Unable to Connect to Financial Institutions After Upgrading

Yesterday everything was working just fine. Unfortunately, though, I was running Quicken 2015 so this morning I was forced into paying the upgrade fee in order to maintain the ability to download transactions from financial institutions. Should solve the transaction download issue, right? Wrong.

When attempting to import transactions from Wells Fargo I receive the "unable to verify financial institution error," when doing so from Charles Schwab I received a "your financial institution has rejected your request...connectivity for this financial institution has been disabled." Seriously?

Quicken is forcing users into paying a premium price, yet there are instances of these errors all over the place. Fix it! 

I'm (grudgingly) running Quicken 2018 R8.8, build 27.1.8.8.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for t....

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Addendum to this post: somewhere in the process of upgrading/trying to import transactions Quicken has blown out transactions in my checking account, and now the balance is misstated by thousands of dollars.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    What does blown out mean?
    Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • edited May 2018
    mshiggins said:

What does blown out mean?

"Blown out" means they're gone, or at least presumably gone because my balance is off by thousands of dollars. I'm on hold with Quicken Support right now, and their solution is to just add an adjusting entry. Seriously? Where did all the transactions go? It was absolutely, 100% correct yesterday!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

I recommend you restore your Quicken data file from a Manual or Automatic Backup taken on or before 4/30.

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

• edited May 2018
    I've converted and it's been a nightmare. I've been a Quicken user for 20+ years and have never experienced the problems I've had with this version. If I could go back in time 3 hours I would tell myself "stick with Quicken 2015 and manually reconcile without downloading," because Quicken 2018 has made a mess of EVERYTHING.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Hey Brian,

What exactly has happened?

Are you missing transactions? 

Are you getting any error messages?

Have you rebooted the computer?

Let us know so we can get this resolved?

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited May 2018
     Tyka:

What exactly has happened? I don't know where to begin... Are transactions missing? I would almost guarantee it, as the balance of my Wells Fargo checking account is off by thousands of dollars. I cannot import transactions from a Wells Fargo QFX file, nor can I directly download transactions from Charles Schwab. All of this was correct yesterday, the day before, the month before, the year before - even first thing this morning, when I was still running Quicken 2015. But I foolishly upgraded to 2018 (which forced a reboot) and now have all these problems. 

I spent an hour on the phone with support, who told me they have no solutions because my file must have been corrupted prior to import. I really, really should have paid closer attention to those reviewing Quicken 2018.
    edited July 2018
    Hey Brian,

We are going to start over.

I want you to close Quicken and restart the computer.

I want you to open Quicken after the computer has restarted.

I want to verify that the correct file has been converted:

Look at the top left of the Quicken window - is the name of the file what you expect it to be?  Sometimes during conversion, Quicken will choose an older version of your file to convert, rather than the most recent version.  Just go to File > Backup and Restore > Restore from backup to navigate to the correct file on your system.

If you have a different back up file from 2015, I would try opening it and see if the information looks correct.

Let us know if you have anymore file options.

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • edited May 2018
    Tyka:

I'll try the steps outlined above, but it will have to be in a couple hours. The correct file was converted - I only maintain one file and one backup (backs up with each file close) - but I made the mistake of backing up the new version file without copying the prior version backup. I do have the original 2015 file (the file which Quicken placed in Q15 files), however. That's not a backup, though, so I'm guessing it will only convert upon opening.
  • Jean FJean F Member
    edited May 2018
    I have experienced the same issue since converting yesterday.  I discovered that I was able to fix it for the problem accounts by deactivating the online services for those accounts (Go to "Edit Account Details" Ctrl+Shift+E and click the "Online Services" tab and then "Deactivate")  This seemed to reset the connection and the file was able to be processed.  I had to re-associate the accounts but that wasn't hard.  Hope this helps. 
    edited July 2018
    Hey Brian,

Did this ever get sorted out?

Are you still needing help?

Let us know where you are at!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka