Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Match scheduled bill with downloaded transaction

Using Quicken for Windows 2018, R7.5,Build 27.1.7.5, I am unable to have Quicken match a "Scheduled Transaction  and Income Reminder" transaction with the corresponding downloaded transaction from my bank.  Currently I resolve this issue by manually entering the scheduled transaction, copying the memo field from the downloaded bank transaction to the manually entered scheduled transaction, marking the scheduled transaction as reconciled and then deleting the downloaded bank transaction that does not have the category split information.  Is there some way to have the scheduled transaction match the downloaded bank transaction and retain the bank transaction memo field while retaining the category splits from the scheduled transaction?  It's very tedious to reconcile the bank downloads with the scheduled transaction for multiple bills each month while retaining the category split information from regularly scheduled transactions.

In addition, I have created several renaming rules for downloads, none of which seem to work. Ideally I'd like to have a renaming rule that applies the payee name based on text in the memo field from the downloaded transaction, e.g. name payee Utility A based on a bank withdrawal download that lists "Utility A" in the memo field.  

If the above renaming could be made to work, then it seems Quicken might be able to do a better job with matching a bank download with a scheduled transaction.

In previous responses, it seems one workaround for matching is to enter a scheduled transaction into a register before the corresponding bank transaction is downloaded.  However it would make more sense to me if the downloaded bank transaction could be matched against schedule transaction before entering a scheduled transaction in the register.

Any pointers to potential workarounds to resolve these issues are appreciated.

Comments

• mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    The best way to ensure downloaded transactions are matched to bill reminders is to enter the reminder info the account register before accepting the downloaded transactions.
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • UnknownUnknown Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's what I do: Clear your scheduled transaction in the register (the one with all your splits and info that you set up) and then drag this transaction onto the one that you downloaded from your bank. Quicken should merge them. You can't do this until you clear the transaction though, as Quicken marks all the downloaded transactions from your bank as cleared.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Here's what I do: Clear your scheduled transaction in the register (the one with all your splits and info that you set up) and then drag this transaction onto the one that you downloaded from your bank. Quicken should merge them. You can't do this until you clear the transaction though, as Quicken marks all the downloaded transactions from your bank as cleared.

For the record:
    Drag and drop of transactions to effect a manual match is only applicable to Quicken for Mac.
    Quicken for Windows does not have this feature.
This discussion has been closed.