I am a Mac user and really prefer Windows to Mac version. Does Quicken offer an Online Windows ver

I am a Mac user and really prefer Quicken on Windows to Mac version. Does Quicken offer an Online Windows version that I can access from my Mac?

Comments

• Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian)Arctic Hare (H&B 2019 Canadian) SuperUser ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    No, but many people run the Windows version of Q on their Mac using Parallels for Mac.
  • edited December 2018
    I know.  That is exactly what I have.  But Windows 10 performance on Hi Sierra is very temperamental.  I have reformatted and loaded Windows OS 3 times.  After 1 or 2 days, it slows down considerably, and so do all associated Apps such as Quicken.  Its quite frustrating.  Is this problem typical?
  • edited May 2018

No, but many people run the Windows version of Q on their Mac using Parallels for Mac.

Thank you for your quick response!
    edited May 2018

I know.  That is exactly what I have.  But Windows 10 performance on Hi Sierra is very temperamental.  I have reformatted and loaded Windows OS 3 times.  After 1 or 2 days, it slows down considerably, and so do all associated Apps such as Quicken.  Its quite frustrating.  Is this problem typical?

I couldn’t comment on that. I run the Windows version on a high end Windows 10 PC. It works well.
  • edited May 2018

I agree...Nothing wrong with Quicken or Windows 10.  They work fine on my PC.  Just having problems with Parallels and Windows 10.  Thank you for your input.  
    edited May 2018

Why not Remote Desktop into your PC;! then you can work on a common datafile from both platforms.
  • edited May 2018

Good point.  But PC is not mine. Belongs to Company.  Im trying to get it all done on my personal Mac :-).  Maybe Ill just have to buy a ultrabook!
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

Sanjay,
    if you're running Parallels on your Mac, how much RAM do you have associated with it? The more RAM, the merrier. IMHO, 4GB minimum.
    Do you leave Windows up and running long enough so it can do its internal stuff, e.g., call home to download and install software updates, AV scans, etc.?
    Windows does not play well if doesn't get enough continuous runtime.
  • edited May 2018

Thank you for your comments. Yes I have 4 g Ram of which i have associated over 2 for Windows. I do let it do necessary upgrades daily. But it seems that once it goes into hibernation it has to update again. As time elapses this gets worse to a point that i have to reinstall. Is there a way it will continue to do upgrades when I’m on the Mac OS side of parallels ?
    edited May 2018

2 GB is the minimum requirement to run Win 10 64 bit. I am not surprised that you are having performance problems with Quicken if you are trying to run it under Win 10 in an environment that has only about 2 GB of RAM.

I run Quicken on PC with 32 GB of RAM. Now, I will acknowledge that 32GB is clearly overkill, but I can only imagine that running with only 2 GB is starving Windows 10 + Quicken.

UKR recommended minimum of 4GB allocated to the Win 10 environment (not 4GB on the Mac)... you are running around half of that minimum recommendation.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

I second Arctic Hare's comments.

And don't let your Mac go into hibernation while Windows is doing its stuff. Treat it as if it was a separate PC that needs to have enough continuous runtime to get its work done.
    Reboot Windows (not the Mac) after all the software updates have downloaded and installed.

• edited May 2018

Thank you both! I will definitely keep that in mind! Very helpful.
This discussion has been closed.