Problem with downloaded Macy's

There was a conversation about this which currently shows as being archived and closed.  Does that mean the issue has been solved?  I hope not because I am still having problems.

Comments

• John_in_NCJohn_in_NC SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Jane:

Several other users have noted that Macy's CCs are no longer working. From what others have reported, Chase (the financial institutions that handles the CC on behalf of Macy's) has told customers that Macy's has decided to no longer support Quicken. This is their business decision.

You are still free to manually enter transactions into your Macy's account, but it appears that automated transaction entry will no longer work.
  • mrzookiemrzookie Member
    edited April 2018
    Linda - Although Macy's reps have told numerous users (self included) that they are no longer supporting downloads to Quicken, that information turns out to be incorrect. After several weeks of problems, both of my Macy's accounts are now working and have been for the past 2 days. Other users, although not all, have reported their problems fixed as well.

Have you tried deactivating/reactivating your account? That should work, although it may not in this case. I suspect Macy's is doing some sort of systems migration or upgrade which is affecting some accounts, but not others (or may be happening on a rolling basis). For several weeks, one or the other of my accounts were not working, then neither worked for a couple of weeks.

What version of Q are you using? What's the exact nature of the problem you're having? What, if any errors are you seeing?
  • Tom BreckonTom Breckon Member
    edited April 2018
    mrzookie said:

Linda - Although Macy's reps have told numerous users (self included) that they are no longer supporting downloads to Quicken, that information turns out to be incorrect. After several weeks of problems, both of my Macy's accounts are now working and have been for the past 2 days. Other users, although not all, have reported their problems fixed as well.

Have you tried deactivating/reactivating your account? That should work, although it may not in this case. I suspect Macy's is doing some sort of systems migration or upgrade which is affecting some accounts, but not others (or may be happening on a rolling basis). For several weeks, one or the other of my accounts were not working, then neither worked for a couple of weeks.

What version of Q are you using? What's the exact nature of the problem you're having? What, if any errors are you seeing?

You are right.  After about a month, downloads from my Macy's account are working again.
  • pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Still can't do Macy's Card.

Macy's Card still doesn't work on one of my 2 PC's (primary and backup).  It worked on the backup.  QW Premiere 2018 fully up to date on Win 10 fully up to date (backup system is Pro, primary Home).  Gives error that it did not get enough information about what it found - it sees the card but doesn't know what it is, so you can't link it up.

Yesterday I was concerned that the message thread about Macy's would be cutoff if there were no updates in 48 hours.  My concern was off - there were responses, a number of people got it working, but at least for me it is still broken - in a new way, on the PC that I normally run Quicken on.

So the debugging needs to resume - I don't believe for a moment that I'm the only person who still has a problem with Macy's Card.
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    mrzookie said:

Hi.  I have deactivated and reactivated several times.  When I activate the downloads it looks like the setup worked OK but then when I run the update it's not updated.  I'm running the latest version of Quicken.
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    mrzookie said:

Hi.  I have deactivated and
    reactivated several times.  When I activate the downloads it looks like
    the setup worked OK but then when I run the update it's not updated. 
    I'm running the latest version of Quicken.
  • pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited April 2018

Jane:

Several other users have noted that Macy's CCs are no longer working. From what others have reported, Chase (the financial institutions that handles the CC on behalf of Macy's) has told customers that Macy's has decided to no longer support Quicken. This is their business decision.

You are still free to manually enter transactions into your Macy's account, but it appears that automated transaction entry will no longer work.

I believe it is Citi, not Chase.
  • BrianBrian Member
    edited April 2018
    After several weeks of issues, I was successfully able to re-add a Macy's credit card account and get it to work.  It only worked as a new account.  It downloaded my transactions and correct balance.  I'm using QW 2018 R7.5.  
    edited April 2018
    mrzookie said:

