Trouble Linking Alight Solutions

Unable to link to Alight Solutions. This was apparently fixed in the past (https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...) but is occurring again.

I am using the my User ID-Company 5 Digit Id as requested, and my password. When I click link account it just spins and spins on "Signing in..." before timing out.

I have verified that I am doing all things listed in the past thread, for example I have no characters in my password, I am using a 5 digit ID, etc. I have tried linking both from web and mobile.

@Quicken, please do not close this ticket so quickly as you did this one (https://getsatisfaction.com/quickenco...). 4 days without reply is hardly long enough to give someone who is having a real issue with your service. Some of us have jobs and responsibilities and trying to troubleshoot this is not a top priority.

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Dylan. Appreciate your question.

Can you try making a New Quicken File and setting up the account. This is to find out if the issue persists in a new environment.

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited April 2018
    I was having the same issue, so I signed into Alight Solutions on the web. It turns out that they have new password requirements, so I was forced to create a new password and a numeric PIN to be used on the phone. Once I created the new password, I was able to sign into Quicken with it.
    edited January 13
    Hello Dylan et al,

Hope that this information from @Quicken Sarah can help:

I've been researching this login loop issue and based on my additional research I was able to confirm that the login credentials should be the User ID for Alight Solutions website, followed by a hyphen and then a 5 digit company code so the instructions to use SSN do not appear to be correct.  Are you entering a full 5 digit number for the company code?  I'm assuming so but just wanted to check.

The login requirements are transmitted to Quicken directly by the Financial Institution's branding and profile server.  If there is a malformed or missing information in the Institution's branding or profile it can cause incorrect requirements to be sent to Quicken.  I suspect that is what is happening for you and the other User's who have posted regarding this issue as Alight Solutions has confirmed you are using the correct login credentials.

Since these requirements are held by Alight Solutions and their server, we at Quicken are unable to access or correct the malformed/missing information.  The only ones who can will be Alight Solutions.  I highly recommend contacting their Customer Support team once more and requesting escalation to the OFX team.  You will need to provide the OFX Log to Alight Solutions escalation team to review for the missing/malformed data, that tells them where the issue is and what needs to be corrected in the server.

To find the OFX log in Quicken, open the Help menu at the very top and select "Log Files".  In the window that opens click on the top file titled "OFXLog", it can be saved to a location on the computer to provide to Alight Solutions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold. 
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited April 2018
    Dylan, did you try what I suggest above?

Go to the Alight website and try to sign in there. My guess is that since their password requirements have changed, you will need to go through those hoops. Once you have created a new password, it should work on Quicken.

And yes, you will continue to use your user name appended with a hyphen and your company’s five-digit code.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Dylan,

Have you been able to try any of the suggests listed in the thread?

We haven't received a response in the last 48 hours.

I'm giving this thread a bit more time per your request in the post, let us know where you are at with this issue.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited November 2018

Hello Dylan. Appreciate your question.

Can you try making a New Quicken File and setting up the account. This is to find out if the issue persists in a new environment.

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Hello, I tried this and had no luck
  • edited April 2018
    John M said:

I was having the same issue, so I signed into Alight Solutions on the web. It turns out that they have new password requirements, so I was forced to create a new password and a numeric PIN to be used on the phone. Once I created the new password, I was able to sign into Quicken with it.

Glad it is working for you John, I am still able to sign into my account via alight but still am having issues with linking quicken.
  • edited April 2018

Hello Dylan et al,

Hope that this information from @Quicken Sarah can help:

I've been researching this login loop issue and based on my additional research I was able to confirm that the login credentials should be the User ID for Alight Solutions website, followed by a hyphen and then a 5 digit company code so the instructions to use SSN do not appear to be correct.  Are you entering a full 5 digit number for the company code?  I'm assuming so but just wanted to check.

