throttler denied request problem

I'm running Quicken 2016 3.6.6 for Mac. The bank I'm trying to connect to is Elevations Credit Union using Quicken Connect method. The last successful download of transactions was on 4/23, and since then I consistently get the message about "CP_SERVER_ERROR:internal.api:Throttler denied request. <details>", where <details> have changed as follows:

When this first happened, it was apparently related the bank's side of things, since my credentials were rejected on my bank's website with a message about downtime, and in Quicken as per the <details> stating something about credentials rejected.

So I waited a few days and tried again. Now, I can log in to Elevations just fine, but again I have the same Quicken error but this time the <details> are "Decision was IN_PROGRESS.". From searching community threads related to this, it may have something to do with my bank no longer providing API access to Quicken.

Can someone help? Thanks --
Gary

Comments

• Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello Gary, appreciate your question.

Can you try making a New File and try adding your bank account to see if the issue persists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • lokibear0803lokibear0803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for your reply, Quicken Harold. Creating a new file made things "better" but still not quite right. Two out of three accounts have the right balances, and are up to date; but one, while also sync'd as of today, has a balance discrepancy of about $6K. I couldn't find any transactions that match up with that amount, so it's not a clear-cut "dropped transaction" or duplicate situation.

In either event, I subsequently tried sync'ing again, since that's really the nature of the problem at hand (downloading new txns after the quicken accounts are set up), but that was not insightful since it did nothing (since perhaps it recognized that things are already up to date? not sure). Or, perhaps, it did nothing because this function is still not working right? There is at least some certainty that Elevations did not simply change things to prevent Quicken downloads, so that's somewhat reassuring.

That said, I certainly hope this is more troubleshooting than a workaround approach to a solution...since as far as I can tell, I'd lose all txns prior to 3 months ago, plus all my categories, etc. Unless of course Quicken has a workaround for these things, e.g. a way to import from one file to the other, etc.

Thanks for your help so far,
    Gary
    edited May 2018
    OK so a followup. I went back to my original file, and suddenly two out of three accounts are now up to date (w/o my asking for a sync). Not the same two as mentioned in my previous message; the one that's not in sync is problem I've had since late March, where there's no error message but new transactions are not downloaded (again, bank is Elevations, method is Quick Connect).

That account in question for this (original) file was however downloaded up to date in the new file described in my previous message. So this brings me back to my other question: assuming all else is now (somehow) good to go except for this one stale account, is there a way to migrate newer txns from one Quicken file to the other? 
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello lokibear0803,

You can transfer your transactions from one QFM file over to another using QFX (Quicken Windows Transfer File.) 

What this will do is transfer your transactions and categories from one Quicken file over to another.

If you need assistance on this, please let us know.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    So I guess the process is export all txns (is there a way to just export since a given date instead?) from working file, import into original file with stale account; but that goes into a new account however since the import detects the duplicate. Not what I was hoping; ideally, just the txns that aren't duplicates are imported. In either event, it appears I must do this manually via select txns, then drag-n-drop from new account from import to existing account that has been stale. Am I right?

Thanks again!
    Gary
  • Glenn DaweGlenn Dawe Member
    edited January 12
    I'm having the same Throttler error.
    CP_SERVER_ERROR:internal.api:Throttler denied request. Decision was IN_PROGRESS

I tried following Harold's suggestion to create a new file and now get this error:
    AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR (CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203)

The bank will occasionally update without issue but this is hit & miss.

Any other ideas?
  • Jim BrockJim Brock Member
    edited January 14
    Same issue on Quicken 2019 Deluxe 5.9.2, but it also occurred when on Quicken 2015. My bank points to Quicken and Intuit points to the bank an I'm stuck manually updating. It synced initially when I established a new account on Quicken for this year and once again 4 days ago, but stopped updating since.
    edited January 15
    Quicken updated OK yesterday but today I got a new error message:
    CP_SERVER_ERROR:ccclient.203

These errors have all been with the same bank so I suspect it may be their problem but it's odd that there have been at least 3 different errors with the same bank when the other FOUR banking institutions I deal with synchronize just fine.

edited January 22
    Updates have been working fine this past week (fingers crossed) and I was able to recreate the transactions download link for my credit card with that bank.

Thanks for the suggestions Harold - i think some corrections were made behind the scenes as I did not have to call to escalate the matter.
This discussion has been closed.