OL 1 B error

Delux 2016 w current updates. Web connect error only, other connections work. 1 mo ago server error. Reported as fixed. Broken again 10 May. Ongoing. Chat help service unaware and unhelpful.

Comments

• Dennis HohnDennis Hohn Member
    edited May 2018
    Having the same issue. Let it update to the most current update and now am seeing this for all but my connection to Fidelity.
  • edited October 2018
    Same Issue here
  • Dennis HohnDennis Hohn Member
    edited May 2018
    At least for me, it appears that the Quicken ID gets messed up with the update. I signed out by going to Help > Privacy Preferences, then going to Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts. Then Sign in as a different User.

Once I did that, the One Step Update Progress started working for all of my Express Web Connect accounts
  • MarkMark Member
    edited July 2018
    Same here. Longtime Quicken user at least 12 years.  This only started when the latest "build" was updated on 5/11/18. Kind of ridiculous to see the red banner daily telling me "it is not your fault". Of course it is not! Are these products not tested BEFORE being released?
  • edited May 2018
    Me Too using Starter 2017 for Windows. Worked fine until the autoupgrade installed today. 15.15. What to do? Any workaround?
  • vigioltovigiolto Member
    edited May 2018
    Me too. Using premium 2017. Update installed today. 4 financial institutions updated ok; 6 didn’t. 2 hours with support and no resolution. Tried logging out of quicken and back in as a different user with no success.
  • Ruth SeberRuth Seber Member
    edited July 2018
     quicken 2016 error OL-1-B after update. All was well until last update of Quicken. Presently using Premier Version: R16.1 Build 25.1.16.1 on Windows 10 1803. Failed to download transactions from financial institution, however investments are fine. Problem since last week.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
     Some posts here in the Community suggest that you refresh your Quicken ID.

Go into Edit / Preferences / Quicken ID, Mobile & Alerts.
    Click "Sign in as different user".
    Follow the sign out process.
    Stop and restart Quicken.
    Sign in with your current Quicken ID and password.
    Try another One Step Update.
    edited June 2018
    UKR said:

Some posts here in the Community suggest that you refresh your Quicken ID.

Did not work. Using Premier 2017.
  • Jack EpsteinJack Epstein Member
    edited June 2018
    If Quicken wanted to fix this, they would contact a user who had the problem, put a trace on their account, and debug the transaction as it failed. The lack of even a comment to this thread by Quicken means we're not giving it enough visibility. Ideas ?
  • edited June 2018
    I have the same problem.  Nothing will update except Fidelity
    edited May 2018

If Quicken wanted to fix this, they would contact a user who had the problem, put a trace on their account, and debug the transaction as it failed. The lack of even a comment to this thread by Quicken means we're not giving it enough visibility. Ideas ?

Here's the link to proposed fix in upper right corner of Home page https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/qwin-2016-r16-1-its-not-your-fault-or-something-...
  • JoeJoe Member
    edited July 2018
    This is broken on Quicken 2017.  Happened right after the R15.15 patch.  I tried the link above and did not help.  Please advise as it is dead in the water at this point.

edited May 2018
    Same here. Suggested fix does’t work. Spent 2 hrs with support and they have no fix at this time.
  • edited July 2018
    Two hours on the phone with a knowledgable, patient  Support rep, including a full uninstall/reinstall on Starter 2017/Windows. At least it would now "connect" to my banks, but did not download transactions.  So will be back with them on Monday looking for solution.
    edited May 2018

Quicken Alex, if you're lurking, fix doesn't work. Left Chase connection method intact, disabled connection for Target. After applying fix, Chase connected x 1, but Target would not allow recreate connection. Today, Chase won't connect, after a while, presents ID and PW and states Chase doesn't recognize password (unchanged in Quicken). Why do I feel like an unpaid alpha tester for an update that's not ready for prime time ? Is there a way to roll back Quicken to status prior to update ? At least until you can actually fix the problem ?
  • edited July 2018
    Same here.  
  • Quicken HaroldQuicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Same here.  

Hello Pam, appreciate your question.

Have you tried signing out of your Quicken ID and signing in again:

Please let us know if this works for you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Rod HoffmanRod Hoffman Member
    edited May 2018
    I have the same problem described here with my Navy Federal Credit Union 'Web Connect' account.  I have also tried the suggested 'fix' precisely as described, along with several reboots, restoration of previous files etc.  For me the problem started yesterday after an update was applied.

Rod Hoffman
    edited May 2018
    Hello all,

Has anyone tried making a New Quicken File and try adding your accounts to see if the issue persists in a new environment?

Please let us know so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Harold,
      Just created a new file.  Trying to add Navy Federal gives me the 'its not you its us' message.
    edited May 2018

Harold,
      Just created a new file.  Trying to add Navy Federal gives me the 'its not you its us' message.

For awareness I'm using Quicken 2017 Rental Property Manager (R15.15)  Build 26.1.15.15
    edited July 2018
    Hello all,

Please try making a new user on your Windows machine and then try launching Quicken and trying One Step Update in the new user environment.

If this doesn't work, please contact Quicken Support so that our customer support reps can collect your logs regarding this issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
    edited May 2018

Hello all,

Please try making a new user on your Windows machine and then try launching Quicken and trying One Step Update in the new user environment.

If this doesn't work, please contact Quicken Support so that our customer support reps can collect your logs regarding this issue.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Harold,

That did work.  Given that in a new user environment I'm able to do that.  Does that give an indication of how I can best fix it so that it also works under my user?

Rod
    edited May 2018
    Harold, Monica on support team received my logs Friday. I do NOT want to create a new windows user and all the headaches associated with transferring files. Margaret
  • edited May 2018

Hello all,

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

I can confirm that opening my quicken file from a new windows account and using the one step update worked.  Now, does this mean I will only be able to successfully use one step update from the new account?  Or should I now be able to use it from my original windows account again?

Update:  Went back and tried with my original windows account and it still doesn't work.  Nobody is going to want to use an entirely different account for this to work.  Need a solution that fixes it within the original account...
    edited May 2018

Hello all,

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.

Hello Garrett,

Glad that the issue was resolved by making the new file, but we also understand the issues with this error in the current environment.

Our engineers are working on a solution at this time, but they requested these steps to be done.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • Ty McCartneyTy McCartney Member
    edited May 2018

Same here.  

Thank you! This fixed the problem for me using the 2016 Home and Business.
  • edited May 2018

I have the same problem.  Nothing will update except Fidelity

This link - that Jack Epstein sent to me - fixed my problem.  Thanks Jack.
    http://email.getsatisfaction.com/wf/click?upn=Gf15zKkQ5xF-2FJchx2RlboEZCOWJo71NP9bexmc7o9m-2FybS-2F9...
  • edited July 2018
    Quicken Harold, same problem here. Quicken 2017 Deluxe. Curiously I get the same error whether I enter the correct Chase password or not.

Please fix ASAP.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.