92 quadrillion amount shows up in net worth report

My net worth report was showing a huge negative amount. I did a validate and repair, that didn't fix it. So then I created a new account and moved all the transactions to the new account, that still didn't fix it. So then I drilled down by month to find which transaction was causing the error. I found 6 with an amount >92,000,000,000,000,000,000.00 . All were transactions to buy the same equity, and occured over the period from 03/24/2015 to 05/26/2016. I started deleting these transactions one at a time to see which was causing the error. When I deleted the 5th transaction on 09/28/2015, the problem went away. I then started re-entering the transactions that I had deleted. When I re-entered the 5th transaction, the problem came back! With more experimentation I found that just entering the 5th transaction would cause the error even without entering the previous 4 transactions. See screen print below.

Comments

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/incorrect-realized-gain
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • George CoxGeorge Cox Member
    edited May 2018
    Problem solved... After trying a lot of things that didn't work, I exported the account to a QIF file with approx 27000 transactions. I then renamed the old account. Then I created a new blank investment account with the exact same name as the old account before it was renamed. I then imported the QIF file into the newly created blank account. The problem was fixed! The info about having to edit the QIF file and adding !Account, NMyAccount, Txxxx, and ^ in order to import into an investment account wasn't necessary as they were already in the exported file. (Quicken premier build 27.1.8.8)
  • q_lurkerq_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Problem solved... After trying a lot of things that didn't work, I exported the account to a QIF file with approx 27000 transactions. I then renamed the old account. Then I created a new blank investment account with the exact same name as the old account before it was renamed. I then imported the QIF file into the newly created blank account. The problem was fixed! The info about having to edit the QIF file and adding !Account, NMyAccount, Txxxx, and ^ in order to import into an investment account wasn't necessary as they were already in the exported file. (Quicken premier build 27.1.8.8)

Glad you got your problem solved.  

FWIW, and for any future readers:  here is another similar situation where the user solved it in a different way.  
    https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/92-quadrillion-problem
This discussion has been closed.