The fact that you're able to reactivate is probably a good sign. I experienced the same situation you're describing and then was no longer able to reactivate for  3-4 weeks before my account started working again. I think you'll get it going at some point but I suspect it may take some time and patience. Sorry I can't offer more help.
  • pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited April 2018
    Just now I was finally able to reactivate my 2nd PC (my primary for Quicken use) for Macy's.  I'll know in a few days whether it's really working.  Seems like Q's first try at fixing things caught parts of the problem but not all, hopefully they've gotten the whole problem now.  That leaves me with my next problem to solve; every time I turn 'cloud' on it makes updates go crazy and tries to corrupt my data file.  Plus I never went near bills because they caused a mess too.  But at least now I hope I can do normal updates on all my accounts.
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello Linda V,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    Yes I am.  The last thing I did was to set it up as a new account but it still didn't update.
    edited April 2018
    Hello Linda V,

Have you tried making a new Quicken File and try adding your accounts to see if the issue persists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    No I haven't but I'll try it and let you know.  Thanks.
    edited April 2018
    Hello Linda V, 

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    I made a new Quicken file per your advice but that didn't resolve the issue.  So yes I'm still experiencing issues.
    edited April 2018
    Linda V said:

I made a new Quicken file per your advice but that didn't resolve the issue.  So yes I'm still experiencing issues.

Hello Linda,

The next step then would be to contact Quicken Support.

Please let us know the outcome.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited April 2018
    Linda, good luck.  As for me, Quicken now handles Macy's properly on 2 PC's, hopefully it stays that way.
  • Paul EdwardsPaul Edwards Member
    edited April 2018
    I, too, have been unable to access my Macy's account for weeks. I've tried resetting, I've tried deleting. I've tried a new file. Nothing works.
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    pbug56 said:

Linda, good luck.  As for me, Quicken now handles Macy's properly on 2 PC's, hopefully it stays that way.

Thank you, Ron.  Appreciate it.
    edited June 2018
    Posting again, because I seem to be getting an error unlike other people. Specifically, when I try to setup online, Quicken appears to be connecting, but comes back with a screen that shows both accounts, the in-store and Amex, but says they're "Unknown type". The error message says this should go away after a few days, but I've seen it ever since this problem started weeks ago.
  • Linda VLinda V Member
    edited April 2018
    Linda V said:

Well I don't know what happened but it appears to be working now.  Thank you all!
  • fritzinpaseofritzinpaseo Member
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Citi Retail Macys account unable to be accessed, incorrect URL according to Citib....
    edited April 2018

Posting again, because I seem to be getting an error unlike other people. Specifically, when I try to setup online, Quicken appears to be connecting, but comes back with a screen that shows both accounts, the in-store and Amex, but says they're "Unknown type". The error message says this should go away after a few days, but I've seen it ever since this problem started weeks ago.

• pbug56pbug56 Member
    edited April 2018

I was having that problem for about a week and then it cleared up.  At the time I was hearing about server problems.
  • fritzinpaseofritzinpaseo Member
    edited April 2018

Jane:

That is correct it is Citi not chase, Quicken once again is mistaken and ignoring the issue.
    edited April 2018
    Linda V said:

as i suspected would happen. glad you're up and running again.
  • BobCBobC Member
    edited April 2018

Hello Linda V, 

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Hello all:

I am running Quicken 2017, Windows, latest updates.  I was successfully downloading from Macys, after several months of failures, for the last week or two, after I "reactivated" it.  Yea!  (I had deactivated the Macy's account a few months or so ago, after continual problems since January).  After working fine for a week or two, last Friday, 4/13/2018, it again failed, and is still failing this AM with a CC-505 error.

So we know the problem can be solved, and was for a bit, but no continuing or solid solution yet.  A post from Quicken, (thank you Quicken), to this or another thread suggested that the problem was with someone's servers, and that we might expect this kind of intermittent service as it was worked on.  Well the solution, if it is one, has definitely been intermittent, at least from my viewpoint.  It seems like there is a configuration setup somewhere in the chain that is being manually set, and works until another server somewhere, with a dynamic IP, changes it's address.  Probably nothing to do with that - but that is the kind of intermittent problem this seems to be.

Quicken - please keep working with Macy's on this till it is really resolved.

Thank you,

Bob

• edited April 2018
    I am still having a problem with Macy's but will try activating again.  Has been going on for a few months.  I also had an issue logging into the website directly to pay my bill but that has been resolved.  So I guess I will give it another shot. 
  • Kay KKay K Member
    edited April 2018
    My Macy's card is an American Express not Citi, and I cannot download transactions from it either.  I have been logging into through Macy's, not American Express.