Integration with MileIq

I see that the current version has mileage tracking capabilities.

There are a number of automatic mileage trackers out there.
Could you integrate with the leaders like MileIq so we do not have to enter it again.
A direct API load similar to updating a bank account would be great.

If not at least a manual import capability to bring in these trips from the great vendors.
Tagged:
0 votes

No Status · Last Updated

Comments

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Brian,
    MileIQ would have to agree to be a Q provider before anything like this could happen.

BUT, a review of MileIQ's website indicates that they provide online reports.  SO, how about using the info from those reports (categorized as you select in MileIQ) and enter the monthly summary into Q's Mileage Tracker ... instead of all of the detail info?

That's what I do with my medical mileage.  I record it in the dearly departed "Quicken Medical Expense Manager" and then just input the summary into Q's Mileage Tracker.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • edited May 2018
    I believe the masses would still prefer Brian Wolff's idea much better. 

However, maybe if Quicken can accept csv uploads (a national, if not worldly, popular format), which MileIQ Reports can be exported as.
  • edited June 2018
    This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Idea: Importing Capability for Business Tools / Mileage Tracker.

Quicken (specifically Home & Business) uses CSV files to import particular data. MileIQ, a very popular and recognized mileage tracker app, can export reports in CSV files. I drive practically every day for business racking up drives and miles, and MileIQ is essential and easy to use with its business/personal category swiping. Wouldn't it be great to just import MileIQ's CSV reports into Quicken's Mileage Tracker and populate an entire month or year within seconds?

Please consider putting this idea in the front line. Thank you.