Restoring from Time Machine

Victor Pesquera
Victor Pesquera Member ✭✭
Recently bought a new MacBook Pro and restored all my files from time machine. However am having problems locating my data file with all saved transactions.  Can someone help?  I have Quicken Deluxe 2018 for Mac.

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Hello Victor, appreciate your question.

For this issue, I would recommend calling Quicken Phone Support so that one of our Mac technical representatives can look into this issue and get things going for you.

Hope this helps.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    Victor,

Quicken, by default, stores your data file at

~/Library/Application Support/Quicken/Documents

where ~ indicates your user directory on the Mac.

The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS. To access it, in the Finder, hold down the Shift key and click the Go menu. With the Shift key held down, you should see the Library item in the Go menu. Select that, and the user Library folder will open in the Finder.

Once you are in the Library folder, double click the Application Support folder, then the Quicken folder and finally the Documents folder within. You should see your Quicken data file there (ending in the extension ".quicken"). Double click to open the file in Quicken. 

After doing this once, Quicken should open this file automatically when you launch Quicken and the file should appear in the menu File > Open Recent.

Let me know if this works for you.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Victor,

The user Library folder is hidden by default in macOS. To access it, in the Finder, hold down the Shift key and click the Go menu. With the Shift key held down, you should see the Library item in the Go menu. Select that, and the user Library folder will open in the Finder.

Once you are in the Library folder, double click the Application Support folder, then the Quicken folder and finally the Documents folder within. You should see your Quicken data file there (ending in the extension ".quicken"). Double click to open the file in Quicken. 

After doing this once, Quicken should open this file automatically when you launch Quicken and the file should appear in the menu File > Open Recent.

And if you still have trouble, read this FAQ: (If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Victor Pesquera
    Victor Pesquera Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    RickO said:

Victor,

Tks very much.  I am back in business.  Appreciate your quick response.
This discussion has been closed.