The login requirements are transmitted to Quicken directly by the Financial Institution's branding and profile server.  If there is a malformed or missing information in the Institution's branding or profile it can cause incorrect requirements to be sent to Quicken.  I suspect that is what is happening for you and the other User's who have posted regarding this issue as Alight Solutions has confirmed you are using the correct login credentials.

Since these requirements are held by Alight Solutions and their server, we at Quicken are unable to access or correct the malformed/missing information.  The only ones who can will be Alight Solutions.  I highly recommend contacting their Customer Support team once more and requesting escalation to the OFX team.  You will need to provide the OFX Log to Alight Solutions escalation team to review for the missing/malformed data, that tells them where the issue is and what needs to be corrected in the server.

To find the OFX log in Quicken, open the Help menu at the very top and select "Log Files".  In the window that opens click on the top file titled "OFXLog", it can be saved to a location on the computer to provide to Alight Solutions.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold. 

Hi Harold, I saw this solution posted on past issues. Obviously the OFX deal is the least I’d like to do as it is such an hands on process. I find it a bit ridiculous that Quicken is a paid service yet doesn’t manage these relationships.
  • edited April 2018
    John M said:

Dylan, did you try what I suggest above?

Go to the Alight website and try to sign in there. My guess is that since their password requirements have changed, you will need to go through those hoops. Once you have created a new password, it should work on Quicken.

And yes, you will continue to use your user name appended with a hyphen and your company’s five-digit code.

Thanks for your idea John. I did log into the site but wasn’t triggered for any password changes. I updated mine quite recently so I think I’m current on their standards. Unfortunately no luck for me.
  • edited April 2018

Hey Dylan,

Have you been able to try any of the suggests listed in the thread?

We haven't received a response in the last 48 hours.

I'm giving this thread a bit more time per your request in the post, let us know where you are at with this issue.

-Quicken Tyka

I have tried some of the options with no luck this far. The OFX is the one I haven’t tried yet, and frankly I don’t want to unless it is the very last resort. In any case, it’s been the weekend so nothing I can start on now.
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited April 2018
    John M said:

Not sure I can help you then. Sorry. Quicken is connecting for me. I assume you’re using your Alight username followed by a hyphen and your five-digit company code with Quicken.

Have you tried Harold’s suggestion of opening a new file and trying to add the account?

Good luck with this.
  • LittleMastiLittleMasti Member
    edited May 2018
    I am also facing the same issue. I am just getting a Quicken error, "encountered an error. (Its not your fault)".I will call Alight customer support tomorrow (4/18/2018). 
  • Michael CMichael C Member
    edited April 2018
    I am having the same problem for the past 3 weeks.  I have had similar additional problems with other services with quicken.  I am a busy professional who is paying quicken to run their software platform and limit my frustrations.  I have spent over 2 hours of my time on the phone with customer support with quicken as well as other financial institutions, as instructed by quicken, without resolution of the problems, which have now been going on for months.  With my most recent interaction with quicken, the final response from the customer service representative was to read verbatim from a post on the quicken support community that I had already reviewed and explained to them.  If quicken isn't able to rectify their relationships with financial institutions that they claim to offer services with, I will be cancelling my yearly subscription with them.  I am a very frustrated customer.
    edited April 2018
    I continue to have the same problem listed above.  I have tried all of the suggested fixes above.  There has been no response from Quicken on this.  I continue to have the same problem with linking to another financial institution.  Quicken has not responded.  I remain frustrated.  Please fix!
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited May 2018
    Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Alight continues to update values for me every day. My next paycheck is on Monday, so I'll see if the transactions download that night.

By the way, I'm on QMac 2017.
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited May 2018
    John M said:

Sorry to hear you're still having issues. Alight continues to update values for me every day. My next paycheck is on Monday, so I'll see if the transactions download that night.

By the way, I'm on QMac 2017.

