Custom Actual vs. Budget Reports (Q Mac)

Is there any way to create a category report to compare actuals vs. budget with custom dates in Quicken 2018 for Mac. It seems like such a basic report, but it appears there is no way to do it. Please add this simple, yet important functionality.
Tagged:
1 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19
    Hello David,

Thank you for your feedback.

~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • edited January 9
    I'm with David - need this badly. In the meantime, is there a way to set up a custom report (as David asked)?
  • retha824retha824 Member ✭✭
    edited January 9
    I completely agree that this is a BADLY needed feature.  
  • edited January 27
    retha824 said:

I completely agree that this is a BADLY needed feature.  

Thanks for the +1 - there's not much point in making a budget if you can't track spending against it. And the provided compare 1-month and 12-month red/green bars (in "Budgets") don't quite cut it. I need a real report for this. At the very least, a YTD view.
  • ShelleyShelley Member ✭✭
    edited January 27
    Is this idea in the development pipeline? I have been using Quicken since 1990 (Windows) and since I switched over to Mac I am at sea-- no way to figure out how I'm doing in relation to my budgets!!! How can this not be a feature? 
  • Dan OBrienDan OBrien Member
    edited January 27

Hello David,

~ Quicken Harold.

I still don't see it.  This is a big oversight.
    Please expedite
  • joe hurleyjoe hurley Member
    edited January 19

Hello David,

~ Quicken Harold.

In Q Deluxe is there a way to prepare a report, custom or otherwise, to merely compare 2019 Budget full year to 2018 Actual full year? Seems simple and necessary but I do not see a way to do it. Thanks
  • klnaylorklnaylor Member
    When are you guys going to put in a report for comparison of actual v budget.  You have this in the windows version of Quicken.  I have used the windows version for years and the report works great.  I don't understand why you don't have this same option in the Mac version.  I have all my apps on my new Mac book but I still have to use my old windows computer for Quicken simply because you guys won't put in this report.  HOW LONG ARE WE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT FOR YOU TO ADD THIS REPORT.  OR ARE MAC USERS NOT IMPORTANT TO YOU??????  YES I AM UPSET.
  • This is something I require! Very disappointed to see it isn't included on the Mac version. 
  • darynwestdarynwest Member
    Hello!  Is there any update on this?  I don't understand why this report is not available!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If you would like to see this enhancement made in a future version of Quicken please vote on it. Locate the big blue box near the top of this webpage (or page 1 for long discussions) and click the "Up" triangle under the voting count. Wait a moment for the vote count to be registered and updated before you continue.

Every vote counts!

• Can we please have flexible date capability when looking at the MAC budget reports. Also,
    The budget reports should be easier to read and work with. Only meaningful report is on the last day of the month.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bobschaefer1949 It would help if you could provide a little more detail about what you'd expect for "flexible date capability." You only enter one budget value for each category for each month, so what would you want/expect Quicken to do with partial months? Apply the budgeted amount proportionally? But since many bills are once a month bills, would you want to see, for example, 12÷31 of your utility bil budget if you ran a report on 12th of the month? How would you want Quicken to handle partial months?

@klnaylor and others who have asked above about a budget versus actual report, perhaps I'm not grasping what you want, as this seems to exist already. (Click Print on the budget screen, select Summary, and the report shows actual YTD vs. budget YTD.) What different data would you want to be able to specify for a report?

(I'm not suggesting additional reporting flexibility isn't needed; I'm just asking users to further explain to the developers what thier expectations or needs are.) 
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • bobschaefer1949bobschaefer1949 Member
    I would like to be able to specify custom dates for reporting similar to what we had in Quicken for windows. If you do not look at the ytd report on the last day of the month, the report includes the following month. It is very cumbersome looking at monthly budgets.