investment accounts that does not belong there. It doesn't show up on desktop. It is a security that is held in another account, however. I have tried resetting the cloud data but it keeps showing up on mobile only when I sync. .I am using Quicken 2018, VR7.5
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Mark,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • tambentamben Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm still experiencing the issue. I have a security supposedly valued at $1.4M in an account that's only really worth about $650K. No matter what I do, that security (which does not exist in the real account but does exist in another account) won't go away. 
    edited July 2018
    Hey Tamben,

What is the ticker symbol?

Have you checked the price history for this holding?

Let us know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • tambentamben Member
    edited April 2018
    The erroneous stock is BTC LIFEPATH 2525 J. It incorrectly shows on mobile that I own 25,000.1  shares at $10 a share in an IRA account worth $250,001. In another 401(k) account, I actually only own .351 shares worth $3.51. The price history looks correct. 
  • Ralph SanJuanRalph SanJuan Member
    edited November 2018
    I have a very similar issue.  I have 4 separate retirement accounts (2 ROTH IRA's - 1 traditional IRA - 1 traditional 401K). On the desktop version of Quicken all securities within these 4 accounts are showing the correct shares and values but when I open the mobile version I find that it shows 1 additional security (FLACX) within the traditional IRA.  Specifically on mobile it shows that I have 1.31 shares of FLACX in that traditional IRA yet I do not own any shares of this security within this IRA.  I do own shares of this security in both of our ROTH IRA's but not in the traditional IRA.  The error only shows on the mobile side.  I've tried to reset the mobile cloud account several times but after resyncing this additional security returns.  I've also gone entry by entry (on the desktop) through all the accounts searching for errors or abnormalities but can't find any issues.  Any idea why this is happening?

On the desktop I'm using Win10 OS with Quicken 2017 Deluxe - version R15.15 - build 26.1.15.15
    On the mobile side I'm using an iPhone 7+ with Quicken mobile version 5.0.19 (36.8815.4012)
  • Mark FreemanMark Freeman Member
    edited June 2018
    I am still experiencing the issue. The only other info I can provide is that the extra security that appears in the mobile app is a mutual fund that changed ticker symbols several years ago. With that said it still was never contained in the account it appears in on the mobile app.
  • jhenaultjhenault Unconfirmed, Member
    I'm having the same issue...  Using Quicken Subscription and the latest mobile app...Has a solution been identified for this issue?