My contribution downloaded just fine last night from Alight, so it does not appear to be a systemic issue with them. I am using Direct Connect.
  • LittleMastiLittleMasti Member
    edited May 2018

I am also facing the same issue. I am just getting a Quicken error, "encountered an error. (Its not your fault)".I will call Alight customer support tomorrow (4/18/2018). 

It working for me now. I think they fixed the issue.
    edited July 2018
    I am continuing to have the problem.  I am connecting using my user ID-company ID.  I have confirmed that my company ID has not changed.  I have not changed my password, but I continue to be prompted that my password is incorrect.  Quicken will not allow me to reset my account manually.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Michael C said:

I am continuing to have the problem.  I am connecting using my user ID-company ID.  I have confirmed that my company ID has not changed.  I have not changed my password, but I continue to be prompted that my password is incorrect.  Quicken will not allow me to reset my account manually.

Hello Michael,

I apologize that you are continuing to experience issues with connecting to Alight Solutions.  May I ask, what is happening when you attempt to manually reset the account that is preventing it from resetting?

I also took the liberty of researching our internal Support system for the contact(s) you've had with Support to research this matter further but do not see that your log files were collected to review the internal information and/or error being communicated between Quicken and the Financial Institution servers. 

May I ask you to please also go to the Help menu at the top of Quicken and select "Report a Problem", in the window that opens, check mark the Connlog.txt, CONNOLD.txt, OFXLOG.txt and OFXOLD.txt files and click Send to Quicken.  Once submitted please just let me know that it's been sent.

Thank you,

Sarah
    edited May 2018
    I continue to have this problem.  I have sent the appropriate files.  I hope for a quick resolution
  • asherfamily1asherfamily1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Alight is now the 401(k) administrator for Citi, and i think my problems relate to this change.  I can log onto the relevant Alight/Hewitt site, but I have no idea what Citi's 5-digit code is, and don't know how to change the login information saved in Quicken.  Can anyone help?
  • John_MJohn_M Member
    edited June 2018
    My Alight account has a section called “Documents and Resources.” Click on “Connect With Online Tools” and it takes you to the section showing the five-digit code for your employer. Detailed instructions are shown there.
  • asherfamily1asherfamily1 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thanks John.  My Alight account looked completely different (!), but I found the answer by searching for "Quicken" on the Citi page.  Thanks again
  • edited June 2018
    I am having the same problem.  Password requirements changed.  Now I can't get my account to update even when I enter the new password.  I have tried everything in this thread with no luck.  
    edited June 2018

I am having the same problem.  Password requirements changed.  Now I can't get my account to update even when I enter the new password.  I have tried everything in this thread with no luck.  

Hello Jeff, appreciate your question.

Have you tried making a New Quicken File (File > New Quicken File) and adding your bank to see if the issue persists in a new environment?

Please let us know the outcome.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • edited June 2018

Yes I tried creating a new file.
    edited July 2018
    I continue to have this problem with no resolution and no updates from Quicken.  I have sent files as requested previously with no response from Quicken.  I would expect a more rapid resolution to the problem.  I continue to be quite frustrated with your product and customer service.
  • debdeb Member
    edited July 2018
    I too have this issue. I was prompted to change password online. Did that but still in a loop with quicken
  • Amy ChanAmy Chan Member
    edited August 2018
    I am having the same issue in connecting with Alight.  I have 3 different 401k accounts managed by Alight.  I log in with all the appropriate credentials (5 digit company codes), it finds my accounts, I link them to my quicken accounts and then it fails.  It encounters an error and each time I send a report to Quicken.  I have yet to hear anything from Quicken.  This is EXTREMELY frustrating.

I contacted Alight and they claim it is a Quicken issue.

• Jeremy HollisJeremy Hollis Member
    edited August 2018
    I am having same issue.  Does Alight Solutions have to allow you to use Quicken?  I have no issues logging into the company website and getting to the information but can not use the login-5 digit and password combination to get access.  I get an error code in the OFX log of 15500.