Bill notifications return after entering

In the "Bills & Income" section after entering one of the bills, it keep coming back after each update. I've tried marking it as paid and choosing ignore this one but I have to keep doing it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Mike,

Are you able to provide us with anymore information?

Let us know! If we don't receive a response this post will be closed after 48 hours.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • Mike ShoultzMike Shoultz Member
    edited April 2018
    Sorry. First post. Here you go:

Quicken 2018 Version R7.5 Build 27.1.7.5
    Windows 10 Home Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.309)
  • Bakerboy448Bakerboy448 Member
    edited April 2018
    I've been dealing with this issue for months and have been in touch with their "senior" support from the office of the president. They can't trace the issue. No Fix yet.

Same version as OP
    but Windows 10 Pro Version 1709

quicken ref: ref:_00D36JnNs._50036T9h3u:ref
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Hello Mike,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    @Qucken Harold,

Not OP. But given that Quicken has not had any updates in the last four days and have not provided any sort of solution, why how the hell would the issue be resolved?

and yes still experiencing issues
    edited April 2018
    Not OP. yes still experiencing issues
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Hello Bakerboy448,

Can you explain the issues in which you are having?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited April 2018

Same issues as posted 
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/ignored-bill-reminders-return-to-account-registe...
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/bill-reminders-returning?rfm=1&topic_submit=...

In essence: bill reminders linked to bills are not being recognized as already in the register and already paid. These are constantly reappearing daily and everytime bills are refreshed
    also quicken is automatically entering payments to bills when it is not selected to do so.

and yes file is validated. I have even removed all the reminders and reset them up from the bills and vice versa, no fix.
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Bill Reminders returning.

In the "Bills & Income" section after entering one of the bills, it keep coming back after each update. I've tried marking it as paid and choosing ignore this one but I have to keep doing it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also Quicken is not matching manual entered bill transactions to the register, nor previously entered bill reminder transactions to bill reminders.\

In essence: bill reminders linked to bills are not being recognized as already in the register and already paid. These are constantly reappearing daily and everytime bills are refreshed
    also quicken is automatically entering payments to bills when it is not selected to do so.

and yes file is validated. I have even removed all the reminders and reset them up from the bills and vice versa, no fix.

Same issues as 
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/bill-notifications-return-after-entering
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/ignored-bill-reminders-return-to-account-register

Windows 10 Pro
    Quicken 2018 Version R7.5 Build 27.1.7.5
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey There!

Users have been reporting issues with the Bills and Income section.

We have acknowledged that this is an issue, we are currently working on a fix.

Unfortunately we don't have an ETA on when this will be fixed.

Thank you for your patience and any inconvenience this has caused.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    edited April 2018

Hello Mike,

Are you still experiencing issues?

Please let us know. If there is no response within 48 hours, the thread will be closed.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I am still experiencing this issue. Do you have a solution?
    edited April 2018

Hey There!

-Quicken Tyka

Thank you for the response Tyka. I appreciate knowing that it's being worked on.
  • Alvin LaneAlvin Lane Member
    edited April 2018

Hey There!

-Quicken Tyka

I have the same issue.  It needs to be fixed ASAP.  Takes a lot of time and effort to keep from double printing checks.  This has not been a propblem in previous versions of Quicken.
  • rnbhessingrnbhessing Member
    edited April 2018

I'm having a similar issue, but I think I understand the problem and have a potential solution.  I use my bank's online bill pay system which allows me to schedule the day that the bill gets paid, up to months in advance.  I usually go to the bank's web site the day I receive a bill and schedule the payment for the day its due - typically 3 weeks in advance.  I then go into Quicken (2018 for Windows) and mark the bill as paid.  On the next refresh by Quicken, a duplicate bill shows up on the Quicken Bills page (and in my checking account register) - one marked as paid and one unpaid.

The obvious issue is that while I don't need to take any further action for the bill to be paid on time, the biller has not actually been paid yet, so when Quicken gets an update from the biller, their records will show the bill is unpaid - resulting in the duplicate bill.

One solution would to allow me to mark a bill as "Payment Scheduled" (rather than the current choice of paid or not paid), to cover this interim period between when I schedule payment and the biller gets paid.

How about it?

edited April 2018

I'm having a similar issue, but I think I understand the problem and have a potential solution.  I use my bank's online bill pay system which allows me to schedule the day that the bill gets paid, up to months in advance.  I usually go to the bank's web site the day I receive a bill and schedule the payment for the day its due - typically 3 weeks in advance.  I then go into Quicken (2018 for Windows) and mark the bill as paid.  On the next refresh by Quicken, a duplicate bill shows up on the Quicken Bills page (and in my checking account register) - one marked as paid and one unpaid.

The obvious issue is that while I don't need to take any further action for the bill to be paid on time, the biller has not actually been paid yet, so when Quicken gets an update from the biller, their records will show the bill is unpaid - resulting in the duplicate bill.

One solution would to allow me to mark a bill as "Payment Scheduled" (rather than the current choice of paid or not paid), to cover this interim period between when I schedule payment and the biller gets paid.

How about it?

This seems to potentially be the issue. Additionally, quicken does not capture that a payment has been made and erroneously marks the payment as overdue.

Secondly, if you have the bill linked to a reminder, you cannot mark the bill as paid and quicken does not recognize the reminder as already existing nor does it currently match an entered reminder the the bill.

The issue lies in that the register, bill/income, and reminders are not communicating with one another.
  • rnbhessingrnbhessing Member
    edited April 2018

How about it?

I just did a test this month, and if I ignore the duplicate, unpaid bill, it disappears as soon as the biller has been paid, with no action on my part. The original bill that I marked as paid remains.

Of course, the projected balance of my checking account is a disaster.....

• edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reminders remain after entering a payment.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled reminders remain even after entering payment.I've been using Quicken for many years. Since I upgraded from 2016 to 2018, I've had a lot of small and large problems. The biggest one is that I see a reminder at the bottom of the screen for a regular monthly payment, click to Enter, and enter the amount. The payment appears in my register. HOWEVER, the reminder remains in the reminders window as well. This is happening for most or all of my bills. If I close & re-open Quicken, the reminder is still there. This is making it very difficult to figure out which bills have/haven't been paid.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: scheduled transactions skip a month.
  • edited December 2018
    Quicken Deluxe 2018, Version R7.5, Build 27.1.7.5
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371)

I have some scheduled bills that are paid by printed check. Whenever I print the check the bill reminder shows the scheduled bill again with the original amount. 
  • edited April 2018
    Solved:
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

Quicken Deluxe 2018, Version R7.5, Build 27.1.7.5
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.371)

I have some scheduled bills that are paid by printed check. Whenever I print the check the bill reminder shows the scheduled bill again with the original amount. 

Hi @ William E. Booth ,

The Scheduled Bill, will continue to be shown, until the Check is cleared by the Bank.

Meaning, anyone can state, that the Bill has been paid, even printing out the Check.

But until the Check you printed has been cleared by the Bank, the Bill remains Not paid, even though, you printed the check.

Understand?

You can save money, by paying either through Quicken and your Bank's Free Bill Pay Service or using your Bank's Website and its Bill Pay for Customers.

Saves money. And also Clears the Bill Reminder faster.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R18.16 & Quicken 2017 HBRP
  • edited April 2018
    Hey, Quicken,

This is a disaster. I only use Quicken for one reason: to track and pay my bills and my bank account. If it can't help me figure out what I need to pay, it's worse than useless.

I was doing fine with 2016, when you sent me a letter saying that I could no longer get ongoing support except through paying a subscription. So I paid you money, get an upgrade, and it broke the software.

I run a software company, and I can tell you that if we put out an update that screwed up royally for so many customers, I would:
    • Get in a room with my top developers
    • Tell them that nobody is going home until it's diagnosed & fixed
    • Contact a customer or two directly to observe the issue & do tracing/diagnosing ASAP.
    • And we would have a fix available for internal testing within hours

IT'S ONLY SOFTWARE, and if it broke since the last update, it's one of the things which changed in that update, and it only relates to a small piece of logic, so it shouldn't take that long to find & fix.

SO WTF is going on here????? 
  • edited April 2018
    Hello, Tyka,

Your last update on this issue was six days ago, at which point you said "Unfortunately we don't have an ETA on when this will be fixed." If that's still the case, then could you <please> let us know whether there's a way that we can revert our software to an earlier patch level, which doesn't have this bug?
    edited April 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Auto Reminder entered multiple times.

Quicken Premier 27.1.7.5
    Windows 10 Pro

Auto reminder has been entered in triplicate 

What is going on? This is the most broken version of quicken ever released and naturally they won't refund? The software is borderline unusable and certainly not as advertised.

Edit: reminders to show in register is set to don't
    file validates fine
    edited April 2018
    Okay. So, I posted this in an attempt to fix an issue. Quicken since released an update without a fix for this and I'm beginning to lose my patience. Not only does this issue still exist but it is now worse! I updated my bills and it attempted to send an online payment to a bill that was already paid!!!!!

Not only that but now it would seem that I can't "ignore" the bills that have already been paid in my calendar.

This is becoming a huge mess. If it's not resolved soon I'll be forced to look into alternate solutions.
  • Alvin LaneAlvin Lane Member
    edited April 2018
    This "Reminder never going away" error is causing me to double print checks at 50 cents each, not to mention the labor to identify them and void duplicates and clear out the reminder for the check(s) already written.  It may be caused by the new "Linked to Biller" addition now in Reminders because I have never had this issue in 20 years of using Quicken.  Get someone who knows how and get this fixed!  I don't use the "Linked to Biller" and would rather not have it. An inconvenient work around would be to print out all Reminders and then delete all Reminders from Quicken.  Then, use the deleted list to start a manual postings checklist until Quicken gets this fixed.
  • edited April 2018
    I am having the same issue.  It's very frustrating.  I have been using Quicken for at least 15 years and have never experienced problems like this.  Really wishing I would have stayed with my desktop version of 2016.
  • TroyhuskerTroyhusker Member
    edited May 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Windows - Future scheduled reminder shows up even after transaction has been sche....

There are many times when after I've scheduled a bill to be paid via Quicken for Windows 2018 (ver R8.10 build 27.1.8.10), the reminder for that same bill will show in the register along side the already scheduled bill.  This happens after I've connected to my bank and the scheduled bill has been assigned a check number.  This affect the running future balance.  And, if I changed the date of when to pay the bill (the bill due date falls on a weekend or something like that), the reminder entry has sometimes been far enough away in the registry that I've paid the bill twice without realizing it.  

This started happening 2-3 months ago, I believe.
  • Tom SavardTom Savard Member
    edited June 2018
    I have the same issue. After trying numerous "fixes" I am going to back to old method of having Quicken Bill Pay website collect the statements and then use autopay from there. In prior versions, this would sync with my reminders. Fingers crossed that it still works.

For whatever the reason, the new Online Bills don't effectively work with the reminders set up for them. 
    edited June 2018
    @Quicken,

This issue has been going on for nearly 6 months now, and has only partially been fixed.

The reminders appear to no longer auto enter. However, the reminders still do not ever go away. In other words, if you do not pay the bill from the Bill menu and instead just enter it in the register, the reminder no longer recognizes that there is a matching transaction.

Additionally, if the bill is ignored, it resets at every one step update and comes back. What is going on and when will this be fixed?